Reviews for It's Just a Step to the Left
Ultra Sonic 007 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Ooh. Incredibly intrigued. Sarutobi's always been presented more or less as a saint compared to the rest of the Konoha Elders, so it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

Plus, Future!Oro and Naruto in one teenage body, trying to fix things? Hilarity ensues.

moar plz
Darkciel chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Love it!

i never read a story about Orochimaru going back in time. and him turning out to be a good guy was only in a one-shot i found by a very talented author!

i really hope you update this as well as People Lie (or the new continuation of it)
Cataglottisme chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Oh, how I love your Sarutobi. He's perfect for the role, straight out of a Yamada Fuutarou book. Your Sarutobi is the perfect ninja!

Wonderful plot bunny, thank you for sharing it :D
Almaseti chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
This is bizarre and intriguing.
Angryoptimist chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
This is great, and I was mightily amused.

You actually made Orochimaru kinda likable. It was even plausible.

Even though Naruto seemed to be the stock variant, and not the infinitely more amusing * Lie variant, he was pretty well written, and I smiled at the "lying liar who lies" bit.

Bravo, good sir.
BrazeRancor chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
*Twitch* So many clever ideas mixed with so many horrific ones. This fic is also like an orange covered in sewerage. Except the orange is a great idea and the sewerage is my inability to give up my sanity.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Oh my.

Someone who didn't portray Orochimaru as a creepy serial molester of Uchiha? (Oogling doesn't count) Made him that awesomely awesome snarky!Orochimaru?

TAKE ME NAO.
crumbs02 chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
le gasp! the "c" word has appeared!

are orochi and naruto going to become buddies?

that would be nice.

thank you for the upload and keep writing!
stalker32 chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Thanks.
Lord of The Land of Sushi chapter 1 . 2/2/2010

An Orochimaru-lifetime of sushi for you!

Finally, an Orochimaru-as-a-main-character story that will no doubt be awesome. This chapter's a bit rough around the edges, with the character thoughts and dialogue being a bit TOO scattered, but still good. I can't wait for more.

Finger-licking good. And it's the Snake Sannin kind of licking.

_

\ " /

J

P.S. the thing above is an attempt at a snake
ByLanternLight chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
You know, honestly, this was the last story I could've expected from you. Which doesn't make any goddamn sense, because you /always/ pull shit like this. My mind is clearly a whore, because you just keep f*ing with it. I don't know whether to curl into a ball and cry or sing your praises to the heavens.
Seerss chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
All I'll say is rock on. No more, no less. Except for that I really liked Orochimaru's internal thoughts. They were hilarious. Kudos
Gabo 1602 chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Hey! This was really cool! There should be more fics of Naruto interacting seriously with Orochimaru.
shikome kido mi chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Well, that's a greatly original idea. I do love to see unique uses for Orochimaru (for all that he gets overshadowed later, he's the biggest villain in the series for a long time and he's pretty much uniquely evil, even compared to the later ones- plus, who doesn't love snakes).

One of my greatest regrets about your Lie series was not getting to see Ascended Orochimaru (who was probably beyond human concerns and really didn't care about his village like canon had claimed he was despite attacking it), the other of course being that I've seen a billion versions of Wave arc.

Actually come to think of it, you could be right. Orochimaru doesn't have to care anything about Konoha as a village to need to attack it. He just might think he needs something to keep all the ninja busy while he duels Sarutobi. Because fighting the "God of Shinobi" is hard enough without throwing in intervention from random Jonin and the like.

Hm.. given that Orochimaru's techniques involve eating and incorporating bits of the previous body's owner I suspect he's not free from Naruto's influence yet, but that'll just make things more interesting.
WicKeDLana chapter 1 . 2/2/2010