Reviews for Only a True Gryffindor
digigirl02 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I love it and agree that Neville is a true Gryffindor.
InuLoveKawaii13 chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
This is amazing. I like this a lot. It shows the development of Neville as a character. Good job.
Katamabob chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Very good. Ended spectacularly. Neville really is one of the most amazing characters, simply by virtue of the fact that he was so downtrodden, so teased, and rose to be a leader, a hero. Wow, he's just awesome.

Nicely written!

AccioCommonSense chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
.AMAZING! I love it and it's truly beautifully written!
TheSquintiestSquint chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
Quite beautiful, as always.
Bagge chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Very well performed portrait of Neville and his progress through the years. Well done.
dork-with-glasses chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Fantastic story. I loved how you showed Neville throughout the years. I especially liked first year, third year and seventh year. He's just so brave. Really well written, I thought you had Neville in character. Great job!
AwesomeAuror chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Great concept.

This was really interesting; a kind of in-depth look into Neville's perspective/personality.

One quick note: Many things that need to be capitalized/one word, are not. For example, it's Potions not potions.
liondancer17 chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
This is so cool!
ReviewsGalore chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Story: 7.75/10. I really liked the circular feel of this story and how you bring it back to the Sorting Hat. I think that you had a strong beginning and end. I sort of feel like most of the story is exposition that tells us stuff that we already know, though. I think that this short drabble-like format could work, but you need to focus more on what's going on in Neville's head or on new material.

Characters: 8.5/10. I think that you do a really good job of showing how Neville really comes into his bravery over the years and I think that it matches his character arc in the books well. Like I said earlier, I think it would have been more interesting if you could have got inside his head just a little bit more.

Creativity: 8.25/10. I think that the concept is fairly original and the format is something that I don't see everyday, but I think that just a few more original details scattered throughout the story would help.

Writing: 8.75/10. Your writing is very readable, doesn’t have many mistakes and I like your style and tone. I think that it fits this sort of short fic. I’d recommend sticking with either past tense of present tense.

Believability: 9/10. I think that this fic corresponds to the books particularly well and I can really see Neville being a potential Hufflepuff and having this conversation with the Sorting Hat.

Overall: 8.5/10. You are a good writer and I really enjoyed this view of Neville, but I think you could put a little more new content into the middle of the story instead of telling us stuff we already know. Good job!
IHaveASiriusObsession chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
I love Neville, he's such a unique, yet pushed to the side character. I really liked how you went through each year of his time at Hogwarts and connected it to his bravery and the sorting hat's decision of putting him in Gryffindor. I can definitely see everything you wrote running through his head, cheers to you!
Bang You're Dead chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Love it Dee!

I no u sed not to read more of ur stuff but its amazing to stay away from plus when do i ever listen to u :P

ps soz ur alone checking ur emails, I'm too ill to poke u x
phoenix008 chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Neville is one of my favorite characters! i think the struggles he faces are so much more greater than any others... to have all that pressure on him from his family, not knowing how to prove himself,etc. i just love the way you captured all of that in this one-shot.
HalfBloodPrincesa chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Neville is one of my favorite characters. He is always overlooked in favor of the other Gryffs, but when it comes down to it, He stands tall in the face of danger, and this piece does a great job of illustrating this.
Scandalacious Intentions chapter 1 . 1/30/2010

I've been waiting for this for so long. I always felt so sorry for Neville and in the last book I honestly thought he was going to die and almost cried.

This was gorgeous and I loved it. *Favourites*