Reviews for Happiness is Relative
mara lena chapter 4 . 7/30/2012
Helen blaming herself for Ashley's death. oh, dear. haven't seen the beginning of the 2nd season or read stories like that for ages and now i stumble over two in a row. made me remember how painful it was to watch these two, each in his/her own misery. love the touch on ashley's struggle in her last moments mirroring john's strength to fight his inner demon. and your's had a happy ending. thank god. was definitely needed right now.
looking forward to reading more of your stuff...
fishingislove chapter 4 . 4/3/2010
I love how you write John and Helen! You write them just like I imagine them, so thanks for that. I know I can read your stuff and be satisfied. :)
Selective scifi junkie chapter 3 . 3/16/2010
I wish. I really do. I've drafted equivalent scenes in my head and these agree (ish) so we're interpreting the relationship in the same way.

Occasional character vocab when they wake up (good point to cut off by the way, make it clear, then stop) just think Druitt is being a little vocal. I totally agree with Magnus thoughts at that time. The regrets comment is also something I've thought about. I think Magnus is strong enough to hold him off until she is sure she won't look back.

Typo: increasingly harder at the top. 8th line of text down.
Selective scifi junkie chapter 2 . 3/16/2010
You write rather like Astraperaspera (that's a compliment in the crazy little world called my head), similar character integrity and analyasis, that's what I love reading.

One tiny nit pick. Helen's dialect. I actually speak it for real, it's my mother tounge. Two tiny things: saying she had a million other things to do is... unlikely. A lot is more in keeping with formal english. these little guys is also odd for the dialect. Just these would do, or these abnormals etc. Reading avidly.
DramaLexy chapter 4 . 2/12/2010
i want more!
theshipperlogs chapter 4 . 2/2/2010
Beautiful story. I love the history and love that is John and Helen.
mia66 chapter 4 . 2/1/2010
I truly and fully love your writing.

And this story just proved it more; after reading the first 4 chapters; I totally love how you capture this two characters, John’s pain at the crypt and Helen going to him to comfort him.

The love that I think and I’m certain is still there; just a little tainted for all the tragedy that has happen.

Finally he makes Helen smile again; that was a very good line.

The weight Helen feels; resting on her shoulders and oppressing her day in and day out was so powerful; and again John is there like a rock from which she can draw power…so just wonderful
Nynaeve506 chapter 4 . 2/1/2010
Excellent :)
Surreal Squirrel chapter 4 . 2/1/2010
So sweet! They are just wonderful together and you made them even better! I love it!
Surreal Squirrel chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
*country accent* Well, darlin', you done did a very nice story there, you did! *chuckles* Anywho, enough of my weird accents! That was just beautiful!
Surreal Squirrel chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
*French accent* Ah, but I see, there is love in the air! This is fabulous! The way the characters know each other so well, it is inspiring! *SCENE*
Surreal Squirrel chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Yippee! This is fabulous! It is so well thought our, you can tell...I absolutely love it!
Holy Hannah chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
Wonderful character voice. Very enjoyable read. And dang it's about time Helen gets some. ;)
Steph-Schell chapter 4 . 2/1/2010
I loved it. It was very sweet and so them.