Reviews for Falling Slowly
AveyTare chapter 13 . 5/27/2010
I pondered whether to write another review (previous ones under Avvy) before the end of this story because I am embarrassing myself fawning over you like this!

I think you captured Nevalle wonderfully in this chapter, was really heartfelt and sad. Eagerly waiting the final chapter.

And good luck with you're job hunting!
Avvy chapter 11 . 5/7/2010
Oh yay, another installment! Great chapter, I love the subtlety of your writing. My heart was in my throat all through this one, keep it up :)
Avvy chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
I'm loving this story! Nevalle is so overlooked in the OC :( Can't wait for the last 4 chapters.
Clio Trismegista chapter 10 . 4/23/2010
Sorry, I was pretending to do at least one review each two chapter, but I'm taking two jobs right now, and had no time to do anything more than reading your amazing work. Please, keep going.
MotherOfCatsAndDragons chapter 10 . 4/23/2010
Amazingly written chapters, as always. I too loved the image of Tanithar and Nevalle at the end - I was just sad there wasn't more. And with just four chapters left... will the tension between them ever clear? :P

I'll be eagerly waiting for updates! :)
Harmakhis chapter 10 . 4/20/2010
I'm still reading, and looking forward to each update! Glad to see Nevalle and the KC are finally getting past the games and innuendos as time is growing short for them. It would also be very interesting if you're planning to take this (and them) through MOTB.
Lett chapter 10 . 4/20/2010
I'm still reading, and may I say its about time those two eased off on their mind games and made a step towards what they really, actually, need.

I do wonder how this story will tie up with MOTB?
MotherOfCatsAndDragons chapter 7 . 3/28/2010
I adore this! Not only is it terrifically written, it's also absolutely atmospheric and the tension is palpable in each chapter. And you did a very nice job keeping Nevalle in-character.

I'm eager for more!
WildGrape chapter 6 . 3/16/2010
I'm still savouring every chapter:))

While your Nevalle is perfectly pinned down, the way your KC is seen through his eyes makes her strangely (and artfully) elusive. It's her eyes, her smile, her hands, her hair, sounds of her voice or footsteps, etc - but never the woman as a whole. Don't know if it's meant to be that way, but I still like it - makes her sometimes come through as more of a ghost, sort of Nevalle's personal obsession, than a real girl of flesh and blood.

Now I'm curious if she goes as far as taking Nasher on his offer to join the Nine. Ah, poor Nevalle, if she does;)
jayelle chapter 5 . 3/1/2010
I'm really enjoying this story and your take on Nevalle. You do a good job conveying the conflict between the intensity of what he is feeling and his sense of himself as defined by discipline and duty. The PC as seen through his eyes is very compelling, I find myself wanting to know more about her.

Good work, and I look forward to seeing this updated.
Stephanie chapter 5 . 2/28/2010
I love this. Please write more.

I personally enjoy the style a great deal. I think it might seem strained if used in some other stories, but in this one it compliments Neville's character very well and it flows quite naturally. Well done. The characters themselves are well defined and seem to interact naturally. The chemistry between them is quite believable.

I think it would be interesting to sometime address what Casavir thinks of the budding relationship between the two, since in the game he always seems terribly infatuated with the KC.

I hope you will finish this and not leave your poor readers wondering what will happen in the end. Thanks for a good read. :)
beehoon chapter 4 . 2/27/2010
Nevalle is in so much trouble! You paint a beautiful and very believable picture of him wrangling with himself and how much he wants her. The painful way that the third chapter played out was great, although I couldn't help but cringe at that "dry humour". Imho, he's lucky he got away without being set on fire :p I can see how the end of Chapter 4 would be problematic-how close they came! You're building the suspense marvellous for when they (presumably) cave. Excellent work as always _

P.S. I know you've finished writing this particular, but wonder how this KC would interact with Qara?
Lett chapter 3 . 2/14/2010
Oh my... I think I've fallen in love with your Nevalle.

It kind of reminds me of how I pictured Casavir, with all his internal battle and subtle exchanges/seduction with the KC. But you've factored in what makes Nevalle unique in the game-court politics and his very real grounding on the duty and responsibility that comes with his position.

I'm loving this story and I hope you'll update soon again. :)
WildGrape chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Very much enjoying your writing - in previous story and now in this one, too. Your style is interesting and in some way even intricate, making it impossible to miss even the only line if you want to keep up with the flow. I'll need more to say something more certain about the substance - but so far like it, too.

Tying up the Nine worked very well - in the OC they came across as a number of separate individuals that only happened to wear the same tunics, but you made them into a truly believable group of people who (as their position suggests) had been through much together.
beehoon chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Yay, story! I will be keeping an eye on this :) Nevalle/KC is second only to Bishop/KC, so the fact that you're taking this on is a treat :D Nevalle seems extremely confused at the moment, and I suspect that he's in for a bumpy ride with the KC :p
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »