Reviews for Tear These Pages Out And Begin Again
lovethemajor chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
This is so well-written, and absolutely on the money from my perspective. I don't think ANYONE liked Fold Equity, and fics like this are almost cathartic for the reader. I can easily visualize Gillian reacting this way, and wish we'd been given an episode that dealt with her feelings this directly. I, too, loved the paragraph dealing with this key to her heart in her hand, but I also liked this one: "Your personal decisions are none of my business,” her words startled him out of his reverie. She’d been quiet for so long that he wondered whether the future of their friendship would be this. Sitting at opposite ends of a couch, not talking. “But your business ones are,” she continued. “You can’t pull stunts like that roulette table, Cal, you just can’t. You know, you buy Zoe out without talking to me first; forcing us to take awful cases lest we lose the company, and then you complain to me about it. You have a million dollars – a million dollars, Cal – and you blow it in a casino instead of putting it back into the company. It’s irresponsible, it’s idiotic and it’s frustrating. This is my company, too, and I want, no I need, to make sure that we still have one.” She shook her head. “You have to help me out, Cal. I can’t be the only grown up running this business, it’s exhausting.” So very good. Loved this fic.
tess.untitled chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Wonderful writing style you have & wonderful story you have written. Very well done. :)
csiAngel chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
I'm glad you wrote this. We needed to see them deal with the events of Fold Equity like this. Excellent angst, such real emotions from both of them and believable thoughts and actions. I love it :-)
LightWoman chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Beautifully written as always. Love this exchange:

The knowledge that Cal had made the decision to push her away, to see the love in her eyes and retaliate by sleeping with Poppy just to hurt her, to make her distance herself, made her want to shut the hatch, lock up her heart and walk away from him. But she’d done the opposite. She’d walked towards him, yet again, to his house, with her heart on her sleeve and the key to it in her hand. She knew he wasn’t ready to take it, wasn’t sure she was ready to give it; but she was ready to uncurl her fingers and show it.

Perfect.
mrsreynolds chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
I think many of us have issues with Fold Equity. It just doesn't fit, whether it's meant to be pre Black Friday or post Secret Santa, there's a lot of development in Cal and Gillian's relationship which kind of makes both placements ridiculous. I don't know what the writers thought they were doing, to be honest!

On a more happy note, I really loved what you did here. It's thoughtfully written and is full of intelligent insight.
binhereb4 chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Totally blown away by this piece, I mean maximum respect to you.

In awe of (AND SLIGHTLY JEALOUS OF) your writing abilities
Fearsome Foursome chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Very nicely done! I, too, had a hard time with Fold Equity, especially when it was shown after Honey, and then we just went back to happy family stuff. I think you did a wonderful job bridging them all together! Thanks for writing.