Reviews for Animorphs 74: The Union
Guest chapter 4 . 9/28/2010
This has been, by far, the most captivating story I have ever read thusfar on . I daresay that you've done a better job than herself. You've taken a series that was already amazing on it's own and took it to places the original author would never have dared to explore. You've done things to the original characters that made reading about said characters all the more enjoyable.

You are a talented writer, as I am sure you are aware; you deffinitely don't need my opinion to tell you that much. You successfully captured the voices of the original characters and made new characters like Santorelli and Jeanne likeable...and, of course, YOU BROUGHT BACK DAVID; one of my personal favourites!

I have one book left to read: Megamorphs 6. I really hope you plan to continue this series.
Gladiatorius chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I was reading Drodegasm (good story, by the way, you should update it), and I've come to a solution to the David's parents problem; simply have someone bring it up, and have him say he'd discovered them to be dead.
saphronandspice chapter 4 . 2/13/2010
I firstly must appologise for my lack of reviewing. After adding the previous story (73) to story alerts, I then thought that when you updated it would tell me, which it did. Until you posted a new story. I only just checked back now, to see if I'd made a mistake, which I had. Forgive me for my spell of ditzy-ness.

Anyways, I loved this next part in the series. I could definitely see both Melissa and Jeanne's point of view in their exchange, and I love what you've done with Jeanne's character. I also love Marco and Jeanne's relationship :D. I'm glad Marco's got some happiness.

Yay! Rachel and Tobias got married! Poor Ax though, he must be feeling horribly guilty...

I can't wait to read more!
vlad the inhaler chapter 4 . 2/13/2010
Well done. As strong as the first half of the story was, I think the latter two updates were stronger. Melissa's emotional state was well explained and Marco's memory arc came around full circle in a way that was tastefully done.

The only - only - critique I have is that occasionally the dialogue is unnecessarily wordy, which makes it come over wooden. It's really little things like Jeanne narrates '... very animatedly with a Hork-bajir female. " Marco, who is that female Guraff..."

The second use of female sticks out both because it's used twice in a very short time, but also results in shall we say pompous speech. Outside of perhaps the Andalites, it would be more colloquial to just say "Marco, who is that Guraff..."

Clearly a nitty bitty nit-pick, but it happens a few times where people add extra words or over-punctuate. Your stories really are that good and immersive that these are the only things really left for improvement.
Salad Shooter chapter 4 . 2/12/2010
And I reappear. Yay.

Yay wedding scene. Hork-Bajir in a tux win.

I'm actually kind of grateful that you have not made too many updates in my absence. Unlike before, I don't have time to read like 7 books or however many it was just to catch up, lol.

Anyway, good work, as always.
nomadsland chapter 4 . 2/12/2010
Finally! Marco has his memories back and Tobias and Rachel are married. Woohoo! I can't wait to read the next story. I also want to know where the newlyweds are going for the honeymoon. :)
voodooqueen126 chapter 4 . 2/11/2010
Well done: I love how instead of the stereotypical alien food is yucky, you had the Iskoort serve beautiful food:).

Also glad that they healed Marco and were not completely incompetent.

The next megamorphs looks good.
nomadsland chapter 3 . 2/10/2010
You always have the most amusing end to your updates. It was perfect! I can't wait to find out about the drama between Melissa and Ax. I love how BA Jeanne is. Can't wait to read the next installment!
Gladiator chapter 3 . 2/10/2010
GODDAMMIT! I had been hoping you'd use this latest clash with the Apostates to free one of them for an extra Animorph.

Good chappie though.
voodooqueen126 chapter 3 . 2/10/2010
Because they have no sense of appropriacy.
supernovaglory chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Srry I didn't review before.

Keep on going!

Didn't I say that before?
voodooqueen126 chapter 2 . 2/4/2010
Except it is highly likely that Andalites count time differently, it may even be possible that time passes at different rates on other planets.

Why didn't they just fly over to Chapman's house?
vlad the inhaler chapter 2 . 2/4/2010
A few nitpicks:

Jake doesn't come across strong enough with Melissa. There's no way she's actually 'good' yet - and while one can chalk it up to a ego boost before the battle and his own not wanting to put her down for other reasons, I think at some point she'll need to be taken down a peg or two. She's come across very strongly on a number of issues, and at some point she needs to remember she's the new guy.

On a similar note, Jeanne's narrative at the end about how Jake did the right thing by accident. While it's from her perspective, the whole atmosphere is one where Jake just isn't that good of a leader - that he misses things, has rules that aren't sound, and can't handle his own people. Maybe you are setting up for some Omegamorph confrontation, but I suspect it's in part a narrative problem in trying to polarize between Tobias and Jake. Something to keep an eye on.

Didn't intend for it to come over as a nag, but squeaky wheels and what have you... Overall it was still a very nice set of chapters. Characterization is as always very nicely done, and remains the gem of your writing.
nomadsland chapter 2 . 2/4/2010
Haha, that was a perfect ending to the chapter! Thanks for updating so quickly. Looking forward to the next installment.
vlad the inhaler chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Took a trip down memory lane and decided to poke around in a verse I read long ago...

In a word, Brilliant.

You've done a great job staying true to the style and the mood. The OC's - both human and alien - are enjoyable and mesh nicely with the animorphs, and the changes that have occurred to the original six are nicely paced and well done.

I look forward to seeing more.