Reviews for I Remember Why I'm Here
CupcakeBean chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
OMG, Liz! This was so beautiful! I think this is my new favorite Liz!Fic. You did an amazing job capturing the love and affection between B&B, in both the photographs and the moment. And I'm so impressed with how well you painted the scene in my mind. I want to quote the whole fic as my favorite part, but I'll have to narrow it down to this section:

“Hey, what are you doi-” he paused in the doorway, eyebrow raising at her soft expression, the look of awe she usually reserved for when some part of the case caught her off guard and suddenly made sense, “you ok, Bones?”

“Yeah, I,” she lifted her eyes, turning the picture so he could see it, “how did we not see it?”

“Hmm?” He pushed off the door frame and took a few steps forward before slowly lowering himself to sit next to her.

“How could we not see how... emotionally invested... we were in one another?” She traced his outline in the picture as he leaned forward to get a better look, tucking his chin into her shoulder as he did.

“We were just...” he let his hand run down her arm, grinning as she shuddered and leaned into him, “we were both too afraid to.”

Guh, just beautiful! I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to read it. Stupid RL getting in the way all the time. ;)
charmingkarla chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
aw, so sweet, I love it.
humanthesaurus chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
That was just perfect. 3 so few people get Booth & Bones right, in my opinion, and you really did. can't say much more than that.
JennCorinthos chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Grinning like a fool... I loved it...

JENNIFER
Dardanelle chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
What a wonderful idea for a fic. Photography really is about capturing a moment. The best pictures are those exactly at the right second, right place and having an eye for things snaps, not the ones when you force people to line up and smile. You manage to get that across in this. Trying to describe something visual with words can easily result in a too detailed text, but you succeed in illustrating something visual so deftly. As you read you can easily picture the photos.

I really like how subtly you tell us that this is a fic set in the future when B&B have moved in together:

**she couldn’t remember the last time they’d *both* been home on a

Saturday

AND

**Sweeping Parker’s physics report and Booth’s hockey pads (*why couldn’t he

put them in the closet with his skates?)*

Sneaking in Brennan's passing irritation with Booth leaving things around is a clever way to give it a realistic touch.

Another thing I like very much about this fic is that you let it remain in an immediate "now" without any long winded explanations of how Booth and Brennan ended up together. I seem to remember that you are the person who's written 100 fics (Apologies if I'm confusing you with someone else.) Regardless of this I have read and enjoyed quite a few of your stories and they're always good :)
K.E. Scrubbed chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Oh I really like this a lot. (By the way, the beginning is oh so familiar...) I love the idea of Brennan taking up photography, it just really seems like something she would do. She's a people watcher by nature, and photography is in many ways about people watching, and taking those moments and etching them into permanence. I love your description of each of those intimate moments caught on camera, their friends and family involved, painting the picture of a whole life for them together. It was really touching and warm, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
bitsygirl chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Thank you for this delectable concoction. I love the idea of Brennan taking up photography - it's a hobby that she can analyze ad nauseum (composition, lighting, angle, etc.) but it's also an art form that forces her to go with her gut.

And this image is so vivid:

"it was slightly out of focus, a little off-center; he’d turned right before the shot was taken, their eyes just meeting, the same look from Angela’s photo etched deeply on his face. Only now it was... stronger... more... intense..."

Honestly, your words are so simple, but they send a shiver down my spine.
PadfootPal37 chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Aw...it was so sweet and made me feel all bubbly inside. I can totally imagine this happening in the future.
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Hi there,

Precious moments caught in time...They all are special...even the ones with parts of you cut off or out of focus...it was the moment, the memories!...

Really nice piece...

Ger
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
oh gosh there are tears in my eyes!

this is absolutely beautiful.
Kalidris chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Beautiful story )
Sheytune chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Aw. This is so very cute.
TemperTemper chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
As a photographer and a BB fan, this story just makes my heart smile. Lovely!
bb-4ever chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
great shot so sweet bones taking photography up capturing all their favourite moments. look forward to more soon
Angeldream05 chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Aw how sweet! I am absolutely in love with your oneshots, they are so nice and sweet :) The look of love... they already have it :) Great job! :D