Reviews for Apex
Guest chapter 15 . 9/7/2014
This was the best L4D story ever bravo :')
JustaBum chapter 15 . 8/15/2014
Dawww, I cri everytiem. Anywho, loved the story on how you put it in a hunter's perspective. Too bad it had to end like that. (Also are you planning on making any kinda sorta sequels?) So yeah it was good. The Edn
KoutaDragara chapter 15 . 11/23/2013
I'm sorry, I'm too lazy to log into my account to leave this review. Anyway.

OMG. This... This is so perfect, I can't even. Lately, I've found myself fascinated with exploring ideas of how the Infected behave outside of gameplay, and I think that this is really close to what I imagine Hunters being like (admittedly, I feel that all types of Infected, being very feral and animal-like, are capable of mating (Tanks are the only ones that do not simply because they prefer to kill everything) once they manage to rip their pants and underwear off since mating is pretty much an instinctive behavior, but how often they mate, what kinds of Infected they mate with, and courtship behaviors vary between types). The Hunter's names for the other types of Infected (and just other things in the world in general) are just so perfect as well. Smells-Good, Big-Angry, Can't-Breath-Near, I love them so much!

The ending made me cry like a little baby, and it hurt me on the inside because I had such hopes for Apex and his mate to live a happy life (I kept wondering when his mate was going to become pregnant until I saw your AN that said that wasn't going to happen, and I was disappointed). You just ripped that hope away from me... And I praise you for how well it was done. Like I said, I sobbed for a minute or two afterwards. The part about dancing specifically makes me cry every time I read it. Oh, the woes of being an mutated monster in love and suddenly remembering what it was like to be human upon your death! *Blows nose* This is gonna make me feel bad whenever I kill a Hunter from now on... (Hell, I already feel kinda bad when I have to kill one in front of a Witch since I kinda-sorta "ship" HunterxWitch as an animalistic mated pair, much like these two Hunters... Which reminds me that there were no Witches in this story! Or... did I miss it? I'm just curious as to how Apex would name and describe them)

Oh, tonight is just a night of sadness for me. First I work on a really sad fic centered around Bill's death and Zoey's daughterly love for him while playing really sad piano music in the background, and then I read this... I'm surprised I have any face-water left with all of this crying. :')

Like I said, amazing job. Keep up the great work, and good luck with the rest of your writing endeavors!
Guest chapter 15 . 7/30/2013
One of the best L4D1/2 fanfictions I've seen in a long time! Bravo! Live well.
Commander-Cupcake chapter 15 . 3/3/2013
Beautiful. Haven't read something good like this in a while.
mark-engels chapter 15 . 12/21/2012
I came to read this after reading your Gurren Lagann work, and can assure you I've enjoyed this story thoroughly. I've never played Left For Dead, yet I was able to follow along with the basic concept. I agree with a number of the rest of the reviewers...this was a good story written from a challenging perspective. It seemed real and well executed to me. A great freshman effort. But then again, I knew from reading your Gurren Lagann story that you've got respectable writing talent. Thanks for making an enjoyable story here, and look forward to reading your other current and future works.

MJE
Brianna chapter 15 . 11/13/2012
3 awesome job
Guest chapter 15 . 7/7/2012
Little Ones perspective was really cute and the last chapter made me cry. You're very skilled at writing and I hope to see more of your works in the future.
Jessica Brooke chapter 15 . 4/27/2012
Wow city! This simple story deserves all the praise it has gotten. I never thought any one could write such a thing, in a good way!
Neekerisanni123 chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
All I can say about this story... is that it is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!

So damn cute. And awesome. And wonderful. And beautiful.

Love. Yes. So much love. 3

Sanni
Ninjat126 chapter 15 . 3/7/2012
Loved the characterisation, the events, and the fact that you managed to make Hunters intelligent without making them human. I did have an issue with the concept of Hunters having "mates" to begin with, but nothing major.

On the topic of Infected reproduction, I honestly don't think they're intelligent enough to consider it. Hunters, Smokers, Spitters might though, and could potentially give birth. Still, considering how horribly mutated they all are, most likely not. Hunters are probably the most likely to retain human behaviours and body processes, and even then they're still mutated, just not visibly.
Softballa13tondalayo chapter 6 . 12/22/2011
Loving it!
pseud0zombie chapter 15 . 12/17/2011
Aww, that ending was so... So perfect. Nobody is ever willing to write real tragedy, so it's always very refreshing to red one. Very good story, and a great start to my day.
Blah chapter 15 . 11/21/2011
Boo boo boo ! I read through all that to get that shitty ass ending? Boo!
Lanny-Sama chapter 15 . 9/27/2011
;.; ... Oh... this was so very sad... But a wonderful story none the less. I tremendously enjoyed it. I hope Mate and Little one will be alright...