Reviews for The Watch XI
Chaz chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Bloody good.. very "Pratchetteresque?"... I'd buy the book and I think Father Terry would approve
Thobbit chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Lovely idea. Wish II could help with positions, but I know next to nothing about soccer. (That's right: I"m American.)
ablondeinaunionjack chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Excellent start - you write very well as Vimes. I look forward to the next chapter.
A.A. Pessimal chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Mixed teams? Whyever not? The women who make it to prominent positions have shown they can generally be tougher, harder, meaner and nastier than the men (I'm speculating about an Assassins' Guild football team as I write...)

For preference, I'd keep Detritus and Dorfl as full-backs. Imagine anyone getting past that defence?

Don't forget the Librarian is a special constable. This means that when not keeping goal for the university side, Vimes could legitimately claim him under a loan arrangement. And if not available...well, this is a low comment, but the universal attraction for canines involved in chasing balls means that Angua could usefully fill in?

We also know from UA that the Watch is now employing a Medusa from Ephebe. Have her glare at the ball, just before the other side's star player kicks what turns out to be a lump of shaped marble?
Virtuella chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Oh, I really liked the little aside about the minor members of the, what, the Apocrapylypse? Very well observed.

Why don't you let Cheery have a go? She's sometimes described as having a little "bullet head", which could be interesting in this context.
Loten chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Hm, I would've thought Angua would have refused to play. Chasing a ball is a bit too stereotypical for a werewolf, after all xD