Reviews for The Gift Horse
Guest chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Such fun - thank you x
Wolf of the Dawn chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
My stomach hurts and my mum is lookking at me like I have lost my mind. That was awesome!

Nira
talking cockerel chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
I return with great pleasure to the world of friendship and goodness that you have created, adding on to what Tolkien has begun - the much needed background development for many of Tolkien's characters are indeed well supplemented by writers such as you! I loved this hilarious and heartwarming story, and look forward to see more Fedranth mischief, as well as, of course, the unmentionable Blond Streak of Aggravation and darling Snookums!
Pipkin Sweetgrass chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
Write me, my friend...please? I can't find your contact info...
anaticulapraecantrix chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
I always enjoy a good Fedranth story.

:D
SusanMc chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
I have been looking forward to Theodred making an appearance in your new tales. Who could read Unfinished Tales and not love the guy? And you have made him such a complete character.

Nice, too, to see Denethor and Theoden portrayed outside of the usual fanfic manner!
Alasse Greyhame chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
OMG! Tears of laughter stream from my eyes it's freakin' hard to type. Excellent story of hilarity. Just the thing as I'm trying to work up the courage to watch the second half of Fellowship.
Gargoyle13 chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Great story. Thanks for the laughter during a day that is dragging by.
Chawia chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Oh, that was so funny! Glad to read about Teddy again, I like a lot this character, and about the Dunce, what a gift indeed! Thank you for this short and funny story!
Keeter chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Bwahahahahahahah!

Too much!

Kindest regards,

~K
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
This story really made me chuckle!

Hugs,

Sarah x
Czechmade chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Oh my! You made my day, I enjoyed all - our Man and horses and "catflap" and... a small reminiscence of Sharpes Enemy with that quotation about "solitary gloom". Thank you!
Ursula-Este chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Oh, those Rohans (Junior and Senior both)! What a sinister plot to beset their esteemed allies with feral dunces!

I'm tickled pink upon seeing Teddy Rohan and Ori Hurin together again. And of course Ancir. Poor thing, Rohan truly invades at most inconvenient times.

The Dunce himself is well... himself. I've got a feeling that people of Minas Tirith don't yet know what awaits them... All those eaten marigolds and buns! Over, let's say, ten years they would amount to a pretty good number. How big is that marigold bed in King's Gardens again?

One thing bugs me... Did Faramir really hint at being in a convent? Or is it just me?
Ithil-valon chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This was fantastic and oh, so very, very funny! You made me a happy camper with this tale.

Baldric and “them valley things” had me rolling. What a hoot he is, and oh, Ancir, naughty, naughty, keeping Teddy waiting like that. :)

Dreaming Ori mistaking Faramir for a wench was delicious; as were Faramir’s exhortations for him to get up…er, arise…er…get out of bed, lol.

/Boromir was now jogging his way down through the circles of the city, he and Theo rarely had the opportunity to meet socially, and they were as close as brothers, were in fact pledged as Shield Brothers, for they each wore a token bracelet, plaited leather, one with the white tree of Gondor cast in gold, the other the White Horse of Rohan, worn about the wrist of their sword hand; for many seasons before they had pledged an oath, upon the Halifirien*, to ride to one another’s defence in time of extreme need. Well, Boromir may not exactly be in need, but any excuse to meet with Theo was most welcome./ - WONDERFUL. I have always loved this part of the story you created. Teddy and Ori…sigh, both seemed to sense that they should live and love fiercely, living every moment of whatever life span they were granted.

A hound of Rohan, snort! ; ) Excellent choice of words! FEDI, we do love thee! Young and playful? LOL

I loved, loved, loved the conversation between Denethor and Caranthir revealing that Fedi was not the first ‘ornery Strawberry Roan to grace the levels (not to mention the flowerboxes) of Gondor! Just a classic Evendim layering of much loved Húrin history!

Extreme hugs for this delightful gift!
Pat chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Utterly delightful! Thank you for the giggle this frozen Midwestern morning.