Reviews for Brothers of Honor
NirCele chapter 11 . 8/26/2014
Wow! This is the best childhood story about Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow I have ever read! Keep up this story, it's amazing!
kunaikage chapter 10 . 7/26/2013
I like your story. Hope you don't me pointing out a small mistake. All though the story Ian/Snake eye's father's name was Mark here in this chapter you changed it to John. I look forward to your updates in this.
Bronwynn chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
I love the story. I have read all of it as well as the sample chapter and teaser chapter 51. I hope you will continue it by posting more chapters. I would love to read the full story.
cb341 chapter 11 . 8/6/2010
Ahhhh!

This story is so good!

I was wondering if you were going to continue with it or not.

I really really really hope you do!

Thanks!

Chrissy
Invalid Surver chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
wow! this is really really good so far! :D

amazing i might say! :D
Linuxgirl chapter 11 . 3/10/2010
Your story evolves nicely, I like the new chapters very much. Especially the bantering and pranking between the two.

The bath house scene is really cute. Kudos for that especially. Very funny.

Please update soon.
zenbon zakura chapter 11 . 3/10/2010
lol bath house huh...?

lol
Argent-Perekin chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
A good edit from the original; much shorter in comparison, as it should be. It's really nice that you aren't pushing yourself to turn out these really long things...long stuff is hard. :)

Anyway, great prologue! I didn't notice any big mistakes. :)
zenbon zakura chapter 9 . 2/22/2010
poor teri!

dont kill her off!

so does teri meet a new friend?
Linuxgirl chapter 8 . 2/19/2010
Nice chapter, especially Ian's effervescent happiness about going to Japan and learning more. Did he talk to his father that early in the morning or did he listen in at his parents talk (naughty, naughty boy ;-) ).

His mothers trouble about what's going to happen is well done. Though it's a miracle she doesn't start screaming at her husband, after all he didn't even ask his son for his opinion (well, he probably knows it already). She must be a very devoted wife ;-).

Please update soon.
Asterisk78 chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
By "posting in a different format," I meant that you need to take it out of script format, which is when you have the names of people on the left side of the page separated by a colon from the dialogue. Although I'm unsure precisely how you would do that with a chatfic story, you could consider doing it in dialogue, and perhaps consider framing the plot differently. You could also leave it up the way it is, but remember that it could be deleted at any time. Ultimately, it's up to you. Good luck.

~Asterisk*
zenbon zakura chapter 7 . 2/13/2010
why does teri have to die?

i hope you dont kill her!

make her a ninja too!

lol
Linuxgirl chapter 6 . 2/12/2010
Hi, just stumbled over your story. I like it very much so far. It takes a completely original view on Storm Shadows and Snake Eyes beginnings.

Though I understand Asterisk78's critique I can't completely side with her. This is after all a fictional story, not a history book ;-).

So a little authors license should be allowed.

To illustrate that, I would think that mastering multiple moves good enough to last over a minute against a high ranking black belt is quite impossible. But heck, it's fiction, so what ;-)

Please go on with your story and update soon.

P.S.: Asterisk78, I do understand you mean well. But if you want to improve your review style a little, you should always start with the good things before tips for improvement. Believe me, it makes one getting the critique feel much better that way.
Asterisk78 chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
You did warn me about the "battle" between religions, and I was rather curious. However, let me emphasize that if you're going to feature a religion in your work, you really have to have all the facts at your fingertips.

I especially noticed this this chapter with your portrayal of Buddhism and Shinto. As religions go, Buddhism is generally tolerant of other religious practices, and I believe Shinto tends to go the same way. Although there was some persecution of Christians under the shogun, it was fueled more by Christianity's western origins and Japan's desire for cultural isolation than any particular religious issues. So, given the relatively tolerant nature of both religions, I'm unsure why the Hard Master would really care about what religion Snake Eyes chose to follow: I’m not sure he would really be all that devout of a Buddhist, and in Shinto, killing makes you ritually impure. I’m just not seeing how that really jives with being a ninja.

Besides, the Buddhism and Shinto that the Arashikage appear to be practicing is very…odd. I mean, the concept of the Buddha being able, to quote Tomi, “save my mother” and “kill my father” just doesn’t make sense. The Buddha isn’t a god. He’s a being that reached enlightenment, and treating him like the triune Christian God simply isn’t correct. Also, the idea of Shinto having gods is also incorrect. Shinto has kami, which also aren’t really like gods in the traditional western sense. Instead, kami are like the very essence of a place.

So, in essence, I’m not particularly comfortable about where you seem to be going with this subplot. I have very dear friends whose views on religion vary widely, and frankly, I’ve never had a problem with this sort of thing. It just doesn’t seem all that realistic to me, and I would suggest thinking it over a little and doing some serious research before you adding religion to the plot.

~Asterisk*

P.S. Glad you liked the profile picture. Also, I’m female.
zenbon zakura chapter 5 . 2/6/2010