Reviews for Prince Roy
Rebecca chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
I liked it overall. It definitely gets the point across, and I thought you captured Roy's persona. The only thing that surprised me was Roy thinking that he looked like the Prince before the whole Euram Barows thing. I guess I never saw it that way, but I guess I let hair color get in the way?

Also, I felt like the writing style was kind of choppy, but that's perhaps a style preference.
The Archsage chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Not bad. Really well done. It allows a nice look into the life of Roy before the whole war bit. Personally I never really liked Roy, mostly because he was always trying to be someone he isn't.
VeiledDarkness chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
What a great story. It always seems like Roy is such an overlooked character dispite his rather-large role in the game. He's actually one of my favorites, and the scene of him on the bridge, fighting valiantly til the very end, well, that was one of the best and most heart-wrenching of the game. And his last vision of Lyon... Y'know, I really started to love the idea of that pairing after I saw that scene. You did very well integrating even that into his perspective.

But of course, the whole fic is excellent, describing a very likely scenerio of how Roy came to be who he was. I very much liked your theme of 'royalty' and Roy's thoughts concerning himself and the real prince. I always liked that his name was Roy, too, since it translates to 'King.' It really plays in with the whole theme and, at least in this scenerio, he goes out fighting like a King defending his castle. Really great job.