Reviews for Out of Sight, Out of Mind
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
I really liked this. I like when authors confront some of the questions that the story raises head on, and I think you found a very good answer as well.
Heliopause chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I liked the characterisation of Peter as plodding his way through to a conclusion, and also this: "as if he gave her strength to open her heart to the world", with its hint of Susan's complexities and shieldedness.

The last few lines didn't quite feel right to me. I wondered if Aslan would be "honored" by anyone trusting him? And "I wouldn't have chosen that... but I understand why you chose it for me" felt to me almost a bit patronising, as if Peter were being kindly understanding of Aslan's quirky choice. Maybe if Peter said "I understand now why you chose it for me"?
Ayra Sei Ethari chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Really nicely done! I've never quite thought of that loophole there in the storyline; it's been an interesting quandary to think about it. But in any case, I think that your entire scene there works rather well - nothing seemed to not work for me.

Ayra
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
Well done.

And yet, when they were back in England, only Susan truly lived there-the other three were always remembering Narnia, and leaning on Susan to do the same.

How did that serve England?

Very well written, though.
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Having Peter & his siblings forget England is certainly one approach Aslan could have taken (the other being him giving them a peace about their absent family). Great job in writing an explanation for the first approach. It does great credit to the character of Aslan. This is now one of my favourites.
Eavis chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Excellent. I very rarely find an author whose writing of Aslan I like, but you have done an incredible job. Well done.

Go with God,

Eavis
Chloris chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I always wondered about this part of the story. You would think that they'd have worried about home and their parents, but they didn't. You explained it all so well. Excellent writing.
ariex chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
I never thought about this. It's a very interesting way to look at it, and I like it. I think that you did a good job keeping them in character.
Alrissa chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
As always you ask the right questions.

It wouldn't have been difficult to dimm England in their minds. Out of sight out of mind fits...

But Narnia aside.

I myself always wondered, each time I recall Narnia what would have happlened if the professor (It was the professor right It's beena while since I read the very first book?) entered another pool when he was a kid.

What other worlds could have been made or visited. And would they fade as well when the time came to go home? Or would the home fade in the new worlds...
Deandra chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Very nice, and well written. It did seem odd that they struggled to remember the lamp post and from whence they had come. But Aslan is right that forgetting was a kindness given to them so they would not be burdened with guilt and worry. I always thought it a bit strange that they forgot England, but I never followed it through in my mind to determine why that might have been. This makes a very nice gapfiller to Lewis' works.

- Deandra
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Gosh...I may have wondered this a few times, and, man, your explanation is what I've always needed! U

Aslan and Peter are written as well, as well as what little we see of Susan-love her reaction to Aslan, along with Peter's brotherly, protective observations! Aslan...you write him SO WELL! I LOVE IT when he is written as such! *U*

Aslan's last line was so true, one I'm sure Peter, too, understood. It also, in a way, foreshadowed Susan in LB and, well, pretty much after PC.

Rock on! U *U*

Ever-so sincerely signed,

Shizuku Tsukishima749 :D ;D :) ;)

P.S.-The quotations and title really worked well for the subject, and I also LOVED the line about Peter being spared fifteen years of grief, in return for fifteen years of splendor!
Aslan is love chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
wow I've been waiting for someone to write a story like this one, one that asks " Why" they forget England and Narnia at certain times in the bookverse. My favorite part was were Aslan was explain that no man can serve 2 masters its like what Jesus Christ said in the bible, very well done.
yellulhchicken chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
This is a very good one shot. The story is nicely written, the characters in character. It feels right.

After reading this fic I remembered a saying, "The Lord works in mysterious ways". Simply put, we do not have all the information to see all the angles. We also have biases that blind us to the angles that we should have seen. So when someone who has all the information makes decisions, it may seem a mystery to us. It may even seem nonsensical, bizarre or just plain stupid. But when all is revealed, opinions would turn a one-eighty.
QuietInsomniac chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Nice characterization of Peter and Aslan, you had their speech patterns down, and made it all so plausible too. I got to 'know' Peter in the 1.3 K words that you wrote, and not everybody can do that.

5/5
Theodosia chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
*Interesting*. I never though about this before, but it makes a lot of sense!