Reviews for The Colder Water
Novocain chapter 5 . 2/3
Fuc*. Fuc- fuc# fuc/. This is entrenching, a car crash in action. I don't want to read the last chapter - it's either the end, or it's discontinued. I couldn't stand it being discontinued. I'm far too invested. Excellent work.

I've forgotten my password, so I haven't logged in, but if you feel like opening a dialogue, this is my actual handle on this site. I've read most of your works over the years, but I somehow missed this one until now. Tragic :)
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 6 . 10/2/2014
Kind of can't handle the feels. This is why I have a love-hate relationship with canon compliant fics.
swallowinthetwilight chapter 6 . 12/18/2013
...If that conversation at the end means what I think it means, then that was really heartbreaking. I'm assuming that the favor Itachi will be calling in will be Shisui's death, and that Itachi was promising to follow Shisui into the afterlife (as if knowing he too would have a premature death; not that that's so uncommon for shinobi generally) and asked him to wait for him there. This was very engrossing and I loved your take on Shisui (character-wise and plot-wise), and the ItaShi in this was cute, if slightly melancholy because you know what's coming. And Madara was terrifying (Danzo just made me seethe, although he is admittedly very, very good at what he does; still for the life of me will never understand why Sarutobi ever tolerated him...for a Hokage supposed to protect ALL his people he certainly had a problem with favoritism and clouded judgment regarding his personal connections *cough*Orochimaru*cough*). I suppose though that this is the only way an ItaShi romance can play out though-tragic, yet extremely touching because of the rare strength of their bond. Ugh. This was a really lovely if sometimes gut-wrenching story, and I appreciated see things through Shisui's out-of-the-loop POV. Thanks for writing.
Riya3 chapter 6 . 12/7/2013
Powerful.

It was't vague at all, I really like that you let us figure these things out by ourselves instead of telling us.

Your ItaShi is gen in the best way possible, with underlying hints of romance. You don't skip over the obvious cousincest problems, but you make them seem even more appealing because of that, in some weird way. I love it to pieces.

Rocks? What are these rocks you speak of? I have none to throw. Except, maybe you could forgo the poem/lyrics. 'Let them take their best shot' is a great way to end this by itself.

You manage to take cliche and make it not-cliche and, well, powerful, mainly because of the words you use. In my head, this has become inextricably linked with canon. Since I've already professed my undying love for your words in the pm I sent, I'll refrain from doing that here. Instead, I'll just say that you're my favourite author on this site. (Please reply, I have so many questions! Not about the fic, but about your writing in general.)
Riya3 chapter 5 . 12/7/2013
OK, slight criticism, you're being a little harsh to Fugaku. Only slightly, though, and it's true that he does warm up later in the fic so feel free to disregard my nitpickingly hopeless attempts to be a useful critic.
Riya3 chapter 4 . 12/7/2013
Have I mentioned yet that your summaries are amazing?

"Tadahairo, Father of the King."

You probably have no idea how powerful your words are.
Riya3 chapter 3 . 12/7/2013
One kiss and I'm shipping them like crazy. You are doing something very, very right.
(Don't be embarrassed to reply to reviews, hearing from you would be awesome.)
Riya3 chapter 2 . 12/7/2013
I CARE, DAMMIT. It's horrible that I only discovered you after you stopped posting here, but if I'm making you happy that would be great.
Riya3 chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
I'm reviewing after reading the entire thing, because while reading I was too engrossed to tear my eyes away long enough to too in the review box.
I love your gallows-humor. It just makes my day. The way you use words is just amazing.
Apathetic Manipulator chapter 6 . 6/25/2013
Absolutely loved it, and I'm looking forward to reading your other works.
Momo chapter 4 . 5/28/2013
So uh...I just wanted to say that because of this chapter, I may sorta, a little bit, maybe ship Shisui and Sakura and THAT'S TOTALLY NORMAL RIGHT?!
UchihaNaruTeme4 chapter 6 . 3/16/2013
I am amazed with your unique writing style. This was very powerful and it had me enthralled int he story from beginning to end. This also made me a fan of this pairing. There were many questions that were never answered and it is sort of an open ending, but it worked very well. and yes, I recognized it as Madara but I'm glad you clarified though. This was mind blowing.
Fellfire chapter 6 . 8/22/2012
Well..
Wow..Just WOW.. *wide grin* that was one heck of a fic, man! Totally amazing! *thumbs up*
Manita chapter 6 . 5/31/2012
"Will you follow me?" "Will you wait for me?" ::sniff:: Lovely story. I think I'm gonna opt for the tomatoes by moonlight future AU, but only if both Naruto and Sasuke have to wear elves' hats. Thanks for writing and sharing.
EuterpeDream chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
First chapter in and I'm hooked. You write beautifully :)