Reviews for Hermione chooses
dude356 chapter 1 . 7/20
I enjoyed this story. I've never bought, nor been comfortable with, Hermione being anything less than Harry's best and most loyal friend. Sure, she makes mistakes and has her faults and I don't expect to get along with Harry 24/7 (and she doesn't) and I don't expect her to be Harry's love interest in every fic. In fact, I'm more than comfortable with Harry being in relationships with other girls as long as Hermione is still at his side as his best friend. I just can't get into any story that has her willingly, of her own free will, ignoring, turning her back on or betraying Harry. I've read plenty of stories where Hermione ignores, turns her back on or betrays Harry while under the influence of potions and/or compulsions or other types of manipulation, gets free of those potions, compulsions and/or other manipulations one way or another and goes back to being Harry's most loyal/trusted/best friend or love interest, and some of them are really good.

This is a good example of that type of story. She's not potioned or compelled (at least not in the magical sense) to ignore Harry, but she's manipulated into it by someone who knows how difficult it is for her to go against the word of authority figures that she respects, and as soon as Harry makes her see Dumbledore as less than the infalible hero that her books portray him as, she starts to see that automatically trusting an authority figure that you admire to always know what's best for everyone isn't always the best thing to do, especially when it comes to the well-being of your best friend.

Thank you for writing this so that Hermione can make a mistake and learn from it without Harry being so stubborn as to not give her a chance to both explain her actions and make amends for them because he knows that what she did is so out of character for her that she at least deserved that chance. I've read too many stories where Hermione does something to upset Harry and instead of talking it out with her to see if what she did could have been misinterpreted, unintentional or just a mistake based on the wrong/not enough information, he throws a tantrum and shuts her out even though she's never given him a reason to doubt her before, so it's refreshing to see a story where Harry is angry but is at least willing to give her a chance to explain herself, himself a chance to explain to her why her actions made him angry and both of them a chance to try to work past it to maintain their friendship or turn it into something deeper.
MeinGimli chapter 1 . 7/16
way too short. It would make an excellent first Chapter for a bigger Story.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/12
Agreed! Harry was the Heir to the House of Black. He shouldn't need to room with Ron. It was another way to control how much time Sirius and Harry spent together.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 4/19
A/N: "Why did Harry and Ron have to share a room? It was a mansion and Sirius would love the idea of setting up a permanent room for Harry to live in."

Answer: Sharing wasn't a space requirement. IMO, it was done for one reason only: Dumbledore needed a way to keep 24-hour tabs on Harry. Remember that he was neither looking at nor talking to Harry from the time of the trial up through the DoM debacle. This meant he would not be able to meander through Harry's mind like he usually did; he would need some help to find out what Harry was thinking and feeling.

Harry's legendary nightmares (even worse since Cedric's death) were obviously known by Dumbledore. At school, his dorm mates would surely have mentioned them in conversation, and the gossipy portraits would have told Dumbledore. That is assuming Ron or one of the boys didn't report it directly to McGonagall, or even Poppy, either of whom would have told Albus. Even if Harry was keeping his feelings close to the vest, he couldn't control his dreams (or visions, whatever they were); things on his mind were bound to slip out. Of course, Dumbledore may not have realized that Ron probably slept like a log; at any rate, he kept that "chainsaw" roaring all night. Actually, that alone is a good enough reason for Harry to request his own room. I think Ron was, either knowingly or not, an information conduit (spy) for Dumbledore.

Dumbledore either doesn't understand or doesn't give a fig for Harry's feelings, as we could tell in the second task. Even though Ron and Harry had been at odds all year and were maintaining only an uneasy truce by that time, Dumbledore selected Ron as the thing Harry would miss most. Anyone with a brain in his head would know it was Hermione. Tough luck to Victor; he had his own friends on the boat from which to pick. Dumbledore should have supported his student. But then he rarely ever did, did he? Okay, I'll stop.

I should say that I'm always surprised when Sirius lets Molly bully him. I can't help wondering why she didn't get the Marauder treatment. In his own home, Sirius could have run a very subtle bullying campaign with the help of Kreacher. They wouldn't have had to hurt Molly ... at least, not physically. All they had to do was keep her off-balance, distracted, and out of their hair. Well, I didn't mean to go off on a Wild Snorkack hunt. Sorry.

I'm glad Harry and Hermione got sorted.
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 1 . 11/19/2017
A nice one-shot here.
ElementalMaster16 chapter 1 . 7/2/2017
pretty nice one-shot!
Kai chapter 1 . 10/8/2016
By the way: How funny, I have reviewed this story lots of times before. Something just forces me to add my opinion every time I read the story, and it's remarkably consistent every time...
Kai chapter 1 . 10/8/2016
Hermione's authority worship is heavily exaggerated in fandom. Or at least, Rowling is heavily inconsistent with that and gives some authors ammunition to make Hermione look like a authority sucker.

I prefer to see the girl that, only about ten weeks into her new life as a witch, sets a teacher on fire because he (seemed to) hurt "her Harry". If the reason is important to her (it's always about her Harry) she defies a lot of people in authority positions, such as Fudge's ministry, Umbridge, Riddle's ministry.

It's no wonder that so many authors infer Hermione being controlled in some some way by the Dumblefuck and the Dumblefuck's little band of sycophants.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/30/2016
LOVED IT!
Great story.
Thanks for writing.
frostbitelizard chapter 1 . 2/2/2016
Well not a bad little one shot if a bit generic... But what the hell is with the M rating on this one?
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
It's not a mansion, it's a dilapidated town-house full of dangerous things. There is a very good chance that any other bedrooms could be full of soul-eating necklaces and stuff.
Kai chapter 1 . 5/15/2015
Good.

We mustn't forget: as authority-loving as Hermione is portrayed sometimes, she set fire on a teacher just a few weeks into her first year to protect Harry. And since then she always was at his side and broke almost every rule at least once, apart from in that shitty sixth book, but there Hermione's (and Harry's) behaviour is improbable and completely OOC anyway. And the famous love potion theory would REALLY explain that.
MSgt SilverDollar and Snake chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
Nice little one shot that indicates Harry woke up then woke Hermione up as well. I'm sure some one will tell you that moRon and Harry had to share a room because the house was in disrepair, dirty, hadn't been lived in, or some such tripe. I agree it was Molly asserting her wish and Sirius allowing it.
Kai chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
One can easily turn Hermione into an authority worshipping slag. The scene you use would be a very good example of that. But those people forget that she set fire on a teacher just about two months into her Hogwarts career to save her friend.
DragonTamer01 chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Awesome story!

And I couldn't agree with you more, Hermione ALWAYS chooses Harry.