Reviews for Truth Beyond
emptyword chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
This story is really a little bit genius.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Am I the only one to appreciate the depth of this?

Perfect parallel between sexual passion and writing. Of course, they come from the same place, the place of magic. They need rules as a tool to being channeled and going deeper, and they need freedom too. And every person needs to find her (let's be a feminist) own personal balance, in a safe place.

This piece in itself is Madam Pudifoot's secret room, it seems. Not everybody gets it, but what riches for those who do.

As a writer though, I don't believe one loses control of one's core, by "fragmenting it into the abstraction of too many words on too many parchments". This makes writing sound like making Horcruxes. It does feel that way sometimes, as if you have split your soul, but the soul is much stronger than that. I see it rather as a flame that multiplies without being diminished. I actually believe it gets strengthened, even if your parchments are misunderstood. Quite the opposite of a Horcrux.
the real snape chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
A little spell at Madam Puddifoot's. Just what I need in the middle of a long admin-filled day.

/But did she tell the truth about him as an obsolete, manipulative old fraud? No doubt again./

I love Rita's way to justify her writing. It's so perfectly in line with canon, and it sounds so plausible!

/gentlewitches/ Should be in every dictionary.

/home of the twee and trite/ Grin.

/a sea of c's / great. As is the collection.

/witches come and play, play and come/this whole section is such a delight. The art of juxtaposition.

/such as whether she should spell away her long scarlet fingernails or keep them for kinks as yet unlearnt./ So very Rita! And the thoroughness.

/one can still feel very human arousal while in Animagus form./ One lives and learns.

Just a few random squees, really. It was such a delight to reread this!
Headmistress X chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Lovely Rita, beetle maid?

Really, there is no netlingo acronym sufficient to convey how close I have just come to dying-dying-of laughter.