Reviews for Playing Favorites
zats chapter 2 . 1/28/2010
As much as I love Tony...McGee does need to blowup at him. Picking on him all the time is not right. Maybe if he explained why he does it. More please.
ncisfanatic50 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
I am open to almost any stories about my favorite shows, even when the characters are somewhat AU. However, while you write well, the character of Tony, Gibbs and Vance are so off I feel as if I am reading about a different show.

Vance would have to be a hypocrite to put Gibbs down for being close to Tony and understanding him better since they are so much alike. He told Gibbs in "Collateral Damage" that he felt all agents should be more like McGee and less like DiNozzo, to which Gibbs replied, "in other words, less like me."

Gibbs tries to take up for all of his agents. He is enjoying the fact that McGee is finally standing up to Tony (think about "Power Down"), unless he feels Tim says something cruel as he did when he insinuated that Tony could not be a team leader even though Tony had done just that for four months.

Tony teases a lot with McGee and uses various nicknames, that is true. However, McGee has not learned the difference between hazing or teasing and just being downright mean. As far as Tony telling Tim what Gibbs said to his father, why would he? Tony did not tell anyone about the Rota, Spain job even when Tim was making fun of Tony's abilities after Tony had kept the team together the four months Gibbs was gone.

This story has gone way to AU for all the characters, IMO. And for the record, I too have watched "Jetlag" at least 10 times and Gibbs says, "Our best agents are with her." If he had said what you thought he said how would we know he was talking about Tony? He could have been talking about Ziva. Since I feel Gibbs thinks both agents are capable, that is why he said what he did.

You are a good writer. I just feel you went too far with the character bashing.
tonyfan chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
hi!

actually gibbs said: our best agents are with her.

i have to say that tony is my favorite and i think he is the best agent like gibbs also said to tonys father. he can be a joker but he isn't cruel like mcgee sometimes. when mcgee teases it is mostly below the belt. gibbs worked with tony the longest and they are very much alike. mcgee has other specialties like computers or technology.
UnstoppableForce chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I'm intrigued. Do continue. :)
MatteaAM chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I just said to myself - This is gonna be good.

I can already see all the countless Tony/Gibbs father/son moments.

xD
Cab chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Not to mention the numerous times Tim has disrespected Tony.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
interesting start, in so many story tim finely after years of crap break down and talk about it, after he quits. so it is nice to see vance THE BOSS telling gibbs. and i have no problem with a boss likeing one person over the other, but letting them get away with all the teaseing for years is different

some one said vance is being hypocritical, why he ask tim to do jobs that tony can not do, that is a fact, but does vance ever say stuff like i did tim becouse tony to stupid, or say this is my best agent to tim, and have tony stand there looking stupid,

vance thinks tim better then tony, but he make no comments about it to tony, he make no insults,

gibbs make comments about tony, that hurt tim, tony make a lot of comments that are hurt full, and gibbs never say anythink. when tim made one comment "probie" gibb yell at him"

if tim said made fun of tony, by being vance favitor, would that not make him a jerk. but when tony does it, every one ok with it.

so keep up the good work
chelsea1234 chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Great start! Thanks :)
Le Bibliothecaire chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Pretty hypocritical of Vance, considering his obvious preferential treatment toward McGee. DiNozzo has earned Gibbs' respect and trust and vice versa. Sounds like Vance is a little jealous.
SherryGabs chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Oh, that's gotta make Gibbs burn... Vance sticking his nose in about how Gibbs treats his team. LOL. Very good start. I'm anxious to read more.
85 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6