Reviews for STING OF THE GREEN HORNET
IcyWaters chapter 8 . 11/6/2011
This was a terrific finale to a terrific story. Britt executed the perfect frame-up and let Masterson and his boys think someone in his own organization set them up. Love it.

One quibble: After Masterson’s arrest, you wrote “the next week” for the newspaper headline. It would have taken much longer than a week for the trial to take place, even within the fictional realm of the series.

Also, it would be great if you could go back and insert a few line breaks between the scenes to make it easier to distinguish between shifting scenes.

All in all, thank you for a great read – one that I will certainly return to many times in the future, just as I have in the past. :-) I only wish you had written more Green Hornet fiction.
IcyWaters chapter 7 . 11/6/2011
Bravo, Casey! :-) I’m glad that she was able to figure out the truth regarding Britt using her own intelligence and knowledge of him. Miss Case didn’t always get much to do on the show, but you’ve made up for it here in spades. :-)

Watching Masterson’s empire crumble – with him helpless to stop it – is highly satisfying. After all the reluctance to join forces with the Hornet, it’s fun to see him pin his hopes on this masked gangster. Now onto one of my favorite scenarios…the Green Hornet taking out Britt Reid. I never tire of reading this idea being explored.
IcyWaters chapter 6 . 11/6/2011
I’m not sure which part of this chapter I enjoyed more – the Hornet and Kato intimidating their hostage or their attack on the ship transporting the heroin. Both were fantastic.

The tension in the interrogation scene was so taut it could be cut with a knife. I could feel Talbot’s growing fear as Kato stepped closer swishing the nunchaku with blinding speed. That demonstration on the concrete block was highly effective!

The scene where the Black Beauty’s rockets blew a hole in the ship’s hull was brilliant. I can imagine the dread Cross was feeling as he watched it sink with his boss’s merchandise. He’s got a lot of guts to go back and tell Masterson what happened. If I were in his shoes, jail might look pretty good – especially as Masterson’s power wanes.
IcyWaters chapter 5 . 11/6/2011
Getting a front row seat to watch the Hornet muscle in and disrupt Masterson’s operations is a joy to behold. Mike Axford is going to have a field day at work if Britt quits stealing his stories. :-)

The Hornet unmasking in front of Frank Scanlon easily ranks as my favorite moment in this story. It shows the strong friendship and trust the two men share that Britt was willing to take that risk. I really wish we got to see a scene like this on the show. :-)

Britt’s interview with Talbot was fun. I liked how the publisher prodded the “yes-man,” toying with Talbot’s nervousness and working it to his own advantage. It shows Britt’s intelligence and ability to read (and manipulate) others – traits that come in very handy with his night job.
IcyWaters chapter 4 . 11/6/2011
The Green Hornet – daring, aggressive, in-your-face and not willing to back down. I love it. :-) It was thrilling how he waltzed right into Masterson’s meeting and demanded fifty-percent of the operations.

Great action sequences. Easy to visualize and full of adrenaline. I like how well the Hornet and Kato work together in unison to take down the guards. I also admire how you write them as partners, each with an equal stake, but with a specific role to play.
IcyWaters chapter 3 . 11/6/2011
It’s a blast being privy to Britt and Kato designing the Green Hornet gear and bringing their idea to life. This could easily be an unaired pilot episode to the 1960s series. I love the touches of humor, such as the two guys trying to figure out a name and Kato’s remarks about the building’s security:

"I can't believe they're not heading downstairs to head us off," Kato said.

"What, you actually want them to?"

"No, but they're pretty lousy guards if they just let us get away."

It was also a nice twist that Britt didn’t set out to be perceived as a gangster – that it was a result of his first outing, which also happened to be a failure. Getting to see our heroes fail and learning from those experiences adds terrific layers of depth to their journey.
IcyWaters chapter 2 . 11/6/2011
I read this story back when it was originally published and come back to it on a somewhat regular basis. The least I can do for all these years of enjoyment is leave a few more in-depth comments. I’ll leave it to you to figure out which of those old reviewers is me. :-)

This is an excellent first chapter. The characterizations of Britt, Kato and Frank are spot-on and you throw the reader into the middle of a terrific plot. It sets up a worthy and challenging foe in Gregory Masterson, a man who can skirt by any charge. I like how the story opens with the trial, something we rarely see in Green Hornet fiction. It’s a shame considering the Hornet wants to bring criminals to justice and one of the main characters is an attorney.

Nods to the Britt’s heritage and the Lone Ranger are always appreciated. :-) You style of writing is clean and crisp, making for a smooth flow and truly enjoyable read.
Lioness Of the fire chapter 8 . 1/23/2011
omg i just loved it felt just like a green hornet ep like the original show just love it espically how casey and britt acted with each other

and i just love kato yay
Kesomon chapter 8 . 1/13/2011
This was an excellent origin story to read and I'm sad to see there were no sequels written.
DARK KNIGHT of the MOON chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Okay man, I must see more Green Hornet stories from you! Like you, I am a very big fan of the Hornet. Not so much the show, but the radio series is awesome. I read your story and it was a very believable origin story! I am going to get my GH story published very soon... Look out for The Green Hornet STILL AT LARGE... coming soon!
Mad Dog Milne chapter 8 . 5/4/2007
Great story. Maybe in future episodes you might want to include some of the more mob-like characters from Batman, since the Hornet did make a few appearances on the old Batman series.
Rocco13 chapter 8 . 1/2/2007
This is great. What are you waiting for? Let's see an update already.
They call me Bruce chapter 8 . 10/26/2006
Dude this is great! Update soon! What are you waiting for?
CosmoTopper chapter 8 . 10/24/2006
This was terrific! It really captured the feel of the show and felt like the first episode. It's great having a GH origin story that fits with the series.

In the story summary, you mentioned this would be the first in a series of GH fics. It looks like this one has been completed for almost four years. Are you still writing Hornet fics? Any chance you'll post more soon? I'd love to read them! :)
Excel chapter 8 . 10/24/2006
This is great! What are you waiting for? Update now!