Reviews for My Heart Will Go On
kaelenmitharos chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
Wow. That was pretty deep. I like how you allow the reader to realize that they're ghosts instead of telling us right out.
someone who does not exist chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
me like story it cool
Damien Fear chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Great! Love it! Sure I dont like that type of music but seeing it in the may you put it was great. normally i'm not a sensative type of guy butt this hit me in the emotional spot.
Hiromitsu chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
Died is such a strong word, woulda been less akward to use destroyed...or something...but I like your fics, kewl
Kurama's sis chapter 1 . 11/24/2002
did Iris really die? i just started playing Mega Man X 4. I play as Zero when ma' sis plays as X. we an't to far
Menolly chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
I absolutely despise Iris, but the fic was ccyyyyoooottt! I like the song of choice too. It fits quite well. _
The Tesseract Seraph chapter 1 . 1/28/2002
A story-with a surprise ending! I approve highly. Very clever. :) I have a soft spot for 'My Heart Will Go On'-a very small one-so I like the choice of song. However! (Here's the thematic critique...) ...I'm left at a bit of a loss on some of the paragraphs as to how the song ties in. :) But that -could- be me-I tend to structure my songfics very highly around the lyrics (cf. the fourth chapter of AVC-I really need to get rid of the word 'rhetoric' in the body of the chapter...) and therefore prefer to see the same.

Other thoughts, other thoughts...hmn... 's denote song lyrics, you say...in the future, try italicizing. Much neater, it's the convention for songfics, and it doesn't lead to as much misreading.

Your style is very...brief. Very unadorned. This is -not- a bad thing, and it worked -quite- well for this story. It especially helps make lines where you -are- descriptive stand out, eg, "For one brief, sweet moment, she could touch him." I think the spare style -works-, though there are readers who might end up thirsting for description or exposition. But, y'know...the setting of the story isn't really conducive to description, else you'd give it away! ;)

On the subject matter: I approve of Iris/Zero. Very much. Personal opinion. But they're just...so...there's something there. *emphatic nodding*

So, to recap: Isolate the song lyrics. Tie the story more tightly to them, and/or be very selective about the quotes/songs you use in the future. Spare writing is -good-, just make sure what you've left is the meat of the story and not the bones.

...And that should be all. ;) Regretting making me your beta reader yet? And should I handle these over e-mail in the future? *cackle*

Xian
Bobcat chapter 1 . 1/28/2002
Heh, I guess I'll review this one cuz here isn't a review yet. :) Anyhoo, even tho I'm not a big Iris fan this was very well written. (Ghosts, eeek! O.O)