Reviews for The Sky Above, The Field Below
I thought Link will stay! awww.. :(
ZisinLove chapter 12 . 5/9
going through that. ;(
ZisinLove chapter 13 . 5/9
I love It. It was fast-paced but i do not think try that it was rushed. Yours are one of the few fics that i have read that gave Sheik and Link justice! Kudos!
Kyrinne chapter 13 . 8/11/2013
I've read this, and the sequel, several times. I always enjoy the complexity of plot and ease of reading. Well done! :)
Impassive Moon chapter 13 . 7/13/2012
Your ending is...sad. I mean in the emotional sense that makes me cry and is all angsty not in the sense that it is bad.

It is somewhat unsettling though that Link just forgets about the older Shiek and all he suffered... I mean in the end he will never feel comfortable in his own skin simply because of the time travel, either too old or young. But he just leaves Shiek, who is broken and hurting and alone. Shiek who has helped him and saved him, who has cared for him and nursed him back to health. The selfless Shiekah who is the only one left of his race, a race hated by the people of his newly appointed queen. Link just left him to deal with all of his scars alone, perhaps not alone but with someone who is also hurting. I wish you could have written more about the older timeline simply because if you are following game canon there are two timelines (and it has been confirmed) Shiek also gave up his childhood for Hyrule but it is never truly emphasized because he has grown along with the timeline, he has bleed and given up so much for a people who look at him with distain and has been left completely shattered by the one he loves the most the last time we see him.

Your writing and characterization are good, until the epilogue which left me thinking that Link has forgotten all that the older Shiek had gone through. It definatly was a story the tugged at my heart-strings and made me cry. I only wish the ending was different. Keep writing because you are truly an excellent writer.
Guest chapter 13 . 6/29/2012
This was an interesting and enjoyable read. However, the characterizations and tone of the ending seem wildly different than what you had presented up until that point.

Was the ending intentionally horrifying/tragic? If I were Link, this little Sheik would be a bitter reminder that I left my own Sheik, who sacrificed so much for me, behind. That Link *immediately* goes "hey, hot stuff" without even a thought for his Sheik calls into question whether or not Sheik meant anything to him in the first place. Not very romantic.

The idea of Link immediately casting aside the Sheik that suffered for him in favor of a new, undamaged Sheik makes Link seem monstrous. If you want to have a character like that, that's fine, but it seems like you're going for a *sympathetic* character, not someone who inspires aspirations of eye-gouging. ;)

That Zelda would be so quick to forget someone she purportedly loved like a brother is , feeling hopeful that you can prevent serious harm to your kingdom is nothing but appropriate, but it seems as though she has forgotten that somewhere else, someone she loves is presumably struggling to find meaning in life after suffering a terrible and crippling ordeal for her.

Everything is going to be alright for Link, and child Zelda, but what about original Zelda and original Sheik? Nothing? I would have liked to see them pick up the pieces a bit. That in the epilogue there is a version of Zelda, and Link, but Sheik is completely replaced seems like the protagonist of this story was cast aside like so much garbage because he was too broken. That's depressing, not "alright after all".
Sorelliena chapter 13 . 5/8/2012
OMGGG I just tanked down all of that in one go.

OH, my poor heart, SHEIK. I thought Ganondorf would rape him and then it turned out worse. And the sages. LINK, retard, urghfhhhhdjskkdnfj. I'm just really, really glad there was a happy ending to all of this! I loved how you described the ending, the torture, the trauma, the blinding ;-; ohhhhh god I'm glad adult timeline Sheik no longer exists...

I'm going to go read the sequel now 8D
Sorelliena chapter 7 . 5/7/2012
Guh, dark link! The Dark Link Sheik pairing is quite juicy too, hehee 8). I noticed how DL had the same fighting style as Link from their sparring earlier :o

And oh! OH! The kiss! 333333. Dammit all Impa, of all the times to call...
Sorelliena chapter 6 . 5/7/2012
RUTO AND SHEIK INTERACTION HUZZAH! Oh man, Link is becoming an adult... Ohhhhh dear.

I cannot wait for him to get to the water temple. That place was the stuff of nightmares X.X
Sorelliena chapter 5 . 5/7/2012
Ocarina of time was a masterpiece with this kind of inlaid emotion. ;-;

oh man, little time for review, more for reading! OH GOODY, the hero is awake, and Sheik is right there watching. It broke my heart when Link wept ;_;
Sorelliena chapter 4 . 5/7/2012
UGH, the shadow temple. My least favorite temple. The Spirit temple was almost a relief after that nasty ordeal with Bongo Bongo. X.x

I love how you incorporated some of the script into the song finding 8D. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE LINKKKK AHAHAHAHAHA!
Sorelliena chapter 3 . 5/7/2012
TIME PASSAGE AHOY! An idea for a comedic side story: in which Sheik disobeyed Impa, wandered down one of the paths, and ends up landing squarely in the bedroom of young Midna. Derp.
Sorelliena chapter 2 . 5/7/2012
INTRIGUE.

Of course Sheik is awesome enough to pass as a pretty Gerudo girl. Mmm. Gerudo Sheik. I was so nervous for the two of them, Zelda and Sheik... D:
Sorelliena chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
Here I go! Off to your bigger works now 8).

I really do appreciate the way you write Zelda separate from Sheik. Personally I think that they're the same person but the way you write them differently is so... Delicious! So awesome.

I'm glad you gave Sheik parents. I'm itching to know what his real name is but I think it's best if I let it go, haha!
Mistress Moitie chapter 13 . 2/20/2012
Beautiful story. You have brought forward the perfect little retelling of Ocarina of Time in the way I had always imagined in my head and so badly wanted to read. It tugged at my heart strings, and satisfied all my cravings for Sexy Hero Link goodness and steamy Sheik/Link moments.

I admire your dedication to finishing a story of this length and want to thank you for sharing your creativity with all of us. Favorited.