Reviews for Threatened Dancer
iceprincesswitch chapter 9 . 3/14/2008
Awesome story, can you do a couple of chapters telling what happened in between?
shanniebelle14 chapter 9 . 4/22/2007
hey this is great ! write more soon :)
darkriddler chapter 9 . 11/22/2005
After surgery like the one you described, it is more likely that it would take even longer for her to get back too dance than if she had not had the surgery in the first place.
darkriddler chapter 7 . 11/22/2005
Better characterization! Nice.

Usually it is a dance company, not a dance troupe.
darkriddler chapter 6 . 11/22/2005
If she got the injuries that she said she did, she would be out of ballet for far more than a month. A hip injury is pretty damn serious, especially because of turnout, etc. Likely, her turnout would be permanently affected and she will be off pointe for a minimum of six months.

And I repeat...Juilliard is in NYC and Steps is in Chicago. And that's Juilliard with 2 i's.
darkriddler chapter 5 . 11/22/2005
Watch the transitions and try to make them smoother.
darkriddler chapter 4 . 11/22/2005
Maybe it's just me...but somehow I can't see Sara commiting suicide over something like that.
mulus chapter 2 . 11/22/2005
On the topic of researching, try researching eating disorders to get a real view of how those who suffer from them talk about them.

Also, Juilliard accepts only 8 percent of its applicants, so that is about 2 percent in the dance division. Therefore, NO ONE would be accepted who was not AMAZING. In fact, if one judged from Sara's dancing in the movie, she would not get in at all. And on the off chance she did, she would most likely be the worst in the school. There is no reason that she should be criticizing the other dancers, who similarly would certainly not possess the unattractive traits that you described them with. And to stay in character, I doubt that Sara would be so arrogant about her dancing.

However, you DID characterize Derek really well, so I'll give you that.

But watch your number-you keep switching between first and third person and it can be quite confusing to the reader.

You called Juilliard a "stuck-up ballet school," which is incorrect because Juilliard ALSO teaches music and drama. Not to mention, the students at Juilliard tend to focus on modern dance as opposed to ballet.

Plus...as Juilliard is in New York City and the movie takes place in Chicago, there is no way that she could just leave school to go to Steps.

Mulus
mulus chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
For one, it's "Juilliard", not Julliard. And it is just "Juilliard School," with nothing else on the end. (I should know, because I GO there...just not in the dance department.)

Please do research before you try to write a story.
Stephanie chapter 9 . 2/12/2005
wow. I just read your story all in one sitting, which is unusual for me, but I could not tear myself away from it. It was aluring. Very good. The ending brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing it!

A new fan,

Stephanie
dreamerdoll chapter 9 . 9/3/2004
i hate endings! it was soo great...i luv derek...he's awesome!
dreamerdoll chapter 8 . 9/3/2004
okay, no offence, but the invalid thingie is just...well, mean, i guess...idk...i know, i swore not to make any more comments...i absolutely loved the chappie, and i love the little story you told, and...hmm...i think that covers it...
dreamerdoll chapter 7 . 9/3/2004
evil evil evil doctor! sorry, i swear i wont make any more comments til the end. dereks so sweet!
dreamerdoll chapter 6 . 9/3/2004
ahh...i loved this chapter. and im sure that im getting on your nerves...
dreamerdoll chapter 3 . 9/3/2004
kay, just have to make a comment before reading the rest of the chapters. i dont think she shoulda left like that (no offence) he's allowed to dance with someone while shes away at school if he wants! its not like the two are doing anything else *i hope*