Reviews for In all Fairness
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
excellent. Precise take on the awful no-win trap they faced. Thanks for writing it.
Deceptively Sane chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
This was great. I love the way you can see things from both of their perspectives so well. There wasn't any overlap in their thinking, and they both reached completely different conclusions that both made sense. I also liked the angst. This was quite angsty. The end was sweet too.
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Another sad, but well-written one!
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
You were right. This one was angsty. But surprisingly, not as angsty as I had anticipated when I saw it would be post HRRH.

I liked your inclusion of Jane's thoughts where his irrisitible pull towards the RJ case is concerned. It's nice that he thought he wasn't exactly leaving Lisbon 'alone' when he went to Bosco's office to look through the files and then felt badly about it afterwards, when he'd found out she'd already left.

He really can be such a bastard sometimes. Ugh.

This made me sad. And then I reached the ending. And I loved that so much, it somehow erased all of my bitterness. How Jane was willing himself to get up and leave, because it would be better for her, but especially when you described how she slipped her hand into his, unexpectedly. It struck the right chord for me, so maybe there's hope for them yet.

(I reserve the right to alter my opinion on this when Jane makes his next stupid move. Which I'm expecting will be soon)
phoenixmagic1 chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
I could feel the palpable tension as I was reading this. Emotions are running high needless to say! I liked the inner conflict Jane had with himself at the end, really nicely done :)
Avide chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
This is a great companion piece.
music-and-fairytales chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I love it. I think you did an absolutely amazing job. Every single line of dialogue, every single action, every surge of emotion you wrote for those two was perfect. I absolutely loved this. All the stories in this series are amazing and I love them. I'm hoping you'll write another? I'm addicted. You're an amazing writer, so don't doubt yourself. x
Carrie O'Neal chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
very well done, I love all the emotions - the rage, the anger, the guilt. also I adore every RJ-story, so thank you for this amazing piece!
martini crazy chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
so sad, but so well written..and still interesting how you made them react ;) great job
Famous4it chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Lovely story, my favourite one of the series.
kat chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
I think you did a good job with the angst in the story. It wasn't over the top, but you could "feel" it. I liked that you share both of their viewpoints, taking the guess work out and filling out the story.

Thank You!
erica83ca chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
I appreciate how hard this was to write - it's sometimes harder to develop angstier emotions. And you wrote it from both perspectives. Wonderful work - it just pulled at my heart-strings...

I love how this sentence is all bout what she didn't say:

“Didn’t want the team,”

And this just nails it:

"But forgive me if just this once I can’t make this about you. I lost someone close to me today. Forgive me Jane if for the next 24 hours your needs aren’t my top priority.”
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
I love you. Really. I do. Because this took everything we've talked about and everything we wanted from Jane and Lisbon after HRRH and made it absolutely AWESOME!

I really like that you had Lisbon castigate herself for letting Jane get away with his asshattery in the hospital. Because she had to go back and think later, "why'd I let him do that?" right? Well, in your case she did, and I thought it worked very well for setting up her frame of mind before Jane shows up.

Jane's guilt but his realization that he sucks at comfort is nice too. That he's going to get her hurt or killed, and that RJ could target Team Lisbon next...all perfection.

"Good ol' solid Cho" - Bless him. I really think Lisbon would lose her mind if something happened to him. He's her last touchstone.

I really loved everything that came out between them in the end, even though the level of angst I know is hard to keep going. But you had an excellent balance between redemption and the accusations that needed to be voiced. They need each other, but he is toxic, and Lisbon shouldn't have to always shoulder the burden of making Jane redeemable. But I guess, she's the only one who can.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the ending. Poignant, touching, and totally appropriate for the tone of the story. Awesome job, m'dear!
steffal chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
I really liked it and I can imagine that it was hard to write.

You had a lot of insight into the characters in here and in my opinion you had them right on.

I also liked that you didn't break them up in the end. Especially Jane's reluctance to leave and his relief after Lisbon's gesture were well done.
Mabeline36 chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Great fiction, only complaint is use of the word anyways when it should be anyway!