Reviews for MWDC: Harry Potter and the Guardian's Light
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 14 . 8/19/2010
Wow. Okay, so you have this event which was a plot point in the novels. Why was it a plot point? Because it set up tension between Harry and the rest of his house due to being caught out after hours and it set up a clue for the major mystery.

But you don't write mysteries, you write epics, and the mystery's already been solved mostly anyway. And why would they be caught when they have Raven to teleport them? So what do you do with this plot point?

Why, you use it to give the bad guys a pet dragon of course! And on the way, you kidnap a relative of one of the main characters, give Voldemort a new host, and reintroduce the army of trolls that the B.P.R.D. thought they'd gotten rid of!

This. Is. Amazing.
Wonderbee31 chapter 14 . 8/17/2010
Oh, now that was a huge twist to the dragon part of PS there, and will look forward to what happens next with Charlie, how Satanna got caught up in this, and if her family will take to what she did at all, or if she has her own plans to get back at her family and the rest of the magicals?
Agent Reptile chapter 14 . 8/15/2010
Another awesome update. I have a feeling though that no matter what they try to do with Norbert that he's been imprinted with Hagrid.
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 14 . 8/15/2010
Great work on the chapter, I did not see a single mistake. I hope to read more soon. Very funny work at the start of the chapter as well.
Phygmalion chapter 14 . 8/15/2010
I'll change that soon. Thanks for letting me know, and congragulations on another great chapter!
Sorakage Sama chapter 14 . 8/15/2010
Once again you hit the chapter out of the park. I never expected that Norbert would come to play a part like that. And I can only hope that Charlie comes through this all right after whatever Orikal does to him.
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 13 . 8/9/2010
Let's give another round of applause to Filch! Proving once again that you could be an expert wizard, but Dumbledore still won't hire you to even clean his school's floors unless you're willing and able to take on the most deranged poltergiests in the united kingdoms and track somebody wearing THE invisibility cloak, one of the three fabled Deathly Hallows. If you want to pull one over on this guy, you'd better be one of the weasley twins at LEAST.

So, Harry's being trained by magical superheros? This'll be interesting. In the novels he was mediocre, being known only for magical loopholes involving the power of love and his expelliarmus. Is it possible that thanks to this universe's magical system differing from that of the original style Harry Potter's universe, he'll develope magical superpowers in addition to normal spells?

In any event, this was another marvelous chapter. Dumbledore's apologie was breif, but it fits the tone of the rest of the story. Looking forward to getting back to the main plot now that we have Voldemort's first attack out of the way and given Harry a family.
Phygmalion chapter 13 . 8/9/2010
Well, things are really speeding up in the Potterverse, aren't they? This was a good chapter, especially with the Mirror of Erised. Filch is a Squib, by the way, not a Scrub. Good job, and looking forward to the next chapter!
Wonderbee31 chapter 13 . 8/9/2010
Good section, and glad to see Albus acknowledge that he wasn't exactly the best with dealing with Harry, and that the Prophecy is now out right away, and looking forward to all the different types of training he gets, as well as if that certain glow came from the horcrux or not?
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 13 . 8/8/2010
Great job on the new chapter, I'm hoping to be able to read more soon.

-The term for someone born of a magical line that can't use magic is "squib" not "scrub".
Sorakage Sama chapter 13 . 8/8/2010
That was a good chapter. I liked your take on the Mirror of Erised incident. I know I said this before, but I like the dynamic between Harry and Dumbledore. Most people seem content to take the easy way out and demonize the man, but you made the man more real.

Not to mention getting Harry away from the Dursleys without some form of traumatic abuse or injury (which is pretty much the standard method). This chapter turned out great. It was well worth the wait.

Ja ne

Sorakage Sama
Wonderbee31 chapter 12 . 7/24/2010
Good part there, and really liked the moment there at Christmas, and was glad to see Harry get some idea of what Santa did for him over the years, just a fun read there.
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 12 . 7/23/2010
Aaaaaaww. This is a really corny chapter, but it still managed to make me smile. Father Christmas' answer was easily the most touching thing I've read in fanfiction, and the mental image of the Straw man karaoking to that song with the Mask is hilarious.
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 12 . 7/23/2010
Very good job on the update, I hope you'll keep up the good work.

-I thought you said Harry would be staying with Doctor Stephen Strange.
Sorakage Sama chapter 12 . 7/23/2010
That was so incredibly sweet! One again you hit it out of the park. Bravo!

Ja ne