Reviews for Welcome to Hogwarts
3 3 3
No words left
G Fawkes chapter 11 . 9/6
I' m getting sick of "poor little picked on victim Hermione".
' Protego' the goddamned bucket of water! Banish the water back at the bitches who did it! Freeze charm the leader, Cho, once she's soaked. If she's so 'cool', THAT should suit her.
If the others retaliate, 'reducto' each one in the knees, and cut 'em down to size (figuratively, no 'diffindos')
Or... just jump on and punch the effing whores, likeHarry did.
G Fawkes chapter 5 . 9/5
This whole- 'Sirius is Harry's godfather' thing? Is that some kind of bigger deal in the UK because of the Church of England? Are godparents somehow more revered, or maybe just more common than in the U.S., where the only group who names godparents that I know of, are Catholics?
I have a godmother from way back when she was a next door neighbor in the late sixties. By the time the eighties started, my mom didn't even talk to her once friend, even though we had moved, a whopping TWO houses away! Now mom is eighty, and I couldn't even tell you if my godmother is alivfe, or not. I would guess no, due to smoking like a fiend. Smoking took dad 15 years ago, so...
So really... back to 'who gives a crap who your godfather is?' In America, I could care less, but is that just me... us as a nation...or are there little pockets of tighter families, within certain nationalities. Old world country ties, not given up yet?
G Fawkes chapter 2 . 9/5
I already want to kill Molly, and the arsehole kids aren't even there yet. Can she not just cook the food at the burrow, and push the boxes thru the floo to the Order?
I know, house cleaning. But there's also 100 some elves sitting at Hogwarts, twiddling their thumbs, wishing they had some mess to clean up. It would take 50 of them about 5 minutes to be done, top to bottom, including fresh paint!
Potter the Plotter chapter 16 . 7/17
The little scene at the end is so perfect—I can't, I can't.
*turns away and wipes tears*
Potter the Plotter chapter 15 . 7/17
so cute u
RememberMe27 chapter 21 . 7/15
If I could favorite this a thousand times I would. I absolutely loved it. Thank you so much for writing this!
Dagger-Seishin chapter 21 . 4/26
i actually really really enjoyed this story. it felt... very real without losing the whole harry potter theme to it.
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 3/31
I really enjoyed your story. I appreciated the fact that you presented Harry in a more realistic way - as a kid who had been seriously wounded by the events and circumstances in his life - than we generally see him.

It was good, too, that you showed the results of bullying on Hermione's life. Too often people tend to blow off bullying as something "normal" that kids just need to learn to handle. The Hermione we see early in the story is a child who could easily wind up as a police statistic - as a victim of either hazing, rape, murder, or suicide. And no, I do not think that is an exaggeration. Clearly the female students felt free to torment her and Draco felt entitled (and free) to sexually assault her. Murders have frequently followed on the heels of such events. As for suicide, Hermione clearly felt friendless and abandoned at Hogwarts. Ron's treatment of her is appalling. I wonder how Arthur and Molly would feel if they were presented with four or five years worth of memories of their son's treatment of Hermione to view. Proud? Somehow I doubt it.

While this story can certainly stand alone on its own merit, I would like to see a sequel or perhaps some longer one-shots to follow.

Thanks for an enjoyable read.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 3/31
Oh, I think Malfoy would easily have raped Hermione. He doesn't see her as a person of worth. He has been raised to consider "Mudbloods" as nothing, deserving of rape, torture, and murder with no consequences to the perpetrators.

It will be interesting to see what sort of discipline Dumbles metes out to him. I rather think how he handles Malfoy's punishment may affect how Harry sees him - as someone with a strong sense of right and wrong who truly cares about people, or as someone with his own agenda who doesn't give a fig about the individual. Which will it be?
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 3/31
That was a good chapter. It will be interesting to see if Hermione really can help Harry. At least each has a friend now. They have to be stronger together than they are alone.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 3/31
I don't know that it's too soon for Harry to spill. He clearly recognizes another wounded soul, someone who has been dealt a rotten hand, just as he and Sirius have. Whatever his reasons, he seems to feel he can trust Hermione, and he needs someone at that blasted place that he can trust.

That reminds me ... Does Snape know what happened? Was he present for Harry's ordeal?
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 3/31
Why do I feel like there may be a bucket of ice water in Cho's future? I'm surprised Hermione hasn't hooked up with Luna. Then again, perhaps Cho the bully has already run her out of Hogwarts. I'm curious ... Why don't the teachers do anything about the bullying?
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 3/31
How did I find you? When I read a story I enjoy, I always check the author's favorite stories. As I am a fan of Harry with Hermione (or nearly anyone other than Ginny, Pansy, or Cho), this one caught my interest. I confess to being rather surprised that you were only a high school sophomore at the time you began writing this story. I'm a retired English language arts teacher (27 years) and tend to be rather aware of errors in grammar and usage. Your writing flows rather nicely, and I haven't noticed any of the horrors that usually cause me to grind my teeth ... such as beginning a direct quote with "Me and Ron" (or "me and anyone") or using "then" when you mean "than." Those two errors alone are responsible for the loss of a great deal of my tooth enamel.

I'm enjoying your story thus far. There definitely seems to be friendship potential for H&H.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 3/31
Boy, this Hermione is certainly different from canon! Not that this is a bad thing; it's just interesting to see a Hermione who doesn't act sure of herself (even when she isn't) or bludgeon Harry over the head to answer her questions. I wonder why McGonagall chose her for Harry's "tour guide" rather than someone else. Was it planned, or did it simply happen because she was there when the need arose? I'll be curious to find out. I wonder, too, if they will meet in the common room and get to know each other better through their sleepless nights.