Reviews for Same Old Lang Syne
m.taylor chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
please please PLEASE! dont hit the complete button): lol

this was absolutely FANTASTIC! (:
Erotillectual chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
I loved reading this, and knowing the song as well as I do (I can almost sing it all word for word) made it even more enjoyable.

Should you hit the complete button? Shockingly, my impulse is to say yes, although I think you should have hit the complete button after "My husband and son walked into our house, leaving the door open behind them, waiting for me to join them in our comfortable life."

Having said that...the way you did end it leaves it unfinished in a not so satisfying way. Let's just say that if you do continue this, I will most likely read it...but I won't like it, and not because Bella will leave Edward (so is Edward blond and blue-eyed, since apparently Jasper is a green-eyed red-head?). It's not like I don't like it when Edward loses Bella and suffers. On the contrary, I usually like that a lot, but for some reason not in this story. It would be the height of cruelty to make this Edward suffer the loss of not only Bella, but the only son he will ever have.

Now, if you feel the need to continue one of your one-shots, I vote for you to continue "In my Life". :)
Sparkie Night chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
So wait! Back up! Im confused! Jasper is Bella's true love but he's travling by playing music, he's the one with a shitty family and hes the real dad to the baby boy, right? Or is it Edward that is Bella's true love but he's travling by playing music, he's the one with a shitty family and hes the real dad? Because I didn't follow through, please reply back with an answer. Or did Edward eventually marry her?
Avery Anderson chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Uhg,
I love this,
please continue.
I would love to read some more soon.
oliviawhitlockx chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
never hit the complete button. keep going please! x
VeThena chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I really loved the story until the end. Lol, as if that was Jasper! I know it's your story and all but the description of the male character was purely Edward; the messy hair, green eyes, pianist, musician, always feeling not good enough, etc, etc, etc. You may have changed the names in the end but it's still Edward. And i knew you would somehow do this, i've never read your work but in your profile, which is where i found this story, you made it perfectly clear you're no ExB fan. I read this accepting that although i'm ExB fan. So imagine my surprise to read that it's Jasper! Ofcourse that was your plan i guess.

Anyway i loved it. Not the name change but the story itself. I thot it was sad and very touching and beautifully written. I would encourage you to make it multi-chaptered because it would be nice for them to find their way back home. But stick true to the characters. It may be fanfiction but it's twilight fanfic and we love those characters and it's very special when an author manipulates them ryt
covenmama chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
Please..

please.. continue this.

we need more Jasper/Bella stories!

that twist pulled the rug out from under my feet!

Beautiful story!
PolkaDotMama chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I don't I've ever cried so much in so few words. I'm sure I"ve gone through at least 10 tissues. Wow. You write pain so well. This was so beautiful and heart wrenching and honest. You know some of my history, so you can imagine why this touched me even deeper than most. I've lived part of this. Gah! I dont' know if I can write anymore. I think I need to go cry some more. Thanks, bb.
kirifox chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Please don't hit the complete button. More please. I love your writing style, but you are killing me. So sad...so sad...

You had me twisted around until the end though...I thought it was Edward who left her and she married Jasper. I should know you better then that. Now I have to go back and re read, putting the proper faces to the words.

I just wish, as with other things you have written, that Jasper would get his HEA, whether with Bella or Edward. So sad...
Isobelle Vaughn chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
NO! Don't hit the complete button! This is heartbreaking and gorgeous, but I need more. When I read the ending, I had to reread parts of the story again because I wasn't sure what what was going on. Please go further with it!

You definitely had me thinking that it was Edward she loved for most of it but then I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was Jasper. Thanks for the story!
mspacman1 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
no please do NOT hit the complete button yet! Like I said in my email I am beyond flooredwith emotion after reading this chapter... Longing, sadness, a little bit of bitterness and even

some anxiety (bc they are in love and apart). It was brilliantly,

beautifully written and I would love to read more.

Also, I would love to hear more about these lines from your AN if you felt like sharing, though I think I understand the mto a point - "They say we are product of our environments. If that is true, and we consider our stories to be our 'children', then this is definitely a product of my environment, my emotional one to be exact."

I can understand if it is too personal to share. I just want to thank you for taking up writing b/c you are one of my fav authors!
KristALchelle chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
For the love of all that is holy, do not hit that button! OMG VAL, you absolutely knocked it out of the park, bb and it totally feels like it is segueing into Dan's "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight". So awesome I can't even put it into words, brilliantly written and so amazingly touching. Well done, bb, sorry it took me so long to get to it! Awesome, awesome story! 3 Krista
theladyingrey42 chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Oh this is so lovely and sad. The description of his reaction to their son was utter heartbreak of the best kind. Thank you so much for it.
cocoalvin chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Wow! That was phenominal. You had me so convinced of who the characters were and then the end! Please continue. I want, no need more.
IllicitWriter chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
That was awesome...you should continue.
63 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »