Reviews for Same Old Lang Syne
CRAZYCARE4 chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
No u should definitely not hit the complete button. I was so sure until the end that she was married to Jacob and Edward was her baby. But I love Jasper/Bella coupling too. Please cntinue! That wS great
clairdeluneisgreat chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
*sobbs* Wow! This is really amazing Val. If your willing to share it I would gladly read more. (big hugs)
SubtlePen chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Oh, Touch. I had to wait a few days to read this after you rec'd it to me. that song always tore me up, and continues to this day. i knew your story would, also. just as the song ends on an almost dissonant note, mid phrase, as if the story wasn't finished, you leave us with that wonderful possibility.

although it breaks my heart in at least 4 pieces, i would gladly read another chapter, or more. so many times in life, and in lives like these, there is no real happy ending. if bella and jasper reunite, that leaves poor devoted edward without his wife and son, and Austin without the only father he's ever known... yes, glutton for punishment that i am, i would gladly read more.

at your feet, as always. xox
Anonymous82215 chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
This is a powerful, heart-wrenching story. Thanks for sharing it. I have to say though, I vote for hitting the "complete" button. Not because I didn't love it. (I did.) But because I feel it might be more powerful as it is now. I wonder if adding to it would only dilute it? But if you do choose to continue it, I'm sure it will be great. :)
bouncy 72 chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
O I thought her Baby was Edward, with the green eyes & crazy hair & being a muscian (starting with the piano). & that she settled for Jacob, but that was just an assumption. *Sigh*

I guess I struggle a bit with Edward and Jasper triangles because I really do love them both, so I HATE when one of them is GOING to be hurt :(

Lol, you do love your angsty triangles don't you?

It WAS very sad, but beautifully written, even the song lyrics (lol, I have to admit in most fics if there are song lyrics I read the 1st couple of lines & then jump them...but I read all of these)

You did the female POV well too. In some ways it is nice to get a FPOV because I tend to sympathize with the boys more anyway, so having her POV kinda makes her more real & you feel what she's feeling & thinking & you just connect with her a bit more.

Thank you for the story.
kinney-69 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
You made me cry...well you didn't expect me not to, did you?...:)

So utterly beautiful and yet unbearably sad.

And as much as I want you to continue this, if you don't, it is still perfect as it is. (*gasp* did I really say that?...It doesn't have a HEA...)

But I do need to see where you would take this. Of course I desperately want to see Jasper and Bella together again, and for Jasper to finally be a dad for his son, but then there's Edward, and Bella would break his heart if she left him, taking the "son" that he raised, away from him. if it had been Edward's child it would have been a different thing altogether. It would still have been sad, but this makes it even sadder.

She doesn't love him, she loves Jasper and they have a son together and so they really belong together. But I feel for Edward as well... damn it this is hard.

It was so sad at the end when Bella saw them together in front of the house, and Edward tickled his stomache, making Austin giggle... just like Jasper had imagined doing...*sniff* that made me cry so hard. And then the "hey baby"...

Please please please you have to continue. Everything you write is beautiful but this is def one of the most beautiful stories you've written so far. *hugs*
mauralee88 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Wow. That was beautiful. Exceptionally well written. I can't pick a favorite part or line, the whole thing was just brilliant. Your ability to convey mood and emotion is remarkable.

As much as I love your writing, and would like to know what happens, I think this is a great o/s.
blackagurl chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
wow was i wrong lol greta story!
HopeStreet chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
You write the best Jasper stories! He's always interesting, complicated, deep. I kinda like it ending like this - with longing, regret bu,t surprisingly, a kind of completion of sorts.
FuzzyUnrulyJellyfish chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Beautiful the way it is but I would definately love to read more. I loved it!
Gabby Gator chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Well damn! I had huffed and puffed, not strong enough to blow the house down, thinking you'd better make sure S&S updates would not be delayed because of this new venture. Then I felt drawn into this nameless vortex, intrigued of ghostly looking figures, all heart and soul but none the less, NAMELESS. Life, love and pain is a Godly gift given to us by our Creator. But we had been given the right to chose how to name others and take this liberty to use this given power at will. Have you ever wonder why sometimes parents pick a STUPID, God forsaken name, and give it to the innocent, powerless child, thinking it would give him/her the identity that would most likely define the purpose in their life? The endless power that is being given to them as parents only because, in the heat of the moment one egg had the nerve to fertilize and divide to create more nameless little people. And then BOOM! there you are, naming and claiming the identity of each of your characters and sucking me in with the power of a vortex. Don't you stop now, you hear me, I know you are up to, as always, something good. Stay Inspired!
Tiggerpounce chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
OMG...One of my favorite songs and this was beautiful. I love them. If you have it in you, please continue. Gotta get some kleenex now.
HaletoNorthman chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
This is fantastic, you must continue it! The emotions are captured very well. Well Done!
onnersmom chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
freaking amazing! i was crying and laughing! i was never really big on jxb but that was awesome! *sniffs* but i requested you on twitter... another faithful follower! lol but i hope you have had a wonderful new yr and take care!

sljones73 chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
OMG that was the most beautiful and painfully tragic thing I have ever read. My heart breaks for them! I would love it if you continued it! Seriously I am just blown away. Your writing is amazing, it really drew me in from the had me in tears throughout! Please please continue...
63 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »