Reviews for The Colder Water
I dig the plot and characterization of everyone in this story, so good job on that!
But the thing is, the execution of the story is overly complicated and certain descriptions just drag on and on with the purpose of making the story have more 'depth' but they turn out to be unnecessary and just make the readers confused over things that aren't important to the plot. Sadly I see a lot of writers do this, using long and difficult descriptive passages to make the story look complex and all. You can simplify the descriptions without sacrificing quality, you know, as all great writers do :)
Anyway, hope you take this as a constructive criticism and not a flame, because I do like this story!
SeiShisui chapter 6 . 3/21
Wow... just wow... Beautiful, awesome and sad. T_T
Thank for writing this.
bluejanes chapter 6 . 10/14/2016
wtf? this is literally the most amazing shisui centric fic i've ever read in my life and probably will be the best i will ever read and like? my heart is broken

this is such a masterpiece
Cassiopeiia chapter 1 . 10/14/2016
I have to say I am quite frustrated with myself for stumbling across this six years too late.

Your writing is lovely! The sentences are elegant, the descriptions refined, and this is also one of the most realistic portrayals of Shisui I have encountered thus far.

Great job on the amazing story! I devoured all of it at work (yes I got nothing done today) so props to you for distracting me so thoroughly! As unlikely as it is, I really hope you can continue posting more fics. :)
Parizaad chapter 2 . 9/12/2016
I think your writing is absolutely lovely. You cause something, that in my language is known as گویا ( goya ) which refers to a state in which a reader is sinks so deep in the story that he or she forgets his or her surroundings. That's how I feel when I read your fanfics.

Your command on English is of the likeliness I've never quite seen before. It's so natural and in-born in your writing and just feels so nice to read.

I love, love, love how in character Shisui and Itachi are. The little tidbits you add to canon events seem to weave in the story perfectly. Let's just cut to the point, I LOVE THIS. I'm just going to go ahead and read every single one of your fics and dot over them. Also, this is a favorite ItaShi fic. Thank you for writing this.
Blueberry and Blacktooth chapter 6 . 9/10/2016
Ah, I'm disappointed that I discovered this story six years too late, but at least I discovered it at all haha.

Its unfortunate that this fic has received such little publicity, considering how excellent it is, I really enjoyed every aspect of it, your take on rhe ain characters, on the whole Uchiha conflict with the village and especially just how well you were able to balance out the lightheartedness with the overall grimness of the story.

Thanks for writing this,

Much love,

Blue :)
AsianObsession chapter 6 . 5/23/2016
An enchanting read. Shisui and Itachi's relationship was deep, multi-faceted, and complicated, but it was real.
de junco chapter 6 . 12/10/2015
This was really interesting to read. Some parts were confusing, but I'm not sure if that's because they were too vague, or because I'm probably part of the lowest common denominator and can't understand plots more complex than a Scooby Doo episode.

I really liked this interpretation of Shisui, that he's really just a 'take no shit' kind of guy, and it was sort of heart-rending to see how dependent he is on Itachi, that he really only has one person he truly cares about and needs to keep by his side. I thought maybe he was exaggerating a bit, that he cared a bit for Sasuke, but geez, he really didn't mince words when Sasuke came to him for help, did he? I mean, it could be construed as trying to toughen up the kid, but chrissake Shisui, pretty harsh way to go about it...

I know this is supposed to be canon compliant, but I half-expected Madara to steal Shisui's eyes right there. Like, he'd find a use for them somehow? I dunno, it seemed like a prime opportunity to steal a really powerful Sharingan ability. But personally, I'm totally up for imagining that both Itachi and Shisui live on and go on to farm tomatoes. Fine by me. All in all, this was really beautiful, and whenever the plot became too muddled for me to grasp, I just enjoyed the character interactions. Well done.
Andy is quite dandy chapter 6 . 11/15/2015
So where do I start... Well first thing is that I have two types of questions about this story, one is the questions left up for the reader's interpretation and the other is the parts of the story I didn't understand. But really there's too many of them and this story's too old to ask. But, why was Itachi laughing when Shisui asked if he will follow him? And I was hoping that this story would end at Shisui's death, cuz honestly I very vaguely remember watching Shisui's death and the stuff in the last chapter don't quite tie in with the little that I know. Like what was the promise Itachi was talking about and what was the "Will you wait for me?" part? Did Itachi know that Shisui was going to die? But anyway. This is a great story, it was really complicating though and so confusing. It really made me love Shisui x Itachi, this was the first story of the pairing that I read and it really hooked me in! I wish there are more stories of Shisui x Itachi - but with happy endings! I'm really starting to love the pair. My favourite part of the whole story though is probably how deep their relationship is, it's not glaringly obvious to others, as Shisui said if Itachi died no one would tell him - hell, even Sasuke didn't know they were close. But it's something that only the two of them know and that makes it sweeter. And the way Shisui is portrayed is hilarious, I love the character - it just clashes too well with Itachi. It's just perfect how he handles his conversations with Itachi. They got so close right before Shisui's death, it's kind of sad :( And secretive Itachi is so confusing, the reader truly sympathizes with Shisui. Honestly there's a lot I want to say about the story but that would be far too long and most writers don't like reading long reviews. So to sum it up, I love this story, I love ItaShi, and thanks for writing it!
amr56 chapter 6 . 8/18/2015
This is a beautiful piece of work. The relationship between Shisui and Itachi is rich, complex, and satisfying to read. I like your take on the events that occurred in canon. Side note: Danzo is the worst. The ending is a bit heartbreaking, but with a certain element of hope. All the characters you create here are so well-developed and their interactions are realistic and entertaining. Many parts of this story had me laughing out loud. You are a talented author; this story is a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing this.
kapitanlevi chapter 6 . 7/21/2015
frik that was beautiful

i love your fics ok i love how you didnt have a tragic death scene because ye i get that this is canon and all but i dont need more tears and im seriously thankful for that
MeluT chapter 6 . 6/25/2015
TToTT I can't even anymore... That's it, headcanon 100 percent accepted. Flawless storytelling and all that water there - perfect. Shisui has, until now, been such a side character to me, and I'm usually terribly disappointed by the way he is portrayed in such a simplistic two-dimensional manner. What you've done here has made sinking into Shisui's world so frighteningly easy. I read almost everything at one shot because of how breathtakingly immersive the narrative is.
Novocain chapter 5 . 2/3/2015
Fuc*. Fuc- fuc# fuc/. This is entrenching, a car crash in action. I don't want to read the last chapter - it's either the end, or it's discontinued. I couldn't stand it being discontinued. I'm far too invested. Excellent work.

I've forgotten my password, so I haven't logged in, but if you feel like opening a dialogue, this is my actual handle on this site. I've read most of your works over the years, but I somehow missed this one until now. Tragic :)
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 6 . 10/2/2014
Kind of can't handle the feels. This is why I have a love-hate relationship with canon compliant fics.
swallowinthetwilight chapter 6 . 12/18/2013
...If that conversation at the end means what I think it means, then that was really heartbreaking. I'm assuming that the favor Itachi will be calling in will be Shisui's death, and that Itachi was promising to follow Shisui into the afterlife (as if knowing he too would have a premature death; not that that's so uncommon for shinobi generally) and asked him to wait for him there. This was very engrossing and I loved your take on Shisui (character-wise and plot-wise), and the ItaShi in this was cute, if slightly melancholy because you know what's coming. And Madara was terrifying (Danzo just made me seethe, although he is admittedly very, very good at what he does; still for the life of me will never understand why Sarutobi ever tolerated him...for a Hokage supposed to protect ALL his people he certainly had a problem with favoritism and clouded judgment regarding his personal connections *cough*Orochimaru*cough*). I suppose though that this is the only way an ItaShi romance can play out though-tragic, yet extremely touching because of the rare strength of their bond. Ugh. This was a really lovely if sometimes gut-wrenching story, and I appreciated see things through Shisui's out-of-the-loop POV. Thanks for writing.