Reviews for The Hero of Ferelden
Termin8r chapter 11 . 10/8/2017
Once again, I really love the details of this chapter and seeing some of Aedan's inner turmoil. In the game, The Warden was usually built up as an unstoppable ideal hero. While that was just fine, I enjoy this take on him, giving him a more tormented side and showing how he really feels behind it all. If you ever came back to writing Fanfictions, I would definitely love to see a chapter where Aedan gets his revenge on Howe before surrendering himself and Alistair to Fort Drakon.
Speaking of which, that's another thing I'd love to see: Aedan lost in self-hate and Alistair having to beat some sense back into him. That sort of thing is always welcomed between best friends.
Termin8r chapter 19 . 10/8/2017
Everything Great about This Chapter in many, MANY bullet points.

- Man... just when I thought the last chapter was a tear jerker. Here we have Aedan still torn up about telling Leliana the painful truth and probably lost in self-loathing right now. It gets you right *there*.
- Gotta love Fergus. What an awesome older brother. He's been married and understands a lot of the struggles. I just love seeing Fergus and Aedan together and seeing Fergus give Aedan some big-brother advice.
- I can't... I can't! Aedan waking up to see Leliana had been watching him sleep like she usually does? Is that a call-back to the game play? I bet it is!
- Just... wow. What a perfect scene. Aedan sleeps next to Leliana, afraid of what will happen, and wakes up to see that she's still in the bed and had been watching him the entire time. Plus there's cuddling, forgiveness and reconciliation. And what reconciliation! Leliana doesn't want Aedan to apologize to her. She wants him to forgive himself because she understands how much torment he'd gone through keeping that one secret. That alone speaks volumes of how much she truly loves him. It's. Just. Perfect.
- This wedding scene is quite possibly one of the most heart-warming moments in the entire story. Of course Aedan is anxious and has both Fergus AND Alistair to back him up. Fergus and Alistair are ALWAYS a win. (side-note. I really wish there was some exchange of vows or more details regarding the actual ceremony. I wanted to hear Aedan and Leliana make their vows to one another while the companions watch all teary-eyed. Alistair being Aedan's best man. Wynne being the maid of honor. Oghren getting teary eyed with Zevran patting his back. I just get this bright, vibrant picture in my mind that I so desperately wish to express. It's just... PRECIOUS.)
- Alistair and Aedan's bromance is always a win. Through thick and thin, those two are just the pinnacle of bromance. They're the Male Shepard and Garrus of Dragon Age.
- Last one. Love how Leliana is still the one who keeps Aedan in check, gently giving him advice. Leliana is just... amazing. Aedan couldn't be happier.

I. Love. This pairing. While I usually tend to favor OC/Canon couples in fanfictions, if someone had to ask what my favorite couple in fanfiction would be, it's Aedan and Leliana. It's like watching a Game Of Thrones couple with none of the gloom and doom or drama. Even if there is drama, there's always this bright light at the end of the tunnel. Both of them contribute to each other's growth and help fill the voids that have been left in their lives. Honestly, it feels like the two of them are cut from the same cloth sometimes. I just picture a side by side of both. Leliana crying in her cell, Aedan tearfully watching his home burn to the ground. Theses two are just perfection.
Termin8r chapter 10 . 5/13/2017
Really like the History you have Aedan and Delilah. Even if Leliana is the ultimate love of his life, he had known other women in the past. And I can relate to coming across an old flame. It can be really awkward and sometimes heartbreaking. Hell... I even get this feeling that Aedan and Delilah were somewhat engaged before he joined the Grey Wardens, which sort of means that he just disappeared from her life. If that was the case, he'd have a lot of reason to feel guilty.

I would actually e very interested to see a fanfic of Aedan's childhood. Him and Fergus, adopting his mabari hound, even his flame with Delilah. It would be awesome!

Anyways, I really love this one and I'm excited to read more
Termin8r chapter 5 . 2/19/2017
I'm really glad you kept Aedan and Alistair as friends.

In the latest Dragon Age Game, Alistair apparently cuts ties with the Grey Warden should he/she accept the dark ritual, saying they "walk a dark path" and I'm like, "Well f*ck you, too!"
Seriously, Aedan and Alistair's bromance is the best. Almost as great as Aedan and Leliana's romance.
The Shadows Will chapter 33 . 4/20/2011
well done. i thoroughly enjoyed this work. i cant wait to start on your other stories.
JordanMathias chapter 33 . 2/11/2011
A perfect story! Wonderfully written and well done! :D
RandomWittering chapter 33 . 12/19/2010
I really enjoyed this story, I thought you captured the characters nicely and they were believable. I am working my way through the list you put on your profile (which was a great idea!) so am looking forward to reading the rest.

Really nice work, thanks!
Jedi Padme chapter 33 . 8/4/2010
What can I say? I loved this, right amount of action, mush, you got the charater's perfect. I just love your Adean, makes me want to start DA again with a Male Coulsand just to romance Leliana. SHe was always one of my favorite compainions. I'm looking forward to more stories from you.
Michele O'S chapter 33 . 6/13/2010
This story was really good. Between the familiar characters and the new ones you created. I felt like a whole new journey. Each character was so well developed,

Jean through me for a loop! I really was not expecting him to be a part of any betrayal. Nicely done on your part.

Now for some other thoughts. What I liked most about this adventure was how many variables were intertwined. Between love, betrayal, doubt, angst, pain, friendship, and revelations. This tale had it all. I was able to feel each bit as I dug deeper into the story.

Morrigan. Although I am a female. I have played both male and female characters in DAO. I am one of those that just has to know all possible plots. I have always felt Morrigan to be complex and confusing. I've never hated her, nor have I really had a great love for the character. What I do have is profound respect for how well she was created. Her tale can branch in so many direction. The possibilities seem endless. I truly was in aw of your spin to her many possible facets.

Thank you for sharing your talent and creativity. I am on to the next story!

Michele O'S chapter 31 . 6/13/2010
This story has been very good. I am enjoying it quite a bit.

I am however curious about something. Did I miss a moment where Alistair sent Aedan's amulet back? Alistair had Aedan's Amulet to track Leliana. So how can they now track Aedan if Alistair has his Amulet?
Wyl chapter 33 . 5/4/2010
I've been working my way through your stuff in the order you have suggested in your profile (I'll go back and review the others as well). I really enjoyed this story. The Dragon Age section is dominated by stories with female heroes, so it's nice to find a well-written one with a male hero. I like your characterizations, Aeden in particular was well done as the flawed emotionally sensitive hero who needs his companions as much as they need him. You did a great job of making Zevran likeable for me, which is a feat since I really didn't care for him in the game. The Aeden/Alistair relationship was very believable, and it was good to see you hit on both the highs and lows that friends go through together. I thought you were going to be another Morrigan hater, but the way you wrapped up that arc was nice. You brought closure to it without making it seem out of character or cheesy.

Strangely enough, for as much time in the forefront she has in the story, Leliana felt kind of underdeveloped/2D in this story to me. I suspect you left a lot unsaid though on the assumption that readers would know this is a continuation of your earlier stories in the series and would have read them. But for example, from the time of her kidnapping through her waking up after Alistair and Zevran rescue her, there isn't anything about the whole situation from her POV. That you find out then she thought Aeden was dead the whole time made me wish you'd have written about her experience/thoughts/feelings throughout the journey to Orlais and whether she even cared at the point the warden mage was performing blood magic on her.

I had one problem with what I saw as a plot hole in the story. Somewhere along the way the templar necklaces given to Aeden and Leliana by Alistair stopped functioning in the way you initially described, where one could see the other through the connection afforded by the necklaces. In the latter part of the story though, Leliana is apparently able to sense Aeden even though Alistair has his necklace and is with Leliana. If you explained how that was supposed to work, I missed it. I don't think it was a big enough issue to reduce my overall enjoyment of the story, but it's a problem nonetheless.

Good work though, and I'm looking forward to reading the other stories you've written that I haven't gotten to yet :-)
Levi Matthews chapter 33 . 4/21/2010
First off, I just wanted to say how much I loved this story. Your characters are fantastic, you make them so real and believable. Loved the direction you took with Morrigan's ritual, I had always thought that needed a bit more filler.

Now onto the real deal. I had been debating writing a DA story for the longest time, but I never really had the want to do so. However, after reading your story I have been inspired to write one of my own; one focusing on a male Mahariel. I only hope that my characters come together as well as the ones in your story did. (BTW, fantastic job with your OC's)

Great story, thank you for posting and the inspiration. Oh, and consider yourself and your story favored.

Levi Matthews
todd360 chapter 33 . 3/8/2010
Great end to the story! Was a nice little epilogue at the end. I'm surprised there hasn't been more reviews for your story as it's one of the best Dragon Age fanfics I've read. Hats off to you and looking forward to more after Awakening!
Sisimka chapter 7 . 3/2/2010
I thought I'd caught them all - fixed. Thanks!
shadowchild423 chapter 7 . 3/2/2010
Just for your info in case you do another DAO fic, it is spelled 'Orlais.' Not a big deal but I'd thought I'd let you know. Good fic though.