Reviews for MWDC: Harry Potter and the Guardian's Light
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 17 . 9/29/2010
Another great fight scene Finmonster. You’re right, it is getting a little clichéd; everybody speaks like an action hero, and you even self-parody it by having Hagrid deliver action hero lines in his Scottish accent whilst wielding a machine-gun and having Filch comment on the out-of-characterness. The ‘any last words’ isn’t really getting old, just the way people keep saying it like they were action heroes. I like how different characters respond to the line differently, (especially Peeve’s SUCKER PUNCH!) but it could be better if the line were individualized. For example, Voldemort could have said; ‘No last words for you Potter.’ Satana could have said; ‘I suppose you’ll want your last words now?’ and Blue & Straw man still could’ve came in with their one-liners. But really, they weren’t that bad, especially the first one.

Worse is how Harry and Voldemort are diminished by this chapter. Apparently, Satana is manipulating Voldemort. I certainly hope that he knows what she’s up to and is only letting her think she’s manipulating him for the time being as part of his own plot, until she’s outlived her usefulness, upon which time he will unleash a brutal beat down upon her. And Harry is… running away from all of his problems and letting his friends deal with it, which is the opposite of what the titular character is supposed to do. I remember the time in chapter five, where Harry climbed onto the troll’s back and hit him so hard the troll felt it. That raised my hopes to expect more from this chapter. I understand that Harry may be overshadowed by the surplus characters in this world, but I don’t understand why he’s acting like a little girl now. I mean, he can hit so hard a troll can feel it, he’s had private magic lesson with his sister Raven, who is not only a powerful half-demon wizard but friends with the most powerful aurors of the age, he has full knowledge of the prophecy that one day he will defeat Voldemort, he has the power of heart which is more than able to annihilate Voldemort, and his deductive reasoning skills exceeds Dumbldore’s. Also, all of the other magic users seem to have secret skills, like Raven’s shadows, Jinx’s pink bad luck blasts. I’m assuming this is taken from D.C., where Homo Magi all have the potential to learn spells, but start out with only a few powers. Therefore, in all probability Harry has some magical power other than his wizards training. Taking all of this and the fact that his friends are in danger into account, why is Harry being such a chicken?

Other than that, of course, this chapter was excellent. I like how Percy wasn’t an action hero. How he fought bravely, but kept on stumbling and almost lost in the end. And his reactions to Filch giving his brothers magical firearms is priceless. I liked how Timothy used his nuclear magic on the dragon man (although, for a moment I thought he killed Charlie. That was pretty dark). I like how Snape was the first one to save Harry, and I can almost imagine Alan Rickman saying those lines in a perfect calm, switching to a slightly annoyed tone whilst ordering at Harry to run.
Sorakage Sama chapter 17 . 9/29/2010
Whoa. The fight scenes were great. That gang up scene of the teachers vs dragon man was phenomenal. Not to mention the whole Voldemort taking full control of his host bit. This just keeps getting better and better.

Wonderbee31 chapter 17 . 9/29/2010
Great action here, and too bad that they did the cliche'd bit about litting the villain go, as she's gonna cause more problems later on most likely, and good to see the blood magic protects Harry, but that it looks like it's a lot tougher to hurt Tom with it for now.
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 17 . 9/28/2010
Some mistakes in the new chapter:

-"The blast sent her tumbling through the air, before she hit the ground hard and rolled to the stop." needs to be "The blast sent her tumbling through the air, before she hit the ground hard and rolled to a stop."

-"You gave my brothers fire arms!" "fire arms" is one word like you had it before "firearms"

-"The force of the blow sent her too and then through the floor, leaving a large hole in it." should be "The force of the blow sent her to and then through the floor, leaving a large hole in it."

-"But they kept pressing forward."; replace "the" with "trolls"

-"She grabbed it by its handle before it connect" add "ed" to "connect".
Wonderbee31 chapter 16 . 9/10/2010
Heh, Cool to see everyone flailing aorund there, and will look forward to what happens with each group, though the idea of Hagrid with the giant mini gun just rocks doesn't it, maybe with him laughing maniacally?
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 16 . 9/10/2010
Great Chapter Finmonster, you're 2 for 2! First Filch, and now Percy. At this rate, even Cornelius Fudge will be likable! Not nessecarily a good thing, as the audience loves having characters they can dislike, but you've made it work so far! I got chills when Percy said "It's my job to keep the students safe, no matter what." with a hint of pride. What happened to the Percy who would run for the teachers? He decided to step aside when Percy's brother is threatened, and let Percival ‘Big Brother’ Weasly though.

I cannot wait to see Jack in action. I knew Filch would pull some crazy stunt to save the day, but giving Hagrid a giant killing gun, press-ganging a poltergiest, and giving THE WEASLY TWINS a crash course in magical fire-arms? Oh, he'll clean up this castle alright. Voldermort will rue the day he messed with the halls of the Janitor known as; THE INDOMITABLE ARGUS FILCH!

I also like the way Harry is contributing to the fight, and I like how you added Jinx. That is Jinx right? Her description matches that of the Teen Titans cartoon, but not the comic book Jinx. The fight scenes are exciting, and I can’t wait till the teachers get involved. But what’s Voldemort planning? Unless he comes back to life and soon, he must know that he’s outmatched. Even if he does find a body, he’s down the last time he attacked the castle by an experienced dark wizard and several trolls, and he’s only up by a couple of students (albeit, one of them is a half-demon, but that’s not an advantage when there are several other half-demons in Hogwarts) and a Dragon-man. What’s he planning? Where’s his trump card? I can’t wait to find out in the next chapter.
VM mercenary chapter 16 . 9/9/2010
You... That's... Amazing! You're making me like Filch! Like! Filch! I didn't even knew that was possible. Congrats to you.
Phygmalion chapter 16 . 9/9/2010
Well, Filch has - how does it go? "Taken a level in badass?" Yeah, that's right. With that said, great job, especially with your fight scenes and with the little details of how you amalagmated these universes together. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Sorakage Sama chapter 16 . 9/9/2010
Wow! What is there to say about this other than that it's pure undiluted awesome? Well first off, I love the personality you gave Filch. Making him into an enchanted gun smith was a creative move. Not to mention that the fight scenes were just plain epic. Not to mention that you confirmed what most oo us suspected all along. about Nandita/Jinx. After all, how many Marvel, DC, or harry Potter characters have pink hair other thank Jinx and Tonks? And I knew that she wasn't that latter, so that only left the former. Great job as usual. I eagerly await the next chapter.

Sean Malloy-1 chapter 16 . 9/9/2010
Loved your job on the update, I'm really looking forward to reading more.

-Got any pairing for Satana?

-Slight mistakes: "Filched rushed through the halls of the school" should be "Filch rushed through the halls of the school" and ""Let's see if we can fixed that."" should be ""Let's see if we can fix that.""
Agent Reptile chapter 15 . 8/26/2010
I wonder how this particular situation is going to play out. Also I really want to see the Ghost Rider's reaction to magic users really soon.
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 15 . 8/26/2010
Well, I can see Voldemort picked a good partner. Satana is manipulative and ruthless. Too bad she's not ruthless enough to come face to face with...

THE INDOMITABLE FILCH! He stares down a group of trolls and the most bloodthirsty dark wizard of his age with not but a gun and a cat and simply smirks and asks, "Do you have a hall pass?" When cornered and asked to surrender he blows a troll's head and says, "I surrender, move a little closer!" I'm betting that Filch was once a Green Lantern, but he was kicked out of the corps for making everyone else look bad.

Great chapter. Looking forward to seeing Harry show his newfound magical prowess to the Dragonman.
Wonderbee31 chapter 15 . 8/26/2010
First off, coolness to see Filch and Norris in butt-kicking mode there, and will look forward to what happens next with the folks trying to take Harry, and what might happen with Tom and his plans, as well as if more of the good guys will arrive or if the students will be able to handle things themselves?
Sorakage Sama chapter 15 . 8/26/2010
ACK! That cliffhanger was just plain EVIL! It looks like the Philosopher's stone is small potatoes compared to the kind of stuff that's getting pulled by the people in your story. Here's hoping that 'Dragon Man' comes out of this all right.

Sean Malloy-1 chapter 15 . 8/26/2010
You did a good job on the chapter, there were no mistakes. But I Hate Cliffhangers, they serve no point but to annoy the reader.
117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »