Reviews for Falling Slowly
FloridaMagpie chapter 14 . 11/11/2014
May I just say... D'awwwww?

This is a fantastic piece of work. You did such a great job of fleshing out the characters that I remember from the game that I now have to play it again. Seriously. It's four in the morning and I am downloading the game as we speak, and it is ALL YOUR FAULT.

I hope you're happy.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/14/2014
This was a really, really good story. I like Nevalle and your PC's relationship a lot. You can really tell they care about each other and it grew naturally out of the friendship. The end scene where she comes back made me sigh with happiness.

I think you have a tendency to post really large walls of text and the asking for reviews on every single chapter was a little too much. But it's a really good story and you deserve more reviews and keeping Nevalle and your KC in character the whole way through was well done.

Tanithar is a great name!
Peres chapter 14 . 1/7/2013
Nevalle - redeemed.

And that is a triumph I never expected to see; I loathe the man.

Congratulations.
Becky D Studio chapter 14 . 6/5/2011
I am not one that usually goes for any coupling other than KC and Casavir BUT but friend aid that this was a must read no matter my preference LOL and you know what ... she was RIGHT! I thoroughly enjoyed it and you have made me a fan of KC and Nevalle! I loved how you played him fighting against himself to the point he didn't even realise what was happening to him.

GREAT work! :D
Celine chapter 14 . 3/26/2011
*cries*
atheirin chapter 14 . 1/22/2011
I know this story has been finished for a long time but I only just now read it and I just wanted to say how much I really enjoyed it. I only wish it were longer! I always thought Nevalle would be a much more interesting love interest than Casavir or Bishop, and he's much better looking too!

Reading this story makes me want to go back and play the game again just so I can see Nevalle. :)
Aribeth89 chapter 14 . 9/2/2010
Hi,

I've really enjoyed reading this story. I'm a huge Nevalle - fan and I think you've portrayed him just the way he is. It's a wonderful story. Keep u such good work. :)

Cheerio,

Aribeth
beehoon chapter 8 . 6/29/2010
*slinks in guiltily to leave a belated review* As usual, I'm a broken record singing praises of your work :p I really liked the attack on Neverwinter and how you describe things in game-the smell of the undead, the disease that they give you, the healing of it. I love the way Nevalle tries so hard to not think of and fails so miserably, and you make her so magnetic, for lack of a better word :p Also, I would have loved to have chuck Nevalle in a single floor of the tower! Not like he needs that much room anyway. The allusions to Startear's experiments are well done (undulating ceiling? 3). The end of Chapter 8 is oddly sweet although I'm still convinced it can't end well :/ Can't wait till I can find the time to read the rest! Thanks for a good read :)
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 14 . 6/24/2010
I am back to review the finale of this story (too bad I forgot last time). :D

It was an enjoyable read and I loved both endings (those of 13th and 14th chapter). Here I am finally glad that the characters were able to put all the meaningless issues behind and find each other. I am glad that Nevalle stayed devoted to the Knight Captain although for some reasons I would have preferred and AU setting of him being with her through MoTB. (and I don't mind tragic endings). Him being present at the main character's side through that constant struggle with herself and her inner soul eater, would have made an excellent dramatic story, I believe.

Anyways, I wish the story was longer (a selfish wish that is) because it had the best Nevalle I read about and I will kind of miss him a bit. :)

Thank you very much for your time and this story!

~SL.
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 8 . 6/20/2010
I am enjoying this story a lot. :) It progresses slowly enough to make it utterly believable. With someone as Nevalle... ;) his every encounter with the Hero of Neverwinter makes me smile or laugh, or both. So far, I have to wonder how much of Nevalle's paranoia with her honesty is true, but I guess I have to see. :D

Definitely one of the best stories about Nevalle I've ever read and the best characterization of him.

~SL.
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
I am already in love with this story. :) Played NWN a while ago, but I totally wanted only one pairing (or an attempt at least) and it was Nevalle/Original character.

So seeing this story, so deeply written, and with an attempt at this pairing is a joy. Can't read it in one go, but I'll definitely be back for more.

And I absolutely love your Nevalle. He is professional and yet underneath he shows a sign of doubt.

Cheers,

~SLoveless.
weirdrheia chapter 14 . 6/8/2010
Howdy, Jade Sabre!

I've just now stumbled on this story, (well, relately 'now', it was a couple of days ago when it was already happily sitting at the count of 13 chapters, but I digress...) I've been replaying nwn2 oc and catching myself thinking 'damn, too bad Nevalle has so little screen time. He's got potential. And dammit, he's a much better eye candy than both Casavir (whom I regrettably can't stand) and Bishop put together ;P Could have been great to have a hint at a non party member romance.

Anyway. That's how I found this story - good ole google. Read it from beginning to ch. 13 almost in one sitting (girl got to sleep, hey!), found ch. 14 posted about two days after and silently thanked powers that be that I DIDN'T discover this story when you've just started writing it. Two years! TWO! I'd be foam at my mouth or die of anticipation :P Well, okay, maybe I wouldn't, but I have to say it reads much, much better as a complete novella than it would have chapter by chapter.

There is a certain tone to it that sets the pace and mood of the story and it's present in every chapter. A tidbit of melancholy, a pinch of longing, and a very, very nice romance. I very much liked that you let us in Nevalle's head much more so than in Tanithar's. In a way, this is his story, and one very nicely told.

Companion and npc cameos were nice too! I think Sand adoration is pretty universal, and I got to say, I LOVED what you did with Kana and Bevil. Would never in a million years ship those two, but you made it believable. Heck, you made me like the couple :).

Anyway, congratulation on finishing the story!
Pinguicha chapter 14 . 6/7/2010
What a beautiful way to end this... and to finally clear the tension! As always, your writing is admirable, crisp and detailed, and there were a few dialog instances that were just perfectly done. And also, the Kana and Bevil marriage made me laugh. I did - I always do, it seems, - find it funny to imagine a soldier with wobbly legs and an over-sized belly.

All in all, this is a brilliant fanfic, brilliantly written. One o the best - if not the best - representations of Nevalle I've had the pleasure to read.
AveyTare chapter 14 . 6/7/2010
Excellent as usual and beautifully written. The last line was perfect for me... I don't think there's much more I can say.

I've added you as a favourite author, definitely hope you write more!

Lett chapter 14 . 6/7/2010
This was beautiful, simply beautiful.

Oddly enough despite Nevalle's heartfelt words, the most poignant line for me came from Tanithar: "I just want to go home."

I can relate with that. To just wish for peace, after all the nightmare she's gone through. To stay with a man that has captured her heart and who stayed safe, but beyond her reach all throughout her trials. To the man who was in love with his city, and to her, though she was never sure of him... *swoon*

And Nevalle's last words, "Welcome back." Wraps it up quite beautifully. They're together now, and that's what matters.

I'm glad you've decided to flesh out their story. Even if its not a popular fandom what matters is whehter or not you've breathed life into your characters, if this story has touched a soul, if someone else finds it worthwhile...

And it is. Believe me, it is. :)