Reviews for MWDC: Harry Potter and the Guardian's Light
twistyguru chapter 3 . 11/19/2012
Really like Raven's smack-down of Dumbles over not telling Harry about the prophecy! The old coot needs to be bitch-slapped a few more dozen times, imho.
Basilisk1 chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Yes, Hagrid's 'accent' and mode of speech are different. But I kind of took it for granted that it was Enchantress' doing. If it wasn't, oh well, my bad. Hagrid's hard enough to write.(As are Fleur, Krum, and a lot of other non-native english speakers). Unless their accent is so faint as to be unnoticable.
CatWriter chapter 4 . 12/10/2010
You know, I'm just not digging this story. I think it would be better to have Harry come to the DC/Marvel Universe than the other way around. As it stands now, it's like you are just forcing DC characters into the Harry Potter canon and it's really not working. Better to have one boy and maybe, MAYBE a friend or two from from the HP canon come to Gotham or Metropolis than to have all these heroes just turn up in Hogwarts. Really try it again because I like the idea of a mix of the three worlds, but it can be set in HP land.

You could have the Wizarding world be very insular and just never know about the heroes, muggleborns know, just never mentioned as they assumed everyone knew, and have Harry abdand the Durseleys move to America, or you could have Harry go through the Veil at a younger age after some accidental magic sends him to the Department of Mysteries.

Matter of fact have him bring Sirius too. Says he's about 3 or 4 years old, he remembers Siri and while in closet wishes he could be with him again forever. The magic take Harry from the Durseley's cupboard and Siri from Azakaban and they both land in the DOM in the middle of the night. Harry wonders through the veil, Sirius tries to catch him and they both fall, and land in your Marvelous world of DC.

Sirius isn't well from being in prison, and Harry isnt' well from the durseleys. They are found during a mission of some Superhero group, ie, Avengers, X-Men, Justice League whatever you like. And both are adopted by the group as they now have no past on record in the world and no place to go. Sirius knows how to make a magic wand using blood as it is dark magic and him being a Black, they are taught that, and he makes himself a wand, and harry becomes good at wandless, and will be trained by Zatanna or Dr. Strange. Sirius joins the group, as it's a job and he used to be an auror. Like it? Use it.

Catwriter
One Lucky Unicorn chapter 19 . 11/18/2010
Now, I’m hardly a Harry Potter fan, so I admit that when I first came across this story I wasn’t very interested, but then I decided to gave it a chance and check it out. Let me tell you, I would read your fic over a dozen times before touching any of the books again (and I have read them, with the exception of the last two or three). I’m impressed with how you’ve interwoven the Potter-verse in with all these characters from other canons, and actually make most of the HP characters like Dumbledore and Filch far more likable then what they actually were in the books. I especially love the idea of Harry staying with the B.R.P.D when not at Hogwarts, and how you have Harry hanging out with other kids, aside from just Ron and Hermione. Your fight scenes are great exciting fun too, and I like how everyone gets a chance to look cool.

I think you might benefit from proofreading your work or having a beta go over it before posting, because I have noticed a few out-of-place/misspelled words and what not, but they were never once bad enough to distract me from your story.

I’m quite eager to see what happens next. You are going to explain what happened to poor Charlie, Ulik, and Orikal eventually, aren’t you (I just noticed that the last chapter mentioned nothing about them)? Ask for Trelawney’s prophecy, I don’t want to spoil anything, but I’m wondering if we’re going to see some more Arthurian mythology thrown into the mix at some point…
Wonderbee31 chapter 19 . 11/12/2010
Hmm, Tom working with Doom huh? Now will just be looking forward to who tries to stab the other in the back first, though gotta give Doom his props, the man's a lot more honorable than most villains out there, much more than Tom. Looking forward to what happens as Harry continues to grow in experience and power, and what it might mean as he comes into full command of it, especially in the future when he starts to grow up more.
Phygmalion chapter 19 . 11/10/2010
Yay! One finished, and another ready to go! Looking forward to the new stories, especially the Batman one! I love crossovers where Batman fights people from other universes! ;)

Quick question: Why would Doom ally himself with Voldemort? Given Voldemort's extreme racism against anyone non-magical (is Doom a wizard like Harry?) and Doom's disdain for any others who claim titles like "most powerful wizard alive", I can't see Doom allying himself with old Snakeface unless he had something extremely important to gain and a surefire way to backstab Voldy. Ok, so it wasn't a quick question. Oh well. Great job, and good luck!
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 19 . 11/10/2010
This is a wonderful way to end a story. It's very heartwarming the way Raven and Harry promise to defend each other against their prophecies, and I like the end where Harry charges into danger, embracing his role as a hero with the starheart making a gauntlet like his new dad Hellboy's.

I also liked the cliffhanger ending with Voldemort, Doom, and Destiny. Knowing Doom, something is going to happen. And it's going to be big.

Anyway, I love this story. I can't help thinking about how this will effect Harry's future. Will the starheart effect Harry's partonus? Will Harry's new family stop him from ever even meeting Sirius? How will harry defeat Trigon? How will the Green Lantern Corps survive, when the only decent Guardian is trapped inside a gem? Will Harry join the Teen Titans? Will Dobby?

I can't wait to read more from the Marvelous World of DC.
Sorakage Sama chapter 19 . 11/10/2010
OK, I'm of two minds about this chapter for one reason. The guardians and their bad habit of keeping secrets until they come back and bite the Lanterns in the rear: such as Abin Sur's prophesy and the agent orange incidents. Other than that I enjoyed this chapter. It was a nice touch having Raven give a few words of encouragement and vow to help with their individual prophecies. All in all I thought this was very well executed

Ja ne

Sorakage Sama
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 19 . 11/9/2010
I really liked the last chapter of the story, but why end on a cliffhanger it is completely unnecessary; I hope you will tell what happened.

-Who is Dr. Destiny?

2 mistakes: ""I know," Sebastian replied, smiling" "Sebastian" should be "Daimon", "Sebastian laughed as he stepped onto the windowsill" again change "Sebastian" to "Daimon"
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 18 . 10/18/2010
Wow. Wow. This was an amazing chapter. Really just amazing.

I loved the beginning. The opening into an idealic world with a single dead tree, and a mirror. Voldemort forgetting his rage for a moment, and the two of them just taking the time to talk for a while before they start fighting again. It’s so elegant, almost poetic. Biblical even!

And then Voldemort started off on a dark take of the usual “You look so much like your father Harry”, I think those were his best lines ever, even in the original novels!

I was a little disappointed by the ease Harry beat him with. But you know, it doesn’t surprise me in the least. Harry’s always good at finding the right magical items for any job. He’s like a magnet for overpowered enchanted stuff. And this isn’t the epic fantasy/mystery it was, this is a superhero story, and Harry just beat his arch enemy for the first time, so it’s deserving that he should utterly humiliate him to provide the fuel for Voldemort’s hatred in their future encounters. It’s a shame that writing isn’t an audio medium, because nobody can hear the terrific theme music blaring in the background as Harry soundly beats Voldemort, making it that much cooler.

Well, now Harry has the Starheart. I’ll bet Ron is feeling a little insignificant now. This put’s Harry at approximately as powerful as Raven, which is appropriate, since they are family now. But I like that even though you’ve made Harry more powerful, it’s a power based on his will, so he’s still just as vulnerable to the real threats in the the Dementor’s presence, Malfoy’s smug grin, the Slytherin Quidditch team, the Ministry of Magic when they come to take Sirius… Harry is still just as vulnerable as he once was to the emotional blows of the series, but now if Voldemort goes for the direct approach again and, say, performs the imperiux curse on Superman, Harry can hold his own.

All in all, this is a fantastic climax to the story. Well done you, well done.
Phygmalion chapter 18 . 10/17/2010
I remember the Starheart is an artifact used in the Green Lantern Universe. It was possessed by a woman, if I recall. Who was the crow man? I was wondering about that.

Great job! Looking forward to the next chapter!
Sorakage Sama chapter 18 . 10/17/2010
Well I guessed that you were going to power up Harry some way, but I never thought it would be like that. I loved the fight scene. Although my one quibble was that he seemed to have beaten voldemort a little too easily. Other than that, it was a great chapter. I can't wait to see the epilogue and what you do after. This just keeps getting better and better.

Ja ne

Sorakage Sama
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 18 . 10/16/2010
Good job on the fight, I'm looking orward to the next chapter. I first thought the Starheart was kryptonite. Please bring back the 2 prequals.

-A few mistakeswhen writing: "Great wizards have figured out how to use it to use it to contain actual, desired objects."; you typed "use it to" twice, "Suddenly, the crows form rapidly shifted"; should be "Suddenly, the crow's form rapidly shifted", "Then it began to grow until it covered Harry's entire are in emerald plates,"; "are" should be "arm", "green enthrall flames licking the stone were he walked."; it should be "green enthrall flames licking at the stone where he walked."
Wonderbee31 chapter 18 . 10/16/2010
Dang! Harry with the power of the Magical Green Lntern that Alan Scott had back in the 40's! Does wood effect him like the Golden Age GL, or will that be removed? Also, gonna be mighty interesting to see just what power up Tom will get to be able to go against Harry as bad as he takes it, and what it might mean for Britain and the rest of the world before that point is reached. Looking forward to the upcoming ending of this particular fic.
Agent Reptile chapter 17 . 9/30/2010
Excellent update. I look forward to your next chapter and seeing what alterations you do because I'm liking this world very much.
117 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »