Reviews for Ghost Soldier
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
Well, I'm glad I made you laugh, because you've given me lots of laughs in the past and it's good to return the favor. :) I'm not laughing at this, possibly because Beach Head is dead and all, but I'm really enjoying it. I like the little details you've added-things like him hitching the chair just a bit are the kind of things real people do, and it helps bring him to life (er, so to speak).

And I really like the fact that Beach Head is terrible at being dead. That is definitely one thing he'd never get the hang of-and heck, probably wouldn't WANT to get the hang of. Lying in a box all day? What's the point of that? He'd probably try and get up for a five AM run around the graveyard.

Also, he fails at writing letters. This amuses me greatly.

Looks like another quality 'fic-hope to see more soon! :)
Strapakai chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
I've read some weird G.I. Joe fic, but I think this one takes the cake.

Having BeachHead the ghost getting counseling is hilarious.

Are they going to call in a ghost whisperer next?

This is a very entertaining fic. I hope BH goes and hangs out around Commander Cobra for a bit and freaks him out.

I am looking forward for more.
Frankizzle chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
Haha, can't wait for more GhostBeach/Flint interaction, should be hilarious :) I loved how Psyche-Out started believing it was actually BeachHead when he noticed all his little quirks, it added real depth to both their characters. I hope there will be more interactions between BeachHead and other Joes, and hopefully BeachHead scaring the living daylights out of greenshirts? Great chapter!
Comix28 chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
I've told you before that you are an extremely talented writer and in case you forgot that I did: You are an extremely talented writer. God Bless your talent for it is a very rare one. Lots of people can write, but not everyone can match your caliber. :O)

I've loved all your stories, but I find that its your more serious fics that show your eloquence the most. This chapter was so bittersweet. I smiled but it still has such a sad tone to it, despite the funny moments. (Keeping it very realistic)

My heart wrenched at Beach's confusion, yet I was laughing at everyone's initial reactions. Especially Flint. (Priceless) Also with Breaker swallowing his gum. I found that hilarious. (Because I dug through my closet and I've started re-reading the original Marvel run and he is everywhere with that damn gum. )

Pysche-Out was so textbook in his actions that I was nearly guffawing. I loved that scene where he asked Hawk if he was seeing Beach when Beach wasn't there.

Also, your writing style has perfect timing. I loved the other scene where Pysche, Hawk and Beach were talking and Hawk suddenly turns and tells him to pace at the edge of the desk because he keep walking through it. It was so unexpected and fit so perfectly!

Overall I could definitely feel the pull of Hawk's emotions. How horrible to think that you are slowly getting over the loss of someone only to find out that you have to say goodbye all over again. That part where he ran in to make sure Beach hadn't 'poofed' out was especially heart-wrenching. I could feel it. I could feel the desperation for him to have Beach stay. And you can picture a child's voice going: Please don't go. Even though you know they have to. I know I'm babbling , I'm sorry. I think it is because unfortunately I've lost enough people to know exactly how it feels. Or it would feel if I was ever given the chance to see one of my loved ones again.

So yes, this was beautifully written and I can't wait to read more. As always.
slapshot22 chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
Nice way in bringing BeachHead back, and the reactions from Hawk and the others were great. I love how Psyche-Out was the calm and cool psychologist trying to figure out Hawk, only to be surprised to see BeachHead himself! I really liked the touch of Psyche-Out knowing BeachHead's little chair moving quirk, to prove that it was really him that Psycho-Out was seeing. It was great how Hawk and Psyche-Out theorized that BeachHead needed to say goodbye. "Here write this letter saying goodbye and you'll go away!" Getting rid of BeachHead is not going to be that easy, if a sniper bullet couldn't do it, did they really think a goodbye letter would? Oh well, guess they'll have to come up with something else. :) Great job as always!
BeachFan chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Hey, can you finish your Joes on Vacation fic before you finish this one? Looking forward to the end of the story. Thanks :)
TheChosenOne21 chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
good chapter cant wait to see what happens when covergirl sees beachhead.
Phyr chapter 2 . 2/2/2010
Lovely story. wow that sounds mean... but i like how your pulling it together. :3 now if i could just get images of BeachHead and Covergirl arguing about re-enacting that pottery shot in Ghost so i can stop laughing i'll be all good.
meme12 chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
Hi there! Meme12 here! Oh my...Beach Head doesn't know that he died and now he knows...I can't wait for the next chapter now after seeing the shocked faces of the Joes that saw BeachHead's ghost. Imagine Cover Girl's reaction then! I hope Beach Head gets his tags back soon, if you know what I mean.(Winks)Pls update soon!

Meme12
zenbon zakura chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
hahahahahahaahhahahahahah

OMG

lol

poor beach head

maybe pie will do the trick?
Asterisk78 chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
I think it was the right move to leave the theology out, given how difficult that could have gotten. On the other hand, the phrase "going into the light" reminds me of Medium. Not the concept. Just that one, particular phrase...

And although the whole chapter was fascinating (I'm looking forward to Beach's talk with Cover Girl next chapter), Flint's encounter with Beach Head's ectoplasm was priceless.

~Asterisk*
Lady Jaye1 chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
You made my day. After spending three hours listening to a professor spout off anti-American, anti-Japanese, anti-South Korea, and pro-North Korean drivel and being forced to nod my head in agreement, coming home to find a new chapter of a GI Joe fic (especially a Beach Head one) really made my day a lot better. So thank you.

I think it was a good choice of yours to leave the theology bit out (unless it was something light hearted like Shipwreck joking that St. Peter kicked BH out.) ;) I'd hate to be a Cobra that found his/her way into the PIT, as facing off against a dead Beach wouldn't be pleasant.

Everyone's reactions to him was great. I particularly liked the mental image of Flint bolting across the room. Psyche Out's initial skepticism to Beach Head's reaction to being dead were also nicely done.
Karama9 chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
I love how he's basically just taking it in his stride... and keeps accidentally going back to saying people 'think' he's dead, even though he does know that he really is.

It seems like a very err... realistic way for a ghost to experience denial.

I'm picturing them trying to get him to say 'goodbye', in various fashion, to a lot more people. Settle all his scores, so to speak. If that's where this is going, Flint is in for some fun. :D

I also really like how he trusts Lifeline enough not to even get the slightest glimmer of suspicion that he may be hooking up with CoverGirl. Not saying he is, but considering Beach expected her to hook up with someone, and he's been told straight up the two have been spending a lot of time together, it speaks volume that he either assumes whole heartedly Lifeline wouldn't do that or they just have his blessings. If this incredibly non-committal paragraph doesn't tell you I'm clueless at romantic subplots, nothing will.
Psyk2 chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
And I thought BH alive was bad! How about a letter to Flint?
Ghanie chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
I like this second chapter. I want to read some more, specialy the reactions of is friends, like SnakeEyes! :)
185 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »