Reviews for Housatonic Reel
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
This was perfect! right down to avoiding the mushy moment. I LOVED what Dean said and it really was Sam's saving grace. I cringe to think what Sam might have been like if he had someone else other than Dean as a brother. 0.o
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Very interesting insight - that honestly hadn't occurred to me when I watched this episode, but you make a very good point. A well-written and thought-provoking fic;)
Little Escapist chapter 1 . 5/10/2010
I loved this fic. It's a long time since I last read a fic where the brothers were so themselves as they were in this one - you have caught them perfectly, all the little details in their speech and everything. I could see how relieved they both were under their words, how much they had missed each other.

I can only wonder, how you came up with Dean's words, because after I've read this it feels obvious, but I hadn't thought it like that before I read... That's just simply great work. I can hardly say more about it. It just fits perfectly. It isn't Sam the devil wants, it's just his body. Which is a little weird, but I totally agree with that after the episode. Sam wasn't in his body and so on.

The ending made me emotional, I had to wipe tears off. This is how they truly should be! Thank you for this wonderful fic.
Hunnique chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Thank you, for bringing joy into all the bleakness Dean and Sam seem to be living in!
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
i hadn't thought of that! i like it xD
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
You know I never thought of it this way. I never thought that it was just Sam's body/blood and not his soul, considering they were still going to get his body even w/ his soul in it.

This makes all the sense in the world!

Great story! I really enjoyed it!
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
I know some fans couldn't figure out why Sam didn't have to be in the suit.. why HE wasn't the one who had to say yes... I like your take.. that it's not Sam's SOUL that Lucifer needs. It's the body or the blood. We know that the body Lucifer is in now can't contain him.. so I think it's the demon blood mixed with human or some such. That demon blood had to mean something.. blood can't taint a soul.

Very good insight.
AllieMcD chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Gosh, this was perfect! I loved it! I love Dean's realization and telling Sam that it's not him, his soul isn't what Lucifer wants and how it gives Sam hope, gosh I wish this was the ending scene to the episode
rog457 chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I really liked this ending, very interesting idea that Lucifer just wants Sams body and it has nothing to do with Sam himself. That should really make Sam feel much better about himself. Isn't just like Dean to come up with an explanation that would let Sam off the hook. Yeah for big brother Dean.
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
And don't you really wish they had said this at the end...? I wonder if they have realised it themselves (the writers that is) because it makes perfect sense...and is so much the redemption Sam's been searching for.
spnMom chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I like your ending a lot better than the ending on the show. This actually made me smile and feel good... Thanks for posting.
Sue Pokorny chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Very good point! I was wondering during the episode if it would count if Gary said yes while he was in Sam's body. I mean, how could it - he wasn't the true owner, right? Then I decided not to think about it too hard. But I like your take on it. Shake it up, baby. Loved the salad bit. But how did Sam get so big on rabbit food? Weird. Great tag!

Sue
Noninone chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
The salad shake ws freaking funny.

Awesome shot.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
omg

standing ovation hun

awesome fic- loved the demon in this eppy- she was well creepy

brilliant brother fic

this should be in the eppy x
SeaKat chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I love this take on it! Great story.