Reviews for Pit Stop on Mount Doom
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/22
Nooo...!

This is why I hate pure Angst... x((

Even though I know how it would end up. but, still...

I should have remember the full scene of the episode so I would not depressed like this... *sighed*
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
wow ... I like the way you wrote this, where the brothers were thinking of the other one, rather than trying to escape each other like it felt that the show had done.

Another good one.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
URGH NO YOU IDJITS. SPLITTING UP NEVER HELPS YOU.
chemm80 chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Very nice missing scene that adds weight to one of the most heartbreaking moments in recent seasons. The idea of Sam thinking he's going through detox really strengthens his motivation for leaving, which seemed the tiniest bit weak and underexplained to me at the time. Also good catch, Sam realizing that the blood on the knife hadn't really been demon blood at all. And of course, on a shallow note, I always enjoy either brother having to carry the other one anywhere. :D
azerjaban chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I really like this story, glad Dean didn't think Sam was Detoxing. I can see how this preluded them seperating.

Thnx for the read.
PADavis chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
That was a beautiful way to look at such a tough episode. Sam's fear about his addiction was delineated perfectly. And how sad he thought of himself as ballast. And the corresponding fear on Dean's part, not that Sam was a burden, but that he wouldn't be safe with Dean. Lot of punch in a brief tag. Phew.

Phoebe
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
Excellent. Really well done. You took the most difficult issue and turned it into a great story. I imagine you had to work really hard to find a way, but while reading I wouldn't say it because the guys sound natural and belivable. I love the beginning (as always). Sam not feeling so well and Dean talking to Rufus, and then Sam passing out. Cut. Focus on Dean's thoughts and worries. Perfect timing and enjoyable reading.

I loved when Dean "shrugs one-shoulder" and explains that Sam was "oversalted" (I know it's the wrong word :)) and not going into withdrawal. He knew what Sam was feeling and thinking and I love this kind of conection between them, especially in your style.

The end fixed many things and the whole story explains what I had considered almost unexplainable.

Hypernatremia. "Sam" is a walking encyclopedia.

I really love how your words aren't only words. Thanks!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Very plausible and well-written tag, Hanna.

Dean's worry for his little brother will always shine through, no matter what. And Sam's pain (and fear of going into detox again) hurt me deep inside, too.

After everything, both Winchester boys were so hurt and lost, with and without the other. *sobs*

You capture that emotional turmoil perfectly.
SensiblyTainted chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Not my favorite episode. The boys seperating. I think your supplement helps, but is still deeply frustrating. You'd think after all these episodes that this one refrain would change. Sam needing Dean, but through temper or self-loathing or twisted sense of protecting Dean, he leaves. Dean hurt and abandoned and letting go thinking it's best for Sam. Then they rediscover they're better togther. Again. Sorry had to rant. Sucks to be you having to hear it. LOL!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
I loved it *-*

The way you described the scene when they go in separated ways was pretty good...

At the top of everthing the whole story was great )

Kisses

Rosetta
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Yepp. Entirely possible.

My take on the "separation-incident" has always been that Sam needed to come to terms with what he did - what he was capable of. And Dean... needed a time-out. But your reasoning about Dean's thoughts make a lot of sense too.

I still don't know if I agree with Sam. I mean, he was kinda right, because what kind of help would he be if he didn't even trust himself anymore? But then again, leaving, just because seemingly his role in that mess was over? Took some balls to think he could just leave it all behind, leave his brother in that mess. And Dean was still bitter - still is a little right now.

Anyway, nice little fic. And yeah, that salting... poor Sam.
luvjase chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
I'm so very glad that you addressed the salt issue. It really bothered me that Jo and Rufus poured all that salt down Sam's throat and felt that there had to be consequences to that action. And thank you for the final scene. I hated seeing them split up and felt that they really were doing it for each other. Another wonderful job. And for the record, there hasn't been a single story, missing scene or tag that you have written that I haven't fallen in love with. Your work is definitely worth the wait. Thank you.
Landwing chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Okay. I know the body needs salt, but yeck. The amount Rufus and Jo shoved down Sam's throat...yeck. Nasty way to get a mean electrolyte imbalance. On the subject of Sam's withdrawal, though, I'm very curious to see what will be said on that point. Why isn't Sam going through withdrawal after going cold turkey from demon blood again? I wonder if that's something Lucifer is keeping in check or if there's some other reason. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

I kind of understood them splitting up for a while. I know when I've had bad fights with my family, all I want to do is get clear of everybody for a while, long enough to let my brain settle down and stop my hands from convulsively forming into fists. (Thank God for my car and nice loud rock to belt out!) Thing is, once I've gotten myself sorted out, I go back to my family and try to sort out what caused the fight in the first place. So my opinion is that Sam and Dean split in order to clear their heads, a necessary but more self-centered reason on both sides. I think the staying apart probably came from thinking the other might be better off on his own and might be happier and "I'm not gonna ask him to come back just because I miss him. That'd be selfish." Hopefully, before the series ends, they'll realize and hang onto the fact that once they realign toward each other, they really should stay together, in spite of whatever comes their way. Good job.
TheKritty chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
This was a beautiful story, I really enjoyed reading it! They were quite in character ant it was all fitting.

I love the last gave me a bit of peace (know what I mean?), because this scene is always SO hard for me to watch and broke my heart the first time I did so-although my heart was still a little hurting from season 4.

Thank you for this!

Kritty *waves*
Zaphire chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Very nice add on to the episode. So very much needed. I am still amaze on how well you manage to put all these pieces together. Great Job! Hope you are enjoying the return of the season :)