Reviews for Swing and a Miss
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Haymitch is my favorite too. Good job; you captured him well.
Howlynn chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Yeah You do love Haymitch and you get him -awesome job - but he's mine! LOL - no really enjoyed the stories!
casey26334 chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Ok, so this was just amazing. Right from the "good god I love Haymitch." hahahaha! That really cracked me up, but I couldnt agree more. "Two" was probably my favorite, I really liked how you added Maysilee's sister. "Four" and "Five" were just so sad, but I loved them. Great job and great writing!
koalakoala chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
I think I've read this before, but maybe not. It just seems familiar.

But anyway, I really liked it. Haymitch is great, and you did a lovely job showing his character through what he should have done instead of the things he did do.
H. K. Rissing chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
this was so well done. it was definitely something i could imagine haymitch saying, and doing. Boyfriend of the year award... lol. i love haymitch too. i especially liked how you used the exact words and situations from the book, adding other motives and thoughts- made me really understand it. i'll probably never read the books the same way again. Fantastic job.
fromoutoftherain chapter 1 . 9/16/2010

OH, MY HEART.

I'm glad you decided to write this when you should've been studying for your exams (though I hope you did good too, haha) because it was so wonderful :) My heart almost broke when Maysilee's sister (her name escapes me) came to comfort Haymitch. It's all so sad. D:
BookAddictForLife chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
This is very good! I love Haymitch, and I hope he doesn't die. I might cry if he does. That line about Peeta being insistant on getting the Boyfriend Of The Year award was hilarious! I actually started laughing out loud.
your favorite person chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
i know this review is useless, and i read it and it's good, but i have to let you know something.

I AM READING "HUNGER GAMES"!

yes, yours truly is reading this book.

honestly, i'm not very interested.

GALE FTW.

it seems more like GALE owns and the other dude is just there.

anyways get on aim.

love,

your secret admirer ;)
karaism chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
this is good!
TheVividTruth chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I am back, remember me, your Blackwater reviewer;)

I loved this, Haymitch, is amazing. There are no words to describe him.

When she flies at him, he knows he deserves ever line her fingernails etch into his face. Each drop of blood shed. But that doesn’t mean he has to stand there and take it.

When I read Catching Fire, I honestly felt bad for him. We have to wait until the third book comes out to know what happens next.

Amazing work on this.

Loved to see more:)
LoveTheBoyWithTheBread chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
These are great!

I love Haymitch, too. And it's great to read about him when he seems more human. I love this :)
Ceylon205 chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Interesting. I enjoyed reading this. I'm guessing the little bits that aren't canon (kissing Maysilee, telling Katniss she's his favorite), are things he should've done?

One thing: Maysilee is blond and blue-eyed because she's a merchant girl and not from the Seam.
BelikovGirl chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
whoa this is really good u have mad skillage lol
Silver Tongued Wonder chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Amazingly awesome! I love Haymitch :) One of the best characters in the Hunger Games. Anyway, this story was really sad, but pretty. I don't know, that's the word that comes to mind when I think of this piece :) A total work of art.
Flair Verona the Slytherin Queen chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I really and truly enjoyed this fic. It was very in character and I think shed a lot of light on the way he is. I hope to see more Haymitch-centric fics in the future :)