Reviews for Dissonance
Queen of Narnia49 chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
It does ring of split personality but I agree with you when you say it ruins Light's character. Kira (from this oneshot) is maybe more of a representation of the killing and "justice" and the Light (from the oneshot) kind of shows how Light was good on the inside (although we could debate on what exactly good means).
I'm sorry for reviewing such a long time after you posted this but I did love it so I couldn't resist. :)
Just-another-lonely-fairytale chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Just pure awesomeness, I could see that Light and Kira were separate people, even though they were the same person. In the same person's body, really. Beautiful and haunting, just gorgeous.
LeahKeehl13 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
This was very interesting and well written. Good job! (:
A Reader chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
I loved it. The take on Kira and Light being a split personality is something I enjoyed. I'm the child of a psychologist, and this sort of sounds like something we'd discuss at the dinner table. Really.

You hit the voices just right too. Kira is Light at the height of his malevolence, and Light is, well, Light, but before the Death Note came. There's the slightest hint of humor in Kira, dark and mocking humor, but other than that, this is unusually dark, considering your other fics. Been listening to the Cranberries? (By the way, I hail the Cranberries as the most depressing band of all time.)
Ratt9 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
To be completely honest with you, I came into this story in the hopes that I might be able to flame you, because I was annoyed at the long, ridiculous flame you left Mirai Kusakurin. However, after reading this fic, I must admit that I found this story to actually be quite well-written, and it would be just as ridiculous (& not to mention unhelpful and useless) to flame something that isn't bad. So. Here's my (rather short) review.

I enjoyed the differentiation between Kira and Light. You did well at presenting their characters-or rather, their two split personalities.

Just something to perhaps ponder: If the two personalities are Light and Kira, then would you not agree that surely there must be some middle ground between the two, with a mix of a few traits from both? "Who" would that third personality be, I wonder?
Taka chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Terrible.

And so freaking ooc it hurts.
Flight of the Valkyries chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
I like how this fic shows exactly when Kira came to be and why Light let him stay. How Light eventually let Kira take over and have more power until there was no Light, only Kira. It's one of the more interesting things I've read.
Witchdoctr chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
i read what you wrote for "bow down to me". Someone's a lil sanctimonious, hm?
train to greenwich chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Excellent. I went into this not knowing what to expect. To be blunt, it was not this.

You vocalized, so to speak, Kira's greatest enemy. It wasn't the task force, or L, or even Near. It was Light.

You defined the fission between Kira and Light very well.
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Wow. This flowed like poetry, soft yet cutting. Loved it.
LupineSerpent chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
I love how you show how Light and Kira 'battle' in a grand mental conflict. It really shows Light in a different light, as an innocent person, but with Kira as an evil genius.
onewhohate chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
YOU SUCK!
WhiteLadyDragon chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
My friend, this could just be me with my unimaginativenes, but I don't think you could've have picked a better title for this fanfic.

You're right about Light's complexity as a character: when I read this, I felt like I was tumbling down the spiral staircase of his madness until I hit the floor headfirst; to say that the ending left me dazed would be an understatement in the first degree.
Colwyn chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
It seemed less like a split personality, and more like an inner conflict.

I especially loved the personality you gave to Kira. It reminded me a bit of the badass friend that every one knows or has known at some point in their life. You know, the one that tries to slip shrooms into your salad and volunteers your car at a monster truck show (or is this just me?)

Yeah, well, that one.

Anyway, brilliant oneshot! You really should write more serious Fics like this.

Colwyn
Name On The Spine chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
That was pure, absolute brilliance. It didn't seem that that THAT much like seperate personalities, just an internal battle. And I frEAKING LOVED it. How have you had this for so long without me reading it? :/

I like how you potrayed each side in the "struggle". I liked/it was pretty IC how Light was an "innocent liar" and Kira was a "guilty visionary". Just pure genius :)

The format/style was Win, too.