Reviews for After The Sun Shined
omegafire17 chapter 19 . 8/17/2012
Great story, and nicely in character for all of them :D Take your time

Oh, but one typo I noticed with Colette: "There's no greater blessing than having a bay growing inside of you". I'm quite sure 'bay' meant baby, but you might want to fix that regardless XD
Naekane chapter 19 . 8/17/2012
"Aster" is probably the most common name given to Emil and Marta's hypothetical first son in fanfiction. It might be predictable, but it's just so easy to see them do it. (And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to name their first son Aster in my fics :P) What better way for Emil to live the life Aster wasn't able to live by giving the name to his first son - which in biological sense is also Aster's child. Time will tell if this will occur in your fic or not. . .and they might end up having a girl anyway. XD Or maybe you'll follow suite on Sheena's suggestion and they'll name their first daughter Aster?

I can also totally picture Marta wanting a big family (or at least two kids). X3 She's an only child and lost her mother when she was 14. She's used to having a small family and would want a big one, I guess.

Not to worry, I do like Colloyd. It's great that they're finally getting married (okay, Lloyd's going to propose to Colette, but I can't imagine her saying no)!

Yay for another great chapter! Have I mentioned how much I love this fic? 'Cause I do! :D
Strawberry Eggs chapter 2 . 8/17/2012
Oh and how could I forget, yay Lloyd is going to propose to Colette! While Colloyd has never been my most favorite pairing in both games, I do like it. :) It's nice to see you wrapping up this little sub-plot too.

On a completely random note, what do you think would make a better portmanteau fan name for the Emil x Marta pairing? Emarta sounds a bit awkward and while Maril is cute, it's also one "l" away from the name of a Pokémon. XD I'd probably pick the second option despite that, though. XD
Strawberry Eggs chapter 19 . 8/17/2012
Late, shmate. So long as its fluffy, well-written, and sweet, I don't care. Heck, I'm not one to talk about taking forever to update something, ah ha.

Aww, go ahead and take the paternity leave, Emil! By the looks of it, he deserves it for how hard he's been working. As a restaurant manager, I know what it's like to work long, grueling hours. I though it was neat how you tied that kid's fortune into later in the story when Emil gets home. He'll be giving out lots of advice as a father in a few years, so he may as well get into practice now, heh.

Heh, if only a woman could have a baby without the whole pregnancy thing. Too bad humans aren't monotremes. XD Though laying an egg could be painful, too. It gets romanticized a lot, but pregnancy's really not all that it's cracked up to be, at least from what I heard. Nice to see that bit of realism here.

The end bit with Tenebrae was funny, too. How rude of them to get intimate before he arrived. You'd think it was their house or something. (XD)

Once again, this review is just a series of random thoughts. There's only so many times I can say "this is excellent!" and "your writing is amazing!" before it gets repetitive, and there was no glaring errors or needed constructive criticism. I hope you don't mind the disjointed thoughts.

So yeah, if I didn't get the point across, I really enjoyed this chapter! :D Can't wait for the next one!
keitorinartist chapter 6 . 8/15/2012
I died ... XD "how rude" XD I didn't see it coming but the second I read it matt said How rude the same way he does XD lol epic win! totally in character!
Naekane chapter 18 . 7/28/2012
Wow...Lloyd forgot his own birthday...That's shocking, even for him. XD

You put a lot of effort into this chapter. I think it's really good but I have to admit...my favorite part is near the end. This chappie's a great insight on Lloyd and how every one of the ToS characters have both changed and not really changed but still...I just love Emil and Marta so much! X3

So...we might finally be getting somewhere with the baby sub-plot? I guess we'll see. I can't wait for it, but at the same time that means this fic will be ending... T_T Ah well, all good things must come to an end, right? If I didn't get the point across, great chapter once again!
Strawberry Eggs chapter 18 . 7/28/2012
Ahh, just what I needed after a long, annoying day at work. Darn restaurant biz and being busier on the weekends...

Anyway, this chapter is an interesting change of pace. While the focus shifted back to Emil and Marta at the end, it largely has to do with Lloyd, which I didn't mind at all. This does explain why he and Colette haven't gotten married yet. He's been making up for something he didn't really do, and feeling sorry for himself. That's Lloyd for you. :P Colette even says something like this during that chapter 8 scene at Flanoir: Something like "you're strong, but that strength is wrapped in a big ball of kindness, and kind people are easily hurt."

Come to think of it ... are he and Colette even a couple in this story? It sorta-kinda happens in DotNW if you choose Colette as Lloyd's Expshere-searching partner, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Heck, I've imagined since I first finished DotNW back in '09 that Colette and Lloyd would be married well before Emil and Marta. Guess I just sort of take these things for granted.

And yeah, I can also imagine Lloyd forgetting his own birthday. XD

Ah Chocolat. She was pretty much just a named NPC in DotNW, but it was still neat to see her, along with other formerly semi-significant NPCs like Max and Lyla. They didn't have any real part in the story, but it was still cool.

By the way, by "different approach than what [you] planned," did you mean the fic as a whole, or just this chapter? Either way, I see any problems, so I guess it worked? Ah ha ha.

Well, most of that was more random thoughts than review, but overall, it was a great chapter. I have no major complaints, though I did spy a typo or two. As always, I shall await the next chapter ... and by the looks of it, things will be developing quite interestingly. ;)
Naekane chapter 17 . 7/18/2012
Yay, Emil wants to start a family! Okay, so he already revealed this to the guys a few chapters ago, but he finally said it to Marta. Woo-hoo! This was a really cute chapter. I really liked it!

Oh, and here's another vote for the honeymoon night fic. I know that Oracle person said that has been purging stories that break the rules, but I think it's worth a shot. They seem to mostly be concentrating on the categories with the most stories, Harry Potter, Naruto, and things like that. ToS might get the most fanfics out of the tales series, but it's nothing compared to those fandoms.

Well, whichever way you choose, I'll also be looking forward to that aftermath chapter, if it's what I think it will be. I'm not if you'll include that here, but I'm still interested in how you think Emil and Marta's kids will be like. I have my own ideas, but I'm saving those for my fics (hoping it's more of a case of when than if...).

Great job once again!
Oracle2Phoenix chapter 17 . 7/18/2012
Yay, something that's not Harry Potter. I hope you're Ok, it wasn't to serious was it?

Really must get round to playing KoR again, I haven't played it since I started my dissertation. Don't care what anyone says, it is a great game. I distinctly remember waiting 30 months for it to come out.

You can publish the Honeymoon night separately if you want, I'll probably ignore it, though I would urge caution, a while back their was a mass purge or fanfics that breached terms of service rules, I don't know if it's still going on but be careful if you do.

Ok now to review about the actual chapter. I think Emil and Marta would make great parents, can't help but wonder how the children of the Symphonia group would turn out like. Course it would partly depend on who the parents are.

Are you going to cover Marta having a baby? Will that be in this story?

Whatever I look forward to your next chapter.

Oracle of Phoenix
Strawberry Eggs chapter 17 . 7/18/2012
I was in the middle of playing Xenoblade when the chapter alert for this fic came in my inbox. As much as I'm loving the game, this comes first. XD I understand now why it took so long for this fic to be update, and I'm glad you've recovered.

D'waaa...cute, sweet, and fluffy talk about starting a family. _ It's short perhaps, but I swear I was grinning the whole time I was reading it. I initially thought it was interesting that in this fic, Emil wants to be a father. Thinking about it though, it made sense to me. He quite literally never had a father, or parents of any sort (as Ratatosk's conscience inhabiting an Aster look-alike body and as Ratatosk the summon spirit, assuming he puffed into existence when the Giant Kharlan Tree germinated). He would want to be what he never had, and with Marta there, he might feel he wouldn't have to worry about hardships or inexperience. It's sweet when you think about it. :)

As for the honeymoon night, while it's ultimately up to you, count my vote as yes. ;)

Excellent work as always! You never disappoint. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Naekane chapter 16 . 6/5/2012
Yay, it's the wedding! And this was such a good chapter, too. I don't really know how wedding go, either (I've only attended too, and they were years ago), but I'm sure it doesn't matter.

Erm, anywho, like I said, this was a great good chapter. It was sweet and heartwarming, but even appropriately funny in some spots. I was looking foward to the wedding chapter, and it did not disappoint! Can't wait for the next chapter.
Strawberry Eggs chapter 16 . 6/5/2012
Eh, its okay if you're unsure of how weddings proceed. You can just say "that's how its done in Aselia!" And for a pivotal chapter like this, it's completely understandable that it would take a little while longer to get out. From the quality, I say you used the extra time well.

The wedding itself was absolutely wonderful. I don't even know where to begin with it, so I'll just say that overall, it was amazing. The writing itself, the dialogue, the depiction of the characters was all so excellent. I was smiling the entire time I was reading it, I swear. Before the wedding back at Zelos's mansion was quite amusing. We even get to find out what Emil's thoughts are on parenthood. The brief exchange among Richter, Ratatosk, and Tenebrae was neat, too.

...That's not to say it was flawless. Once again, there was at least one unintentionally hilarious typo: "Marta Lualdi, do you sweat to love..." Also, the Ginnungagap is technically not part of the demonic realm. It separates Aselia from Niflheim and contains the door to said world. It is here where Emil will likely return to after he dies. Me and my nit picks. XD

So, not much longer for this fic, huh? You didn't say if the next chapter would be the last, but as always, I shall eagerly await the next one.
Oracle2Phoenix chapter 15 . 6/2/2012
Aw I was kinda hoping MArta would have a baby. Never mind.
Strawberry Eggs chapter 15 . 6/2/2012
Well, that was unexpected. Or at least, I didn't expect it.

I kind of liked the idea of Emil and Marta having an "engagement night baby." It might have been unexpected and difficult, but I figured they could raise the child with each other's and their friend's help. But I suppose it would be too convenient and something of a cliche for them to become parents shortly after the wedding.

I actually rather like this twist after thinking on it. Marta is one to jump to conclusions and not follow up the initial test with more or maybe see a doctor or something. Makes me wonder, though. Most women not trying for a baby usually start to suspect they are pregnant due to a missed period. Is hers really late (stress can do that, as can a false pregnancy), or did she just plum forget that little detail? Anyway, this was good to help Marta sort out her feelings on the matter. How much did she really want to be a mother? How ready ready is she and Emil for such a massive step. Now they can discuss this in earnest and not have it be sudden. That will make for an interesting conversation, I imagine. I thought it was really sweet how supportive the original female ToS cast was of her, too.

On a different note, I find the thought Emil had about Marta still loving him if he were to die to be kind of funny. After all Emil is the immortal (assuming his soul/consciousness/whatever rejoins Ratatosk after his human life ends.)

Woo, I had a lot to say back there! Anyway, this was an excellent chapter. As always, I await the next one.
Naekane chapter 15 . 6/1/2012
You know I should probably be in bed by now. Saturday or not, I got like three hours of sleep last night. If my review is weirder, I ramble more, or have worse grammar than usual, you'll know why, lol.

But anyway, what a twist! But I guess it put things in perspective for Marta and sort her feelings. And yeah, she does seem like the type who would want to be a mother, though this outcome may be for the best for the time being.

What I really liked about this chapter was the talk she had with the other girls. It was well-written and it's sweet to see them so supportive.

So yeah, another great chapter!
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »