Reviews for Knights of the NCIS Table
tnbutterfly chapter 47 . 1/31/2014
This is a wonderful story and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you.
earthdragon chapter 47 . 4/14/2013
I have thoroughly enjoyed your Knights of the NCIS Table saga. Although I wasn't sure about the Gibbs part which seemed to wander from original idea of bedtime stories for little Donny DiNozzo, the saga was extremely imaginative and very well written.

Although you say that the story has now ended, you actually wrote another story linked to the NCIS Knights, called "Knights Quest: Search for the Holy Grail" which is posted on the NFA Community Site. Unfortunately there is only one chapter and the story hasn't been updated since 4th September 2011. Has this story been abandoned? It would be a shame if that were so, as it would be fascinating to see what Tim's version of the Holy Grail is (particularly if his inspiration is Monty Python).
Guest chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Donny's manners would also be like Tony's because he was raised in a very wealthy home and from what Tony said he always called everyone sir etc. he had to be extremely polite at all times.. I believe it since I've seen wealthy families and how strict they are..
Dreamer22 chapter 47 . 3/30/2011
I have to say that this may just be the most bizarre story I have ever read. Thant being said, I really enjoyed the DiNozzo family and Tim & Gibbs' story telling to Donnie.
alix33 chapter 47 . 4/8/2010
"Tim McGee is once again at his best friend's house, telling a story to his favorite person. Donald DiNozzo may be only four, but he has his Uncle Tim and most of the other members of the MCRT wrapped around his little fingers." - IMO, that is how all little kids' lives should be when they are four.

"Okay one story with Ducky in it coming up. Umm...what kind of character do you want him to be Donny?" "Can you have him be like you are when you tell me stories?" "You want him to be a bard? A traveling story teller who makes friends as he goes?" - That is not out of character at all for the Duckman WE know and love...

"Once upon a time, a long, long, long time ago, there was a little old man who was called, Donald." "His name was Ducky." "His nickname is Ducky. His real name was Donald, just like yours." - I bet Donny DiNozzo did not know that.

"Granpa can tell me bout real Ducky." Tim smiles faintly imagining all the tales that Gibbs might actually be able to tell about the former M.E." - If Granpa Jefro is going to tell Donny about the real Ducky, can we please, pretty please with the delectable Mr. Thom E. Gemcity on top, listen in when he does tell Donny?

"as his favorite mule Leon had pulled up lame two weeks ago." - His favourite mule Leon, that made me laugh.

"She's an elf, like you are sometimes." "Sure, Donny just remind me to tell Granpa so that he knows we used his queen in our story." "Uncle Tim, I think that Tandel was hurt in Granpa's story. Granpa had King Jed wrapping her eyes so that they could travel." Tim thinks for a moment before he asks, "By the way Donny who said I was an elf sometimes?" "Mommy said you used to be an ElfLord or sometin like that." "Remind me to remind Mommy what happens when she tells tales out of school." "Okies." - Hehehe.

"Ducky smiles as the pseudo-dragon approaches. He knows that it won't be long before someone comes out to greet him and is surprised when the pseudo-dragon actually pauses before him. Crystal is surprised too, she usually lets Thym greet King Jed's guests, but for some reason she knows that she has to meet this man. "Well, hello my dear. My name is Donald Mallard but you may call me Ducky." * Tony has to wipe a tear away. The inflection Tim uses reminds the older man of the gentle M.E. and how he always introduced himself to newcomers." - AW!

"Are there any particular rules that I must know about if I'm to fit in?" * Tony and Sarah strain to hear what Tim's going to use for King Jed's rules. After all, the real Gibbs only started his set of rules after meeting his first wife Shannon. * "Expect the unexpected. That's rule number one. if you decide to stay here, I'll let you know what the others are." "Excellent, now then before I forget, I have a gift for you. I'm not sure if you've heard of them; they're called coffee beans and when ground up make a wonderfully warm beverage." * Tony groans at the introduction of coffee to King Jed. When Sarah looks at him, he tells her, "Now we've got one of the first rules of Leroy Jethro Gibbs. Never touch the boss's coffee." - Hehehe.

"Donny is quiet for several minutes after Tim finishes the story and Tim wonders if he's said something wrong. When Donny finally speaks Tim breathes a quiet sigh of relief. "Uncle Tim? Can we call Granpa? I want him to tell me about Ducky." - Yay!

"A/N: I think that this is the actual ending to the Knights of the NCIS Table." - No, we still need to hear Granpa Jefro tell Donny about Ducky!
jamie61 chapter 47 . 4/7/2010
I absolutely loved this. I think it might have been my favorite chapter. Your words brought Ducky's actual voice to mind. Great job!
Team Rosalie chapter 47 . 4/7/2010
luvd the stry! way cute ending! 3 kid dinozzo 8]
alix33 chapter 45 . 3/29/2010
"Gibbs knows that the team wants filled in on what happened while he was in Japan," - "wants filling in".

"Considering how they arrived, Gibbs is about to refuse when he remembers that he can always take one of the Dodge's that are part of the NCIS fleet of cars." - "one of the Dodges".

"Tim looks up startled as he's usually Donny's story teller." - "storyteller" is one word.

"When Thym enters the cave, King Jed looks at the blue dragon and offers an apology to the beast. "I realize that you were just trying to look out for my best interests. Thank you." The dragon gives him a bashful smile before heading towards the cave entrance where he transforms into his dragon form." - I can SO see that smile of Thym's.

"As night becomes day, Tandel asks King Jed if he will "show" her around his castle. The king is slightly surprised but agrees. The elf places a hand on his elbow and he takes her through the separate rooms, describing the kitchens, and the dining areas. He leads her up the stairs to the many guest rooms and even his den." - Aw, I bet that castle is mighty pretty!

"Gibbs looks around not sure if the herbs he's mentioned really are toxic or if he's just repeating something from Harry Potter. Laurie catches his eye and gives a slight nod, indicating that he's on target with the herbs and their toxicity." - Yay at Gibbs' awesome taste in reading materials.
alix33 chapter 44 . 3/29/2010
"Gibbs is getting the run around from Vance regarding his latest journey." - "run-around" is hyphenated.

I would like to see that report of Gibbs' as that would mean he actually understood most of what happened in Japan (I barely understood any of it).

"Abby quietly shuts the door behind her. Gibbs is still sitting on the edge of his desk, arms folded over his chest as he waits for her to speak. "Gibbs, why are you still hanging out with that person? She isn't worthy of you. She doesn't even exist prior to 1984. What do you know about her?" "Abbs…" she ignores the warning tone in his voice as she continues. "Seriously Gibbs, not only does she not exist, but it's like the information on her is all prefabricated. If you want to date someone else, I can understand, but not her Gibbs. She's not all that she says she is." "You done?" Steel and anger are lacing his voice and icing his eyes, yet the Goth ignores it as she continues. "No, I ran her DNA and she comes up as Classified, Top Secret. So does that person you asked Tony to investigate…that Dawes person. What kind of person is that Gibbs? Not someone you can trust if she's out of your clearance range." Gibbs wonders what the Goth will say if he tells her that he's married to Laurie. A small quirk of a grin tugs at the corner of his mouth as he imagines the scene. Rather than give in to temptation, he stands up and escorts the Goth to the door shutting it firmly behind her." - IMO Abby needs a kick up the backside right now.

"Donny wakes up, and sees his grandfather touching Laurie. He reaches out to the woman who calmly takes him in her arms. "I likes you, Miss Laurie. Can we go home now?" " - AW!
vrukalakos chapter 45 . 3/26/2010
Yay! *does a happy dance* Go Gibbs! Yea, I can see why Abby was a little irked...she gets very protective.

So glad you did two chapters today. They were great!
alix33 chapter 43 . 3/26/2010
"Yeah Gibbs." "Care to tell me just when you were going to inform me that you were going to Japan, Gibbs?" "Hadn't planned on telling anyone, Leon. I had a few days off coming to me so I took them…or didn't you get the memo?" Gibbs grins as he can almost hear the ever present toothpick grinding between Vance's teeth. "Evidently you forgot to send the same memo to Miss Sciuto. She's been calling my office every hour on the hour wanting to know when you are coming back." "I'll take care of Abbs." - AW! I hope Abby will be OK sharing her silver-haired fox with Laurie from now on...

"they are scuffed and her fingernails need clipped." - "fingernails need to be clipped" or "fingernails need clipping".

"She leans down to Gibbs, tipping his chin up so that she can capture a kiss on her way out the door. Catcalls and whistles resound throughout the hall and Gibbs can almost feel a blush coming over him." - Hehehe, who even KNEW Gibbs COULD blush?

"Why didn't he bury her here if he loved her that much?" "Her family insisted on the body being returned to them. They said that father was nothing more than a heathen and didn't deserve to have her lying next to him even in death." - I found that incredibly cruel.
alix33 chapter 38 . 3/25/2010
"Gibbs finds himself teleported into Master Takezawa's room" - Sorry to sound dim, but when did Giibs come to know of Laurie's healing and teleporting abilities? At the funerals of the McGees and Hollie's parents?

"Take…care…of...my…daughter." The old man's breathing gets more strained" - That reminded me a lot of the dad who was dying of cancer in the season 2 episode "Pop life".

"He brushes the hair out of her eyes and leans in for their first kiss. He can't help but think of all the times he's tried kissing her and now he's doing so in front of her dying father. The irony of it does not escape him." - Hehehe.

What are founding compounds, please?
alix33 chapter 34 . 3/25/2010
"Sarah sends a questioning look to her husband who avoids her gaze for the first time in their marriage." - That sounds rather ominous...

"Sarah comes over by Tony, shakes Laurie's hand and says, "You're welcome here anytime. Especially when you can cook like that." They all laugh and Donny breathes a sigh of relief that three of his all time favorite people are happy again. He hasn't determined if Miss Laurie is a favorite yet. She and his Granpa Jefro did seem to get along better today than they had a few days ago but he's not sure if she's gonna be his Granpa's Queen." - AW!

"Shoulda just gone to the principal's office and taken my lickin like a good girl." Her mutter shouldn't have been heard by him, but it is. "I can still lick ya if you want." His slow, sexy smile coupled with the teasing look in his silver blue eyes almost, almost melts her. "Damn, turn it off already." She laughs" - AW!
vrukalakos chapter 42 . 3/24/2010
I say it's Abby calling...or DiNozzo. But I could be wrong.
vrukalakos chapter 40 . 3/22/2010
Aw. I'll admit that I was a bit confused but the chapter was really good. Can't wait to read more!