Reviews for The Gilded Room
Kittens Kat chapter 6 . 3/11/2014
THIS WAS AN INTERESTING STORY AND I LIKE HOW BLACKWOOD GOT HIS IN THE END. THANK YOU!
JantoJO'Neill chapter 6 . 4/18/2012
Wow .. this Story was simply perfect! The same beginning in every chapter to lead one into the scene and all the impressions and feelings, returning everytime a bit different.. I loved how you wrote the small progress of his deductions and the whole scenario so that the reader had to figure out himself what was going on..

Plus the whole idea of course, of Blackwoods revenge and his plans with poor Sherlock was pretty good and thought through.

I think you are an amazing writer! And thank you so much for sharing this Story with us :) (btw english is not my motherlanguage, so I hope you understand everything I just wrote ;D ) .. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

JJ
Xenon Z chapter 6 . 4/1/2012
Wow- this really intrigued me.

I love the writing style- how it starts so similar each time, and the whole time everything feels submerged- much like how Sherlock is confused about everything, it's written here very well.

And, the ending felt right. I'm glad they got out- but it's a little sad to see that Sherlock is still so disoriented.

... I think I'll have to listen to some happy classical music to make myself feel better. XD
NyteKit chapter 6 . 2/3/2012
This was seriously amazing. I love this story so much it's hard to put into words. You did such an amazing job describing every thing, more or less, from Sherlock's addled perspective. And it worked, and it was sad, but it was amazing. Chapter 4 in particular was simply beautiful, despite it all and despite it being there when Sherlock lost his voice. But the way you described every thing and Sherlock's slow but important observations...it was so perfect. I also really love the way you started each chapter. It kept a kind of continuance that might otherwise have been missed since Sherlock, as our narrator, missed much of it. This really was just amazing and perfect and wonderful. But it left me with SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Like, for one, how did Blackwood manage to capture them, and did he really keep Sherlock drugged for 10 months or was the use of this drug brought into play a bit later? What happened at Blackwood's castle when Sherlock was not attending? What happened with Watson and what all did Blackwood actually do to Sherlock? Why did Watson insist on Mary calling Sherlock Holmes? And does Mary know about John and Sherlock's relationship? And, of course, how does his recovery go? Does he manage to get his voice, memory, mind back, and how long does it take, if so?

Really your writing here was spectacular and I certainly would not protest to a sequel if you decided to do one. Amazing job!
Cainchan chapter 3 . 12/6/2011
I read this story again. Ohh it is so wonderful and heartbreaking. I repeat myself I know. But you are indeed really talented concerning writing Holmes and Watson and this creepy and cruel and heartbreaking plot. _-
Cainchan chapter 2 . 11/8/2011
I can only repeat myself this story is so wonderful and so very dark. TI always had a thing for such dark story and Sherlock beeing captured and vulnerable. There really need to be a sequel; or a similar story with BBC Sherlock because I do not like movie Holmes very much but despite my dislike of him, the Sherlock in your story I adore.
Cainchan chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
This story is fantastic and I am glad that Sherlock and Watson finally could escape and that Blackwood will never be able to hurt Sherlock again. I really would love to read a sequel to this fanfiction, which deals with Holmes recovery.
ImLostForever chapter 6 . 9/25/2011
That was beyond incredible. Thanks for posting!
ImLostForever chapter 3 . 9/25/2011
My heavens. This is so very dark.
ImLostForever chapter 2 . 9/25/2011
So dark... I think I can guess what is going on.
RoxasIsReal13 chapter 6 . 3/13/2011
What a work of art you've crafted! The constant haze, the brilliant characterizations, the totally seem less dialog-it's all so outstanding. Perfection in every line.

By the way, "But it is not THE END. I am considering a sequel…their recovery will likely take years after all. Perhaps three. They might need to go on holiday somewhere over that time…I hear Switzerland is nice; lovely mountain scenery, perhaps some waterfalls…maybe one day I'll write more." YES PLEASE.

"For some reason writing about breaking things is easier than fixing them." Ain't that the truth?
VG Jekyll chapter 6 . 2/13/2011
The ending was not what I had expected from you, though it was not bad, it did not strike a certain cord with me.

The beginnings of the chapters are interesting and hey way it is uncertain what is exactely going in on mimics the drugged state he is being kept in. The last two chapters are revelations.

very nice.
mustangwoman chapter 6 . 11/25/2010
WOW! I read this story last night and it has haunted my thoughts ever since. Fabulous story and excellent writing. I would love to read a sequel. The potential for one is so great and I know it would be equally as great as this story. A prequel would be great, too. Thank you, thank you, thank you for an excellent read!
kuhekabir chapter 6 . 10/7/2010
i started this story by accident since i am reading your bbc sherlock fics...i saw the movie but well, i just didnt like holmes very much even though the movie was entertaining enough...

anyway, i still enjoyed the story but i couldnt help but wishing that you have written it with the bbc holmes :)
Inthara chapter 6 . 6/18/2010
Wonderful story!

And I don't think it needs to be more explicit than it is here.

The end is definitely too short - so a sequel would be great!