Reviews for Vengeance Will Be Mine
This story is fantastic! I love the premise, and you write the characters so well :) I also like Cri-Kee's new potential job–he deserves it! Grandma is also fantastic, because she can be both funny and serious. Thank you for sharing this story, and God bless!
Levy chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Thought I'd let you know that I started rereading this Masterpiece *heart*
Guest chapter 4 . 8/24/2013
mulan's grandma reminds me so much of my grandma since my grandma is spunky
BOOMSHAKALAKA chapter 9 . 6/25/2013
WEI YOU ARE PART OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE AND A TRAITOR.
Okay. Yeah. Sorry I couldn't resist...
Moriko no Hikari chapter 2 . 6/23/2013
Actually, there's an answer to what happened with the Stone Dragon. If you look closely during the scene where Mulan runs to him(I believe during a storm scene?), his eyes glow for a moment. The implication is that he's given his strength over to her.
May Eve chapter 9 . 9/28/2012
xD I love this. Though, after that bit about the Great Dragon early on, I kept waiting for Mushu to suddenly transform and actually be the Great Dragon in disguise.
Shadowolf chapter 9 . 5/2/2011
I liek how Crik-Kee ended up as an immortal gong ringer. And he does have the luck for it. That shrine would be crowded now, wouldn't it.
Minirowan chapter 9 . 4/23/2011
You're very good with short stories; this was admittedly one of the best, if not the best, Mulan fanfic I've ever read. I don't know why but there's a serious lack of quality Mulan fics on this site, maybe I haven't searched hard enough. In any case I would suggest a sequel considering Wei is still up and about. That psycho kitty bears no good news for Mushu and the others. Plus I would really like to see Mulan and Shang start a family, I have a feeling you'd portray their family in a unique way rather than the standard perfect family most fics do. Still, if you write a sequel I hope it won't be about Wei getting his revenge on Mulan's kid. It sounds like such a typical plot and I honestly don't want to hear about her son/daughter. I don't have anything against your capacity of making OCs but I want to hear about the present characters rather than other fictional ones I know nothing about.

Anyway, I do love this story. Mushu was particularly OC but he was in vengeance mode so that can be excused. I love how Shang reacted Cri-Kee's writing skills; makes me wonder how he took knowing Kahn can "talk" considering the directions he got from the horse. Heng was also a pretty good villain; he was typical but special in his own pigheaded way.

Again, great job!
DreamFeathers chapter 4 . 8/7/2010
heh, yeah, when i grow old, i wanna be just as cool grandma (or great aunt) as her...
DreamFeathers chapter 3 . 8/7/2010
Hah! Thought as much. It WAS a guardian, or ex guardian playing a pupet master from shadows. Ohh, i just hope that mushu keeps what's left of his half of a brain cell with him and actually thinks through before jumping in...
DreamFeathers chapter 2 . 8/6/2010
Ohh, nice curve ball there. I hope that the little red lizard has enough of brains to realise that he can't just extract revenge in the shoother itself by stomping him through a paper shredder. He needs to change a whole armys/troops minds.

VERY nice philosophical and psychological cut through asian culture history, by the way.
DreamFeathers chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
*nods* i can recognize your writing style anywhere :D Firm, throughly thought, addictive and spellbinding.

hmm, while i was reading, it also made me ponder at least few angles. what will the ancestors do, would they send one or two guardians for mushu's assistance on his revenge voyager? will mushu go and face the ancestors at all (since granny informed them anyway) or will he just sneak out? theorethically, since the shot was (likely) an assassination or act of revenge, in case of blood revenge could the assassin's family's guardian had had something to do with it that mushu didn't notice the sneaker in the family's grounds?

and in another topic, i love how you captured the characters and the whole atmosphere of movie. i could practically see the art style and colors in my mind! Heh, especially in the end when Mushu gets his determination, i could practically hear the "silently like a moon" from the first movie.
Lit Lady chapter 9 . 3/26/2010
that was a very good fan fiction. I loved the stern talking to that Grandma gave to the ancestors, Mulan is my favorite Disney . I love how when there is something wrong she DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I also found her character great in that she doubts herself, she is not proud. And man, she has some great "ideas". Go Mulan. good job with your fanfiction.
levy120 chapter 9 . 3/19/2010
Oh Heng, so that’s where you went

For a second I wondered who that second guy was, though I should have actually known that.

"How did you go through training with this dragon on your back?" her husband asked, shifting his shoulders.

xD

“Without a word, the exhausted dragon was passed over to her and she wrapped him around her neck. The guardian didn't even stir in his sleep.“

Mental Image, MENTAL IMAGE

*sque*

“And no matter how many rules he obeyed, it would not help him. So what was the point of continuing to do so?”

Oh… I know what you meant now by talking about a sequel. I like his way of thinking *g*

"And I know why this is so," explained the grandparent. "You gave her a guardian. Don't bother denying it,"

Oh, the faces they must make xD

“but ask my husband if you do not feel I can make your existence miserable."

“And don't send me nightmares to tell me Mulan has gone to join the army. It's annoying.“

Priceless xD

“Both glanced at the two living beings as they entered.“

My guess… why out of all ancestors – the big boss and good old Deng %D

The Li Ancestor huh? The Great one on top.

By bringing in only one tiny tombstone I would have assumed it would be Shang’s Dad, since he’s the closest one. I think a lot of people do – but this makes sense as well. But the whole family in only one tombstone? Wow xD

“since we're still trying to figure out what to do with twenty-four guardians.”

This sounds oh so familiar xD

“He knew this would work.”

It did before x3

"Mulan and Shang need to hurry up and start a family. I want some grandkids already."

SO HE CAN DO SOME BABYSITTING YESPLZ
levy120 chapter 8 . 3/19/2010
Huh?

But they got away D8

Well first impression wise this is built rather well, strengthening the tension towards the finale and all and then… it seemed to be a rather anti-climatic to be true, but there is still one more chapter to go, so let’s see where this is heading

“He would have fit in well with Shan Yu's troops.“

Makes you wonder where they WERE when they were actually needed.

“and he could tear through wood with his teeth (even though that wasn't what he'd been trying to do at the time…).“

%D

Nice working with that damn cliffhanger for this group. You can’t leave your hands off of them, can you? ;P Luckily, this time I won’t have to wait all that long

As for the Mushu group

I love the way you have them bickering around x3

Every time I stumble upon scenes like this in fanfics I can’t help but wonder about what the poor ignored villains might think about that xD

“Or maybe you'll take the more honorable choice and spend eternity as a lifeless statue until some innocent gong-ringer discovers you aren't alive and accidentally breaks you.“

ILU

"We only sought to preserve the old ways from corruption because of her. She is the cause of this change and must be stopped."

Wei is SUCH a stick in the mood – even in his way of speaking. I love that xD

Like some sort of irritated politician who’s been cornered with his argument x3

“According to Cri-Kee, he could be extremely annoying. Lacking any other abilities that he could use from his pinned position, Mushu decided to completely tick off the insane tiger.“

[…]

"Dishonor, Wei. Dishonor on the whole Du family. Pay attention to this. Dishonor on you. Dishonor on your charge. Dishonor to your loser's ancestors…"

You win the internet!

And Cri-kee to the rescue! Yet another rather under appreciated character. I’ll admit I rarely really work with him as well, and he deserves some more attention…

Stamp of approval for giving that little guy a heroic moment )

I especially loved this little piece here:

“Mulan wanted her friend to believe he'd make it out alive.”

This sentence is so short and simple and yet it carries such a weight upon it… It makes you stop reading for a while, just to think about it. Good job there.

“but that only Kahn could hurt Mushu.”

Indeed xD

“Cri-Kee leapt to Mulan's shoulder as they watched the new arrivals.“

My guess would be the Gang of Three Makes up for a healthy character balance xD

On to the next part now