Reviews for Music at the Close
starfishstar chapter 1 . 3/15
Very impressive!
P chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
The last two sentences are pure gold and they left me shaken on the inside (in a good way). Your Snape/Lily stories are amazing. I had some difficulties understanding Shakespeare though... but that's because English is not my native language. :P I think I still caught the point. Great story, keep up the good work.
AngelWitch chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
*looks in awe* Beautiful, and you're great at selecting quotes!
stereolightning chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Oh my god. This is so inventive and amazing and staggeringly lovely and sad.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
And I promise you, Mr. Potter, Mr. Black, Mr. Lupin, and Mr. Pettigrew," she nodded at each in turn, "you will regret it."

-But obviously they won't, since Sluggy likes what they did. The Marauders, as ever, come out of this covered in glory.

As for Snape, he's _still_ not a handsome, rich pureblood, and Lily still thinks _her_ friends are just fine. It doesn't really matter what he does or say, there is no pleasing her anyway. After all, the Marauders are just wonderful no matter what _they_ do, and Snape is horrible no matter how many times he saves her.

Rowling says so!
IrregularHonour chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
So sweet and yet so sad! I love the way you write!
The Harper chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
This story was really quite beautiful, and I love what you have done with the Shakespeare premise. Being both a Shakespeare and Snape/Lily fan, I truly adore you for this. Thank you!
AfraidOfFalling chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Brilliant. Absolutely and completely brilliant. So unfamiliar with Shakespeare am I that never would I have the ability to 1) find exact quotes that perfectly fit the conversation or 2) make up dialogue that sounds genuinely Shakespearean. Your "stitching together" of the quotes seems seamless to me, and I don't think you lost any of the meaning or beauty by doing so. Beautiful. And the best part is that this could arguably have been completely canon. Certainly it is probably AU, as you consider it, but it would also fit seamlessly into the books' plot line. I felt that you exemplified Snape and Lily's relationship both past and present remarkably well and that you were very true to every character. Absolutely fantastic. Well done. )
duj chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
It was hardly *surprising* that little changed. I see no evidence in canon that she'd ever cared for him as a person. The accident of propinquity was succeeded by habit, but there was no real connection on her side. She'd already dumped him on the inside by the time she could hear of a near-death experience without feeling enough concern, or even curiosity, to ask him how he was.

Nifty use of Shakespeare, though.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
This was great! So amazingly written, you did a good job with it! :) A fav.