Reviews for A Hogmanay Carol
lilbit1016 chapter 3 . 10/14/2013
Love it :)
Cilla Cygnus chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
LOVE the book joke. I'd say that Mr. Darcy ends up in my bed most nights ;) you clever thing!
nomorealurker chapter 3 . 11/26/2012
This is lovely. You are a lovely writer; there is not a mundanity to be found. I long to write like this, and I long to read more writing of this quality.
wow.fanfic chapter 3 . 2/24/2012
Oh that was just wonderful. You write very well with a wicked sense of humor and a lovely romantic streak. Thank you very much, I for one thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful story!
abacab chapter 3 . 2/7/2011
This is adorably cute.

And i love that you end it writing about the 'at home' feeling. That is exactly how I sometimes feel (and phrase it) when I'm with that very special someone who captures my heart.
Swallow B chapter 3 . 11/23/2010
That was cleverly done and quite thorough. You are asked for Dickens and we get Dickens - with Dylan Thomas, Jane Austen and Choderlos de Laclos thrown in for the same price (did I forget anyone?). I am coming back to this shop. And Minerva is very IC, as well as the other characters. Sweet and yes, I'd say in the spirit of the original, in its own way.
Cassandra30 chapter 3 . 8/23/2010
Wow!
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 8/23/2010
Nicely done.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
I love it! So sweet! Way to go, Minerva!
Kelly Chambliss chapter 3 . 2/14/2010
I just love the way you structured the story around "A Christmas Carol." It fits so perfectly, especially the way you end with the promise of happiness to come. I also love that Minerva and Rolanda are both nervous, in their own ways, and that Minerva is so scrupulously honest with herself (and thinks of her mother - ha). Great lines:

/The Inner Eye had been singularly myopic/

/This, she realised, was completely the wrong moment to assess just how much of that butterfly feeling in her stomach, and of that very warm – hot, actually – glow could be attributed to friendship./

Ah, the art of the exquisitely-placed embedded phrase - "she realised" and "hot..."

/So I wanted to Transfigure the shoes into elegant lace-up boots./

Such a useful skill. Wouldn't I love to see the result? (minus the booze on my ankles, of course)

/her strong, square shoulders/

M.

And of course, the spiky silk.

Such a fine story.
tigertales chapter 3 . 2/14/2010
Loved it! Such a beautifully crafted tale... with just a touch of bite and a lovely dollup of spice!
tetleybag chapter 3 . 2/14/2010
Just got the notification and decided to postpone my cooking plans in order to tell you how much I enjoyed this perfect update for a day like this!

Again, this chapter is full of warmth and humour, and your trademark wonderful lines.

Such as:

/by now a day of solitary reading and listening to music was just that/ So illustrative of Minerva's feelings!

/She knew perfectly well that she would not be pleased if, let's say, Sybill's Inner Eye were accurate enough to see that feeling of loneliness./ (Love the use of "myopic"... glad to see that there are people who are even blinder than me *g*)

/Not having the Divine Gift, Minerva had to rely on circumstantial evidence such as a small, huddled figure shivering in the dripping folds of his or her cloak./ Slay me twice with one sentence! Hilariously funny and delightfully intertextual!

Loved that it had Amelia in it, and a happy and *alive* Amelia, too!

And oh, the eternal moment of hesitation before the kiss. Minerva's thoughts, then Ro breaking the ice, and that entire scene that follows are so full of suspense and relief, and so scorchingly sexy and still realistically awkward (which is a combination I absolutely adore in sex scenes.) Love the silky spikes and the butterfly touches, your dialogue and your delightful triple dots ...

I can't wait for next week's new story!
Kelly Chambliss chapter 2 . 2/7/2010
Such a satisfying take on "being confidential together behind the curtains." And it's nice to see a Minerva who isn't blinded by loyalty to Albus. Of course he has admirable qualities, but...

I like your analysis of the difficulties Filius faces with the decorations, and every casting choice is perfect. I also like Minerva's thoughts on the development of friendship and the problems of relationships (and especially break-ups) between colleagues - not only perceptive, but very IC for her; of course she'd be thoughtful, reserved, and cautious. And she must have been called upon to supervise a staff theatrical production at some point - she knows *exactly* what it's like!

/Which was one phrase more than McGonagall had meant to say. Dratted Christmas lunch. Dratted curtains, and the girls' dormitory atmosphere they created./

Minerva may be annoyed with herself, but I'm not. I'm very glad for the curtains and the dormitory atmosphere.
moira of the mountain chapter 2 . 2/7/2010
Oh, I simply adore your casting ! Perfect, especially Hagrid as the Ghost of Chrstimas and Severus as Scrooge (but only if so doing would help him have the same awakenings...) Eager for next Sunday's treat (which I shall have to wait for - being on a ship at that time - tee hee !)
tetleybag chapter 2 . 2/7/2010
Oh, the warm glow of recognition!

I just popped over here to search for some...well, ANY Minerva femslash, and what a delight to find this at the top of the list. Wonderful to read Minerva's thoughts on intimacy again, and that entire conversation behind the curtains!