Reviews for Getting To Know You
Saiphor chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Gosh! You're a wonderful writer. I love it how you fill in the brotherly moments that aren't in the show as much anymore. Although I am a Dean girl I am totally addicted to your style! *off to read more*
irismay42 chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Ooh brilliant idea! I think we all would have appreciated a bit of Sam / Dean swappage! And while this started out amusing, you quickly moved on to show us that maybe that's exactly what the boys could do with too - to walk a mile in each other's shoes.

The idea that, despite what he's telling Dean and despite no longer chugging demon blood, Sam still has the power to exorcise demons with his mind is a really interesting one, and you can only imagine how hard it would be for him to keep a lid on that.

Insightful stuff.
krimson chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Well written but a bit one sided to me. Sam learned nothing about Dean's viewpoint except that being a horndog is biological. He didn't get to experience any of Dean's own lingering aches- which even with the new body have been accumulating rapidly, the stress Dean is under from his end of the equation, and, for your narrative purposes most importantly, what it feels like to see the person you most love in the world calling up the forces of darkness and losing a bit of himself in the process. You let Dean understand what it is to be Sam, but Sam gained nothing of what it is to be Dean. Even though the story clearly favors Sam, with Dean compelled to feel sorry for ever being mean to hm, in the final analysis it's really a condemnation of Sam, who walked a mile in his brother's shoes and learned nothing.
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Weird how people react so strongly if someone tries to put one brother's point of view across with a bit more emphasis than the other's... I thought this was brilliant, and it was fine that you gave a bit more weight to Sam than to Dean (and believe me, I am a huge Dean-girl!). I think it is clear from the season so far that Sam has been suffering, but saying nothing, and as someone else pointed out, we have had a lot about Dean's suffering and so don't necessarily need it spelled out again.

You managed to pack a lot into a very short piece nonetheless - I found Dean's initial reaction very funny, as well as Sam's to the girl(tee hee!), and then you quickly turned it around with Dean's discovery of Sam's pain and the pull of those terrible powers. Very nicely done!
moira4eku chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I really enjoyed your story. I think it was good for Dean to feel some of Sam's pain. My only complaint is that Sam didn't experience any of Dean's problems (and there are many). The guilt, the pressure Dean is constantly under, keeping everything bottle up has to play havoc with one's body. I felt it was kinda ones sided.
snowcherries chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Awesome coda. Would have loved to have seen this.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
That was just MARVELOUS, one of the best Winchester brother stories I've ever read. BRAVO!

Love, Robin
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
plz update! this is good!
beyondtired chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
Loved this story! I get so tired of the 'poor Dean, he sacrificed everything and Sam betrayed him so horribly' story line. So nice to take a look at what Sam probably has to go through. Yes - Sam was wrong, but Dean certainly isn't blameless. I didn't get to see that episode, but I'm hopeful that they each learned a little something about the other that will help get their relationship back on track.

Excellent story!