Reviews for Awkward Silences
Demeter1 chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
This is one of those so-rare fics that grabs character and exposition and tosses it into a bowl and the ending result that comes out is this amazing, amazing story about how this motley crew of people got to know each other... and I felt the little tender aches, like how Vossler never got a chance to brush her hair, how Fran's works got more and more intricate, and how you tied her hair into their sorrow and then into their friendship.

Absolutely lovely!
Apakoha chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Holy cow, this was awesome. It covers a lot of character-building, events in the game and emotional ground, so kudos to you, it was excellent.
Jewel Song chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I love this little gem of a story! I think your characterizations are spot on - and the idea behind it is wonderful. Great job!
Slavka13748 chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
OK, so I read this yesterday and didn't review. Why? Because I'm lazy and I was on my PSP, which is a pain to type on. But then I came back, and saw you still had no reviews, so I thought, why not? I know how annoying it can be to put something up and get no feedback.

Anyway, on with the actual review! I very much like the idea behind this one-shot, as I've always seen Penelo as sort of the one person that kept everyone sane after all the party have been through. I mean, she had to have some purpose, right? Thanks to this, you manage to make the scenarios seem as if they could have happened within the game.

I also enjoyed the overall writing style of the piece, and it seems to fit in with the style of the game. However, I would watch out for overly long and convoluted sentences - I'm guilty of it myself, and it's a minor issue at most, but I've got to give a little constructive criticism, no?

So, to sum it all up: I enjoyed it, I've added to my favourites, and I hope you write more!