Reviews for Ellie vs the Birthday
basaltone chapter 6 . 4/24/2011
Wonderful beginning, so sorry to see it has been abandoned. The heartfelt way you are able to express John's feelings beneath that stoney exterior almost brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for your story.
ACasey chapter 6 . 2/18/2011
Just read this and.. wow! Poor Ellie and John.. hopefully you can update again?
bob0045 chapter 6 . 12/14/2010
Poor John, the things he does for his country. And poor Ellie, it her birthday damn it!
Emy chapter 6 . 10/22/2010
You hope there's interest? Are you kidding? I'm completely hooked on your story and you can't possibly leave it there...really, please?

I love the way you write John; his inner struggle, how his eyes give him away and your angsty descriptions are all beautifully done.

Please think about continuing this? There is really not enough Jellie out there...

x
AngelOfDeath07 chapter 6 . 7/14/2010
Yay you updated!

Poor Ellie I feel so much for her in the fic. You portray her feelings of invisiablity and unfullfilment so well.

Why did Casey have turn her down? I know he is a man of honour but he REALLY wanted Ellie and she REALLLY wanted him :D

Update ASAP please :)

Deanie
Ms. Chips chapter 6 . 7/13/2010
Grrr. I really thought that Ellie had him when she proclaimed her right to choose for herself whom she loved. Initially I thought their biggest obstacle would be her albeit waning (and misguided!) sense of loyalty to Devon, but now I see the real triangle here is between Casey's love of country and his and Ellie's feelings for one another. John doesn't think he can have both, but I wonder if that's necessarily true. Does his sense of duty really necessitate being alone? Could having a happy homelife actually add to his commitment to national security rather than distract him from it? After all, he would have something personal to fight for and protect rather than some abstract notion of patriotism. I can only hope that not succumbing to the passion of the moment will somehow lead to an even deeper relationship later on, after they've both been able to consider their feelings for one another against any other obligations. And if in the meantime Ellie has kicked Awesome to the curb, so much the better!

Thanks for the excellent update. Please do continue with the story!
vandevere chapter 6 . 7/13/2010
Poor Ellie and John...

Both aching with need. But, John's too noble for his own good sometimes...

Vandevere
goddessofbirth chapter 6 . 7/13/2010
Urg...must now go take a cold shower. Love it when the wolf comes out to play...

She needs to break him so badly. I want to see 'Casey Unleashed' in all his CaseyJayne-ness (as opposed to Jayne's JayneCasey-ness). Need. More. Now.

Sorry, this review is just as discombobulated as my thought process after reading that...
currish chapter 6 . 7/13/2010
NO! Stupid stupid John! Oh I'm dying for the next chapter! :D
Sunshineali chapter 6 . 7/13/2010
What, what, what? He left her there, naked and wanting. B-A-D John!

B-A-D! This is really good and I can totally see a struggle like this as both of them are such good people. But, they're meant to be, so I wonder how much longer he can stay away from her.

My favorite part of this story so far (besides the hawtness!) was Devon speaking about taking out the trash and her finally realizing what a dolt he is.

Very nice story. ;)
Basched chapter 6 . 7/13/2010
Brandy.

Can I put what I'm feeling into words? I don't think that's possible!

WOW!

I knew that this chapter wouldn't disappoint, but for it to make me have those...ahem...THOSE feelings and sensations...wow just doesn't even come close to covering it.

This was great. It was more than great...its perfect, sexy, erotic and I'm going to have to go to my bunk! *lol*

Thanks for the read! Brilliant stuff! XD

Casey. *sigh*
P.J. Murphy chapter 6 . 7/13/2010
Awww, man! That ending hurt. I think I've read too many Casey/Ellie stories lately (and wrote two of my own) to the point where I think they should be together instead of Ellie and Devon. (although if TPTB need relationship angst next year for some inexplicable reason, that's the way to go)

Great writing, as usual. Please write more of this story.
KuryakinGirl chapter 6 . 7/13/2010
B!

B, I was so excited to see the notice of a new chapter of this story in my inbox, and it certainly didn't disappoint! Richly described with beautiful, exquisite details... followed up by aching sadness at the end...

...can't there be a "tragic" accident on the "Dudes'-Somewhat-Only" weekend?

Really eager to see where you go with this, whenever the muse decides to share!

*Lovely* as always.

K
Ms. Chips chapter 5 . 3/2/2010
Color me intrigued - and more than a little excited. Like everyone else, I want to see this scene progress. A lot. But I can't help but wonder about the aftermath. I can see both Casey and Ellie struggling with what they've done. I suspect they'll both feel they've betrayed their ideals. A stable family life is so important to Ellie after the dissolution of her parents' marriage and her and Chuck's abandonment. Of course, she's not married to Devon yet here, but even so I think she won't let herself off the hook regardless of Awesome's not-just-the-boys weekend adventure. And Casey will feel that he's jeopardized his mission and his relationship with the asset. This was, after all, just supposed to be a "support mission". And stand-up marines don't pursue other men's women. So, as delightful as the towel drop is to contemplate, I think there may be some dark days ahead before I can enjoy my Jellie.

I love your POVs. They're funny and poignant and so insightful. You really do bring out a lot of depth in these complex and rich character studies. I can't wait to see where you go with this, so please post more soon. Great job!
P.J. Murphy chapter 5 . 2/21/2010
Aw, total tease! Now you HAVE to continue this story. Such an awesome (no pun intended) setup with John's gift of pecan pie and Ellie needing somebody to notice her. You must be driving the Jellie shippers insane right now.

Great work.