Reviews for The Last Jedi
Recreate chapter 1 . 12/29/2017
Wow, you published this story 7 years ago, now there is a new Star Wars movie called "Star Wars: The Last Jedi". What a coincidence xd
M chapter 46 . 12/27/2017
Amazing read. Thank you!
intata chapter 4 . 12/23/2017
THIS is the script they should have used for the f*cking movie.

You've written a better story by far, here.
PurportedGrey chapter 3 . 12/21/2017
I love this story already such a great idea.
rednaxnala chapter 46 . 12/9/2017
I loved this story so much! It will be my last fanfiction for a while, but I’m happy I got to end it with this. A finfished fantastic work. Truly amazing stuff.
Thank you so much for all your hard work.
RamblingInsomniac chapter 39 . 9/18/2017
u man beings never change. they didn't care when others were being killed even when her sisters kid was killed she didn't care but now that they're coming for her kids...ooo now she has a problem with it. I hope her kids die! I hope they are shot in the skull while she watches. next time maybe you'll have some empathy.
Antoine chapter 46 . 9/12/2017
This was wonderful! I greatly appreciate the whole story.

To be fair, it could have benefited from some additional proofreading and editing, but the overall story was quite awesome, and I can totally see a most epic film trilogy based on it!

I was wondering if there were ever going to be something done about the planet on which Tobin made his secret base, the third planet from its sun, with the megafauna and such. I suppose the subtle reference was enough.

Walking that line and finding a good balance is truly an extreme challenge. Many of us find different ways to achieve it, and many of us see these things in very different ways. It is admirable that such a thing would be the ultimate goal.

Thanks for the amazing story, and I hope that everything has been going very well in the meantime!
Antoine chapter 45 . 9/11/2017
At the beginning of the chapter, it seemed that the portion of the old Empire loyal to Antius was dwindling to such a small region, that it might be little more than the planet of Coruscant itself. At that point, I wondered if it might be perfunctory to negotiate a peace deal, once it became absolutely obvious that Antius’s faction had no ability whatsoever to continue to resist Tobin’s new Empire.

The description of the horror occurring on Coruscant was just the thing to keep up the sense of urgency, the idea that Tobin could not rest on his laurels and be happy without conquering Coruscant itself. It also reminds me of a valid criticism of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, wherein we are told on multiple occasions that the Naboo are dying, that they are starving as a result of the blockade and as a result of the pressure applied by the Trade Federation in order to coerce Queen Amidala into accepting the Trade Federation’s authority in treaty, yet we, the audience, never see any evidence of this devastation, nor do we hear anything more specific than that “people are dying”. This story, by contrast, shows us a glimmer of the horror that is occurring, making it clearer to the audience why Tobin’s Empire must do something about it.

I liked Tobin’s comments following his workout. I got the impression that he realizes that something is amiss, yet it is still not clear enough to change plans as a result. Hubrin’s actions do not fully make sense, but he cannot see what the trap is to justify any hesitation or change of plans.

Hubrin’s gambit was quite an extreme one, a bit like holding a gun to one’s own head and threatening “One more step, and I’ll shoot!” Tobin could have denied her request. Tobin could have allowed Coruscant to be obliterated. It would have been a serious blow to the morale of his empire, but I have confidence that he could have found a way to spin it such that he was not seen as at fault for not walking into an obvious trap set by a clearly untrustworthy enemy. He might have tried instead to launch a blitzkrieg attack against any platforms capable of damaging Coruscant, in order to minimize the damage. Oh, well.

I loved Genndy Tartakovsky's "Star Wars: Clone Wars" animated shorts. If I could recommend only one piece of canon Star Wars media to accompany the main movies (I am including Rogue One as a main movie) "Star Wars: Clone Wars" would be the piece. It was in that miniseries that I first saw Durge, though I shamefully admit that I had completely forgotten about him until I looked up "Gen'Dai" on Wookieepedia in response to reading this chapter.

Something seems a bit petty about Hubrin's motivation, but I suppose she is fighting to avenge and entire race, so it makes sense. I wonder, however, what makes her think that she can succeed where others of her kind failed, why she thinks that she can defeat Tobin.

I look forward to seeing more!
Antoine chapter 44 . 9/10/2017
I enjoyed the training session. I laughed at Dantila’s question about why Tobin never kisses her! That was adorable.

I am not entirely sure whether I agree or disagree with Mariha’s assertion that Tobin needs to stay on Bastion during the assault on Kamino. I was concerned that things would go badly with that attack, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I wonder what other tricks the Diktat has up her sleeve, and I look forward to finding out by reading on.
Antoine chapter 43 . 9/9/2017
As Armorine Hubrin leaned in and manipulated Emperor Antius, I found myself emitting an “oooh!” of intrigue. That seems to be a bit beyond typical seduction! Is Armorine somehow force-sensitive herself and using a powerful mind trick on Antius, or is she using some more mundane, perhaps chemical means of twisting his mind, I wonder! I am excited for the possibility of an eleventh-hour twist!

I felt a little awkward at the love scene at the end of the chapter. All of the others up to this point felt good to me, but somehow, this one felt just a little… off… somehow. I guess I imagined myself in Tobin’s or Mariha’s position, and just felt like, after everything else that was going on, I found it hard to feel in the mood for lovemaking. Throwing their glasses, too, seems to imply a rather cavalier attitude, as though they feel quite relaxed, as though they feel that they have already won. This may be a mistake.

I look forward to seeing more!
Antoine chapter 42 . 9/7/2017
I really enjoyed the scene between Mariha and Tobin. That was emotionally intense, and it followed immediately another great scene. It was so exciting to see so many worlds of such prominence declaring their allegiance to Emperor Tobin Solo Fel Artin.

I loved the big twist, with so many mutineers aboard the Imperial vessels! This is such an enjoyable read, and I am so excited to reach the climactic conclusion!
Antoine chapter 41 . 9/6/2017
This was spectacular! I was easily able to follow the action, and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the way the Grand Admiral Chinlee and Shol Dinteri were able to bluff around the Directorate, and I enjoyed the climactic commencement of open hostilities! I like that so many of the Empire have joined Tobin's side and mainly because of the increased brutality of emperor Antius.
Antoine chapter 40 . 9/5/2017
I found the final scene very confusing. I was not able to keep pronouns straight, to figure out who was doing what to whom. Finding that Tobin was there at the end just added to my confusion.

Anyway, I am glad to see that Shol Dinteri has a lot of support, and I am eager to see how this develops!
Antoine chapter 39 . 9/4/2017
Oh, the name of that restored Scythe-class heavy cruiser… the “Miraluka”. That got me.

Also, the name “Valera” caught my attention. I have a sister and an aunt with that name, but I had never seen it held by anyone else. It is quite rare.

I am really liking this chapter. The development in the Dinteri family is quite interesting. Emperor Antius Fel is reacting to his loss of control with increased brutality and restriction, both of which are, contrary to his intention, effecting a further loss of control. The Dinteris would have remained loyal if their own children were not threatened, but now they are more likely to die resisting than to remain loyal. I wonder how many other grand moffs in Dinteri’s position are making similar choices.
Antoine chapter 38 . 9/1/2017
I was unclear about what was going on with Moff Halastrin. I understand that he despised Unitarians and that he was being publicly executed as a “scapenerf” (clever term), but I could not initially understand what it was that someone had caught him doing that so many other moffs had done, what deed had ostensibly warranted his execution. I considered the possibility that it was because he had attempted to exterminate life on Ulicia, but I hesitated to adopt this conclusion because Chinlee said to Dinteri “It’s not the first world we’ve had to enact a Base Delta Zero command on”, from which I inferred that Chinlee and Dinteri themselves had to exterminate life on Ulicia, specifically, and Grand Moff Dinteri would, I presume, outrank Moff Halastrin, so I would think it strange to “scapenerf” someone of lower rank than the highest ranking person personally carrying out the specific offense. I now suppose, however, that I had misinterpreted the meaning of Chinlee’s statement, that Halastrin was to be executed for the genocide of Ulicia, and that Chinlee was using the first person when speaking to Dinteri not because Chinlee and Dinteri, themselves, had had to exterminate Ulicia, specifically, but that officers of their rank did, occasionally, have to exterminate planets, and I guess that the “we” Chinlee used was intended to speak of Grand Admirals, Moffs, and Grand Moffs collectively, thus including Halastrin.

I found it a bit surprising that so many people did not know what was happening to Ulicia and were willing to so quickly take such extreme action based on the words of a known pirate, terrorist, criminal, mass-murderer like Tobin S’Artin. Did he provide proof of his claim? Had he built up such credibility around the galaxy? What about those defectors from Halastrin’s forces? They surely already knew what they were doing, so why turn around and desert only then? I guess anything that seems a bit far-fetched I can chalk up to the influence of the Force, which is a bit like the invisible hand of the author reaching in and turning things however suits the desired outcome.

That said, I do like that Chinlee and Dinteri remained mostly loyal to the Emperor. It certainly seems consistent with their characters as we know them to this point, and I like having villains I can respect on some level.

I really liked the interaction between Mariha and Leia’s projection. I greatly enjoy the way you present exposition in such a personal way, and I always enjoy hearing an old Jedi’s perspective. I would love to be able to learn from her, myself.

I like the development that is going on, and I look forward to seeing what comes next!
1,200 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »