Reviews for The Colder Water
Andy is quite dandy chapter 6 . 11/15
So where do I start... Well first thing is that I have two types of questions about this story, one is the questions left up for the reader's interpretation and the other is the parts of the story I didn't understand. But really there's too many of them and this story's too old to ask. But, why was Itachi laughing when Shisui asked if he will follow him? And I was hoping that this story would end at Shisui's death, cuz honestly I very vaguely remember watching Shisui's death and the stuff in the last chapter don't quite tie in with the little that I know. Like what was the promise Itachi was talking about and what was the "Will you wait for me?" part? Did Itachi know that Shisui was going to die? But anyway. This is a great story, it was really complicating though and so confusing. It really made me love Shisui x Itachi, this was the first story of the pairing that I read and it really hooked me in! I wish there are more stories of Shisui x Itachi - but with happy endings! I'm really starting to love the pair. My favourite part of the whole story though is probably how deep their relationship is, it's not glaringly obvious to others, as Shisui said if Itachi died no one would tell him - hell, even Sasuke didn't know they were close. But it's something that only the two of them know and that makes it sweeter. And the way Shisui is portrayed is hilarious, I love the character - it just clashes too well with Itachi. It's just perfect how he handles his conversations with Itachi. They got so close right before Shisui's death, it's kind of sad :( And secretive Itachi is so confusing, the reader truly sympathizes with Shisui. Honestly there's a lot I want to say about the story but that would be far too long and most writers don't like reading long reviews. So to sum it up, I love this story, I love ItaShi, and thanks for writing it!
amr56 chapter 6 . 8/18
This is a beautiful piece of work. The relationship between Shisui and Itachi is rich, complex, and satisfying to read. I like your take on the events that occurred in canon. Side note: Danzo is the worst. The ending is a bit heartbreaking, but with a certain element of hope. All the characters you create here are so well-developed and their interactions are realistic and entertaining. Many parts of this story had me laughing out loud. You are a talented author; this story is a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing this.
kapitanlevi chapter 6 . 7/21
frik that was beautiful

i love your fics ok i love how you didnt have a tragic death scene because ye i get that this is canon and all but i dont need more tears and im seriously thankful for that
MeluT chapter 6 . 6/25
TToTT I can't even anymore... That's it, headcanon 100 percent accepted. Flawless storytelling and all that water there - perfect. Shisui has, until now, been such a side character to me, and I'm usually terribly disappointed by the way he is portrayed in such a simplistic two-dimensional manner. What you've done here has made sinking into Shisui's world so frighteningly easy. I read almost everything at one shot because of how breathtakingly immersive the narrative is.
Novocain chapter 5 . 2/3
Fuc*. Fuc- fuc# fuc/. This is entrenching, a car crash in action. I don't want to read the last chapter - it's either the end, or it's discontinued. I couldn't stand it being discontinued. I'm far too invested. Excellent work.

I've forgotten my password, so I haven't logged in, but if you feel like opening a dialogue, this is my actual handle on this site. I've read most of your works over the years, but I somehow missed this one until now. Tragic :)
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 6 . 10/2/2014
Kind of can't handle the feels. This is why I have a love-hate relationship with canon compliant fics.
swallowinthetwilight chapter 6 . 12/18/2013
...If that conversation at the end means what I think it means, then that was really heartbreaking. I'm assuming that the favor Itachi will be calling in will be Shisui's death, and that Itachi was promising to follow Shisui into the afterlife (as if knowing he too would have a premature death; not that that's so uncommon for shinobi generally) and asked him to wait for him there. This was very engrossing and I loved your take on Shisui (character-wise and plot-wise), and the ItaShi in this was cute, if slightly melancholy because you know what's coming. And Madara was terrifying (Danzo just made me seethe, although he is admittedly very, very good at what he does; still for the life of me will never understand why Sarutobi ever tolerated him...for a Hokage supposed to protect ALL his people he certainly had a problem with favoritism and clouded judgment regarding his personal connections *cough*Orochimaru*cough*). I suppose though that this is the only way an ItaShi romance can play out though-tragic, yet extremely touching because of the rare strength of their bond. Ugh. This was a really lovely if sometimes gut-wrenching story, and I appreciated see things through Shisui's out-of-the-loop POV. Thanks for writing.
Riya3 chapter 6 . 12/7/2013

It was't vague at all, I really like that you let us figure these things out by ourselves instead of telling us.

Your ItaShi is gen in the best way possible, with underlying hints of romance. You don't skip over the obvious cousincest problems, but you make them seem even more appealing because of that, in some weird way. I love it to pieces.

Rocks? What are these rocks you speak of? I have none to throw. Except, maybe you could forgo the poem/lyrics. 'Let them take their best shot' is a great way to end this by itself.

You manage to take cliche and make it not-cliche and, well, powerful, mainly because of the words you use. In my head, this has become inextricably linked with canon. Since I've already professed my undying love for your words in the pm I sent, I'll refrain from doing that here. Instead, I'll just say that you're my favourite author on this site. (Please reply, I have so many questions! Not about the fic, but about your writing in general.)
Riya3 chapter 5 . 12/7/2013
OK, slight criticism, you're being a little harsh to Fugaku. Only slightly, though, and it's true that he does warm up later in the fic so feel free to disregard my nitpickingly hopeless attempts to be a useful critic.
Riya3 chapter 4 . 12/7/2013
Have I mentioned yet that your summaries are amazing?

"Tadahairo, Father of the King."

You probably have no idea how powerful your words are.
Riya3 chapter 3 . 12/7/2013
One kiss and I'm shipping them like crazy. You are doing something very, very right.
(Don't be embarrassed to reply to reviews, hearing from you would be awesome.)
Riya3 chapter 2 . 12/7/2013
I CARE, DAMMIT. It's horrible that I only discovered you after you stopped posting here, but if I'm making you happy that would be great.
Riya3 chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
I'm reviewing after reading the entire thing, because while reading I was too engrossed to tear my eyes away long enough to too in the review box.
I love your gallows-humor. It just makes my day. The way you use words is just amazing.
Apathetic Manipulator chapter 6 . 6/25/2013
Absolutely loved it, and I'm looking forward to reading your other works.
Momo chapter 4 . 5/28/2013
So uh...I just wanted to say that because of this chapter, I may sorta, a little bit, maybe ship Shisui and Sakura and THAT'S TOTALLY NORMAL RIGHT?!