Reviews for Redeem
AGeneralCrazy11919 chapter 35 . 8/19/2014
The first time I read this Fanfiction over a year ago, I actually cried for Barricade. You'd made him my favorite character at that point, and it pained me so to see him suffer. Even now, reading it a second time, over a year later, my heart burned and tightened. Only amazing writers can influence a person's favorite character as well as draw such a blooming response from the reader.
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 35 . 7/2/2012
Are you kidding? The political/philosophical stuff is half of what keeps me reading! The reviewer who said it was boring is wrong. And laaaaaaaame. They obviously don't like to think deeply. Or at all.
And yay! Another epic installment. I'm so sad that the next one ends the story arc, though... :'( Anyway. Another favorite!
Speaking of favorites, let's see... I love Starscream, and Barricade, and Blackout, and Flareup, and even Vortex and Skywarp from the small parts they've played. Also, Sternburgh. And Yee. Max, as well. The kid's really grown on me. Sideswipe's cool, too (even if he's single-minded). And Prowl. And Ratchet.
Sigh... I love all your damn characters... :)
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 34 . 7/2/2012
So... amazing... X) *dies of happiness*
I think you've converted me into a Decepticon.
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 31 . 7/2/2012
I swear, if you kill off Barricade... :(
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 18 . 7/1/2012
Now that I think about it, Ratchet will probably know better. He's a good guy- er, mech. And I don't mean "good guy" like the rest of them are "good guys". Still, I bet he'll believe Flareup. I hope...
Anyway! Great to see Max once more. But are we ever going to see Jennifer the linguist again? At this point it isn't looking like it, but I liked her character... and I do wonder what she did with Starscream's claw...
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 17 . 7/1/2012
Aarrgh! Believe her, you incompetent, self-righteous, obstinate jerks! Blasted Autobots...
DragonSteel chapter 35 . 4/18/2011
Well I've been power reading through this series because it is AMAZING!

I thought I should comment on the reader who felt this was too politicised. I do generally regard fanfic as my very light/fun reading but I really do think that there should be more stories like this, who look at the more serious side of things.

I've never really felt that you were trying to push your own views on me, but simply exploring how people react to war and tragedy and struggle with their own morality. After so many years of war the Transformers especially are bound to have some serious issues. The very fact that they are still fighting when their species is so near extinction certainly tells you this as well.

I'm glad that you are trying to explore the dichotomy of good and evil, and morality, especially in a show where things tend to be black and white.

Also, I really like how you've been portraying Starscream, I've never seen him portrayed quite like this, and he is both awe inspiring and kind of a dork. Which I love.

Now I have the most difficult choice of trying to finish the rest tonight or study for my Biology test...
SimplisticDrone chapter 32 . 3/20/2011
I started reading this series from "Prisoner", the very beginning, and was blown away by several important factors smuggled within your writing: characterization, detail, but mostly pathos. I felt for these mechs, could sympathize for them, and even empathize with at times.

You've constructed Barricade into an astonishing masterpiece. I envy you (in a friendly way, evidently). He's got enough of a conscience to make him a sentient creature, yet only showcases that side of him rarely: which makes him so damn brilliant. Your knowledge (seemingly endless) of Cybertronians and the U.S. military and its branches never ceases to impress me.

And then you wrote this, and I knew there was a reason I haven't stopped reading these various fictions for the past several days. You're obviously a guru at taking advantage of the emotion of your audience, and for this, I respect you. The imagery of Barricade wanting this one thing in his life, this one victory, to be able to stand to his Death, so badly that even with nothing left to stand for he would NOT DIE ON HIS KNEES, was simultaneously inspiring and heart-wrenching. I liked the mech before. I LOVE the both of you now.

I’ll continue with this brilliant collection until the end, if not before, then definitely now. Please, keep writing, if not for the sake of your readers, than for yourself, because you have a true gift, and it needs to be utilized. It’s rare I come across a gem like this on this site, but I’m ecstatic that I have. This is raw, powerful, and I’m not surprised you cried while writing it. A few tears stain my keyboard now, as well.

Kudos; and I wish you the sincerest of luck with all your future endeavors,

SD.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 29 . 11/5/2010
"That's what I was built to do." That's the single saddest sentence of fanfic I have yet to read.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 28 . 11/4/2010
But Flareup's is a very good question ... I was getting very tired of all the "Autobots all universally LOVE being Autobots" stories on the site, heroism, macho blah-blah, shouting-and-falling-down fu. This is a real, real breath of fresh air.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 27 . 11/4/2010
Okay, we've dealt with comradely love, deceit, betrayal, and now we get to deal with a sense of being wanted? How much deeper can this fanfic go? Excuse me a moment, I need to slip into my diving bell.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 26 . 11/4/2010
Barricade is changing, changing himself to accommodate the knowledge of his own oncoming offlining. How will that stay in his processor when he's rescued? Fascinating fanfic.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 25 . 11/4/2010
More and more feces seem to be impacting the rotary air-movement device. I'm really interested to see where this goes.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 24 . 11/4/2010
This fic brings out how tyrannical living under Megatron really is. It never comes right out and says so; far more effectively, it allows the characters most affected to recount their misgivings. Lovely stuff.
Ell Bee Someone Else Now chapter 23 . 11/4/2010
Loved it. This was very, very real.