Reviews for The Door of Air
dragonienandshikamaru chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
I don't know whether to ask you to continue this or not. Frankly, it's perfect as is, yet if you continue, it won't detract from the story at all. I leave it up to you to decide whether or not to continue.

Shikamaru
James W chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Fascinating story. You've got a talent for the weird/messed up/creepy stuff :)
mikaerusan chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
It's nice to you writing again, and your capabilities in writing horror are as effective today as they were back when I read "Dancing" back when you first released it almost a decade back.
DarkYokuo chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
This is quite an interesting premise. Now, I only have passing knowledge of the Kim Possible series but I wouldn't have thought it possible to introduce horror by Clive Barker into the mix. But you've managed to do it in an interesting way that works. The whole Cenobite Ron thing was kinda surprising and I can't wait to see more of this fic.
Orochigin chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
wow thats just wow.
Brother Bludgeon chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Innocence slaughtered.

Then raped, then slaughtered again. Then put through a blender on "Liquefy."

I have to say I've always enjoyed that on some deeply perverted level. The series Kim Possible, especially, is so full of that innocence that I seem to enjoy it so much more when it's tainted in some way, usually by simple reality. Disney's whimsical technicolor images don't stand up well to the harsh light of day. Of course, taking it a step further into the darkness is nice, too.

I'm not sure if you've read Ruskbyte's stories based on the Hellraiser films crossed with the Harry Potter books, but that was the standard I measured others of this genre, this contrast of childhood heroes thrust into the godless universe of the Leviathan.

Yours, so far, is better. More pure, if that means anything. And you back up the faithful reproduction of Barker's work with an eerie talent for the voices of the Kim Possible characters. In the same situation, this is what they would say. Period.

A few minor issues you might want to address before you go on, besides the minor stuff like "to" instead of "too." You spelled Mr. Barken's name as "Berken" the only time you mentioned him, but he's hardly the focus of the story. One somewhat amusing mistake came from Monique's dialogue after Felix mention the DVD.

"Please tell me it was Ronnie getting tortured."

Now, I'm all for female solidarity in the face of male infidelity, but don't you think that's taking it a bit far?

I look forward to more. Perhaps, soon, we'll see this "flower" you mentioned. I'm sure Yori and Master sensei will have that sword ready to return to the Chosen One, that being the obvious choice.

Heh heh heh... Fools.

Blessed be,

-Brother Bludgeon

P.S. Ron's sister has such a beautiful name, doesn't she?
l0x0r chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
I really enjoyed your first chapter. It has a great premise, albeit a rather radical one. The juxtaposition between Ron's natural nature and the Cenobites is quite drastic, but you make his interaction with them sound believable.

You have a great writing style and I look forward to the next chapter eagerly.
raintheangels chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Oh. My. God. Beautiful, and horrific. Like a plane crash. I could not stop reading. I also loved "The Hellbound Heart", so you scored bonus points. More!
23 | « Prev Page 1 2