Reviews for Icarus
horsecrazy2 chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
I am stunned I have not read this before. On a site inundated with blatant self-inserts and net speak and innumerable other writing faux pas that make me want to gouge my eyes out, this is an absolute breath of fresh air. The characterization is perfect-and this is coming from a huge Seifer fan who can't seem to write a FF8 fic without featuring him, so this isn't an offhand comment from someone who sort of remembers that guy with the gray coat.

Brilliant. Your writing is stunning; if I was wearing a hat I would tip it to you. Thank you for posting this. It reminds me why I keep coming back to this site despite all those faux pas mentioned above.
piratelore chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
I never played the game, so I can't contextualize this in a wider plot. However, I do like the structure you have, with the first and last lines complementing each other. And I believe you got Seifer's personality down pretty well. It was a joy to read.
irishais chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
This is absolutely, positively, one of the most brilliant things on this website to date, and you are amazing for having written it- I recall seeing it the last time I went through this section and didn't click on it because of some unknown reason, and now I'm glad I stumbled on it again.

You are brilliant, and your Seifer is brilliant, and "dogs brought to heel" is I think my favorite line (and entire section there) in the entire thing, because it is just quintessential Seifer.

Gah. A. A effing , you.
Ryfee chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Lovely. I like how you portray Seifer here. And the thing about fairytales and knights going to the setting sun is nice. Good characterization as well.

Keep it up
rach981 chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I really enjoyed this story! I think you caught Seifer's personality perfectly! I was wishing it was longer so I could continue reading, but I do think you also let it end at the best spot. Overall, great job!