Reviews for From the Heart
thecivilunrest chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Awww! This is so fluffy and sweet- kind of like powdered sugar. ;) I loved how you characterized Naveen and the whole recipe with Tiana's father thing made my heart twinge. Lovely job.
cry you mercy chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
This was PERFECT. For the life of me, I don't know how you did it! I am in awe. Thus I shall quote the phrases I found particularly awesome, as you MUST have tried hard to make them that way.

1) The 'no sir' at the beginning. It was so sweet and long-suffering. Poor Naveen.

2) 'Quick as a cat' - I don't know why. I have heard it before, but I think it just suited Tiana so well that I was struck by it.

3) 'Tiana's daddy had a dream, Tiana's daddy had a gumbo pot'

4) 'the staccato of the cooks as they tap pans on the stoves and spoons on the sinks' - I could hear it in my head. And I love the word 'staccato' in any context.

5) 'he regales them with songs in his native tongue, which none of them know enough of to realize he is not saying charitable things' - that was just plain funny. Poor Naveen. That's the only vengeance he's allowed to exact...

6) 'Naveen reminds himself that it is an endearing trait' - again, funny

7) 'Naveen keeps smiling, and smiling, and smiling - until he finally has to admit, "Ahhh... no."' - that was the BEST. It actually made me laugh out loud, because I could see it happening completely. You captured Naveen's speech patterns very well - and Tiana's, for that matter. I heard them both talking in my head.

8) '"This is," he tries to say, dizzied by the nearness of her, by the curve of her lips widening in a smile, and by all the poetry he should know how to say in English except that she makes him tongue-tied' - my tummy squirmed

9) 'She gets it on his nose. He gets it on her mouth' - I haven't seen such a brilliant closing line in agggesss.

...

I quoted far too much. It just goes to show how much I enjoyed it, and how great a writer you are. You have such a precise, whimsical way of saying things, and it's beautiful.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
He is sooooo doomed. But I think she might let him live, if only for the sake of those kisses...G
Crimson Masquerade chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Very cute! I love fluffy oneshots and this one was sweet, fun and lighthearted. :) Though I was a little confused at the end. But overall, wonderful!
pinkyapple chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
This was just so precious! 3
queenVEExo chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
such a cute story!
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Aw. This was sweet. I definitely enjoyed it.

~Chica~