Reviews for Same Old Lang Syne
Fliberty chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
I left this review ages ago and I just realised it somehow ended up anonymous (I had a few that did this, not sure why). I thought I should put my name to it as it feels a bit stalker-like to leave anonymous reviews, even accidentally :-)

This very angsty, emotional and so very sad. I loved the song and the way it fit the story so well.

I felt such sadness at the relationship Bella was in. She has settled for someone who is kind and loving and a wonderful father to her son. He obviously adores her and has accepted that there is part of her that he will never know or have.

I’m not sure I feel all that sympathetic to Bella since she started the relationship with him knowing that she wouldn’t love anyone else and knowing that she couldn’t give herself fully to anyone else. She also knew where her love was and that he would want the chance to know his son once he found out his son existed. It seems that she has taken the easy route and hurt a lot of people because of it. She was also willing to cheat on her husband, who has given her everything, when given the chance.

Not to say that her love was entirely innocent, he was an idiot but I think he still had the right to know about his son. At least he stopped Bella from betraying her husband completely when she fully intended to.

I think it could be worth continuing he story but I don’t see how this could be continued without her husband suffering losing his wife and son, he deserves better than that.

One thing I have to say is that I wasn’t convinced by her love being Jasper with Edward the husband. I don’t think that worked. I have no problem with BxJ or BxE but I think you used so many features of Edward throughout the story, calling him Jasper at the end just doesn’t work. Sorry, but I felt this kind of spoiled it and distracted the reader from the end of the story.

All of that said; it’s a very well written piece of work.
iBlerd chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
I absolutely *LOVE* this! "Same Old Lang Syne" is on of my favorite songs. I eagerly anticipate hearing it, every holiday season.
vbfb1 chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
Wow i had so assumed Edward was the guy that left.

This was an amazing story i would so read more if you wrote it.
PrincessKris chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Ok - totally thrown for a loop there at the end. /
babylopez2008 chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I'm confused.

Who's POV was it in the beginning?

How does she have two sons? Did she leave her husband?

Ahhh! Sooo confused it's driving me crazy.
Tine chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
hey this was really great. but i didn't expect it was a b/j fanfic. still great though. two thumbs up. ;)
jaspermax chapter 1 . 10/21/2010
You are a very talented write. This story has all the elements for a great story I laughed, cryied, got happy , and sad. Thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/16/2010

All of that said; it’s a very well written piece of work.
CaringKaren chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Thank you for writing this story. I have always loved this song, too. I cry every time I hear it. Would you consider continuing this story so they can have a HEA? Real life has too much pain and heartache to allow it to continue in a situation where it can be alleviated, such as in a story that can be molded and nudged to a happy ending. Please?
Lisa-FanFicCrazy chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I don't know when this was written but I just found it.. Nice twist! LOL Only thing that didn't work for me was "the hair" "crazy hair" "strange color" is uniquely Edward.. I liked it though! :)
Nonny Mous chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
Love it as is, but would love it even more if you continued it!
whisper19 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
what an amazing way to start a day

usually i read one 1shot while still in bed, before i have to get out and face the world. this morning it was "same old lang syne" and it was amazing

i don't even mind starting my day crying, it was so good.

it would be amazing if you would continue this story, even for one more chapter

loved your other stories as well :)
twilightobsessed40873a chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
That was great
NanaMun chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Ah, what a heartache to read, but I do not regret it. I loved it!
m.taylor chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
please please PLEASE! dont hit the complete button): lol

this was absolutely FANTASTIC! (: